Denver, CO

H8DME-2 / MCP55 Pro

Has anyone had success in getting vlan tagging enabled on H8DME-2 / MCP55 Pro chipset? I am trying to deploy HyperV on Win08 x64 DC Edition, but they need to do both vlan tagging + NIC teaming. When configuring network settings for individual VMs under HyperV, the vlan tag section is grey'd out. Ironically, I have temporarily put a crappy Intel Pro 1000MT Desktop card in there, and vlan tagging works just fine.

I'm hoping someone has a solution here, but I doubt it. I will probably have to suck it up and buy 2 port Intel based PCIe NICs for my application.

Damn nVidia.
    Jay Sudowski // Handy Networks LLC // Co-Founder & CTO
    AS30475 - Level(3), HE, Telia, XO and Cogent. Noction optimized network.
    Offering Dedicated Server and Colocation Hosting from our SSAE 16 SOC 2, Type 2 Certified Data Center.
    Current specials here. Check them out.

New York, NY
    Quote Originally Posted by Jay Suds View Post
    Damn nVidia.
    Just today I gave up on the idea of using the built-in nVidia ports on our H8DM3-2 boards that we use for Xen. The flakyness may have just been due to the reverse-engineered driver that Linux uses for it, but it was starting to be too much trouble to bother with, so I just ordered some Intel Pro/1000 PT server adapters to replace them.
    Scott Burns, President
    BQ Internet Corporation
    Remote Rsync and FTP backup solutions