Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

* Who can exchange traffic ?

I am looking to setup a public peer exchange. Do everybody want to exchange their traffic? It can be a non-profit base. My side can give you asia connection. But we need US / EU connection.

How large of a client base do you have? Peering only makes sense if you're exchanging enough traffic with your peer partner that it makes up for the crossconnect fees.

A good start is to profile your traffic and see if any significant amount is going to a company that is willing to do peering. Obviously peering does not provide you a full view of the internet, it is just the IP spaces announced by the peered AS.

You're probably better off looking for peering Equinix Exchange's MLPE or CoreSite's Any2Easy if you have significant traffic going to companies that have open peering.

I am planning to open full route not only my network to public peer, you can just open your network prefix, but my exchange point are open for any peer. I am from asia , I just open a new pop at HE.net DC, so if you like we can make a exchange at there, for cross localloop, we can use GRE

You need to open POP in a location where lots of providers are.
    One Wilshire (624 South Grand) for example, and connect to Any2Exchange or Equinix LAIX.
    Both of these are in Los Angeles, CA

We would be open to peering with you depending on the full details. We are always looking for more connections to Asia. We have many gigabits of bandwidth going to Asia.
    Who are you? What does your company do? What are your goals by doing this?
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Bandwidth Billing | Inventory & Asset Management | Server Control
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

What is your PoP exactly? Can you explain what benefit you see in doing this?

I have a POP at he.net FM1 data center. my goal is finding some parnter who want to peer with us for China and asia route. And my company also will send traffic to you for US or EU traffic(if you only open you AS traffic , I want to use VPN for metro crossing link) . So you have a direct link to asia and we can have US route too. And you dont need to setup a cross ocean link to asia too.
    For future develop, we both can exchange ip pool for US and Asia ip.

My company is in HongKong and Providing Voice and data traffic. You may check pacidc.com

I will be in Equinix LA1, so I can't really help you there. BTW, what is your ASN? The one on your website, AS55536, does not show up.
    Last edited by InTheEP; 09-25-2010 at 04:40 AM.

There are no networks in he.net FM1
    If you want to connect to other networks you need to go to a place that makes more sense like one of the big exchanges.

1 Wilshire or Equinix LA1
    EasyDCIM.com - DataCenter Infrastructure Management - HELLO DEDICATED SERVER & COLO PROVIDERS! - Reach Me: chris@easydcim.com
    Order Forms | Reboots | IPMI Control | IP Management | Reverse&Forward DNS | Rack Management

They supply BGP full route as well. about 300000 route.

You can peer me by using GRE VPN. so we donot need same floor.
    Last edited by pacidc; 09-25-2010 at 06:35 AM.

If you exchange traffic (peer) via GRE VPN then _YOUR_ bandwidth usage / cost is going to jump; so why would you do it? And of course we all want to peer with you if you are going to do that, as our inbound traffic is insignificant compared to outbound. So we would basically be pushing our traffic out to you, and you out to HE.
    If you are serious about peering, you should consider getting peering ports at 1 Wilshire and MAE West, and then doing a private line to those locations
    Another point: are you doing enough traffic to justify peering?

I have a direct link from HK to HE site.
    You can peer with me for access my Asia link directly. I already have our US route from HE. You just need to peer to my HE POP IP address.In this time our POP can supply a GE port.

What I want to get from other partners is, I can direct peer to your network and your upstream carrier, and we can get the both way direct traffic.

My first target is welcome any full route peer. Because we can fairly to exchange our traffic. For now, we have oversea inbound traffic into our network. And I am sure if you have HK/Asia user, they can reach you via our direct link too.

In the first stage, we can setup GRE for peering.

Please give me your contact if you want to talk more about this. My email is ernest.tse (at) pacswitch.com

So you want us to announce your routes to our upstream carriers (Level3, Qwest, GBLX, etc) so that you have dont have to push your traffic out to HE?

So you want to trade your $1 bandwidth for our $6 bandwidth?

Your point is not true.

Our US POP already have US+EU full route already. I dont need your route for our traffic, But I am seeking for upper level business. e.g IP address selling or your client need a Asia IP address for locally access.

After you peered. You will get peered to HKIX and China Telecom(Also China Unicom). That`s you cannot get from your upstream and HE directly(I think whole US exchange point cannot directly peered).

What we did is below chart:
    Our China Core Router(Asia peer/HKIX/CT peered) <-----Cross Pacific MPLS------> USA Core router (Full Route US+EU peered with HE)
    We store our router at HE because they can supply us good and lower cost US route.That`s we cannot get from other US public exchange point.

If you want to peer with me, you can point to my US core router.

I dont think you can get $6/Mbps for China bandwidth. And HE also cannot connect to China Telecom for under $100/Mbps

At my first stage is a free base exchange. But I will setup a monthly charge base for selling China bandwidth directly to US market in the future.

You should have gotten rackspace inside a better POP. You could still have bought HE.net, but you would be in a better location and have access to more networks.

Why not exchange on the biggest peering point of the world?
    "Everyone" is there :-) The DE-CIX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...points_by_size

Cheers
    WWW.NAUCUM.NET
    COLOCATION/HOUSING ´´´ IP-TRANSIT ...AND MORE
    tel: +49 1635000676 ´´´´´ eMail: info@naucum.net
    Frankfurt, Germany

Why not exchange on the biggest peering point of the world?
    "Everyone" is there :-) The DE-CIX

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...points_by_size

Because it have to buy many direct link or IPLC to their exchange point.If you peer with some guy who can exchange full route. that will be lower cost that I point to all IX.

By the way, back to my topic. Is there any guy want China route?

Where your guys POP location?

Quote Originally Posted by pacidc View Post
    I have a POP at he.net FM1 data center. my goal is finding some parnter who want to peer with us for China and asia route. And my company also will send traffic to you for US or EU traffic(if you only open you AS traffic , I want to use VPN for metro crossing link) . So you have a direct link to asia and we can have US route too. And you dont need to setup a cross ocean link to asia too.
    For future develop, we both can exchange ip pool for US and Asia ip.

My company is in HongKong and Providing Voice and data traffic. You may check pacidc.com
    So in other words your just trying to use a gre/tunnel to your own equipment across HE's network into asia?

This doesn't exactly sound like you have your own wave across the pacific or direct lines anywhere. As stated before HE.net != neutral facility nor any IX's.
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6
    Ashburn/Denver/NYC/Dallas/Chicago Markets Served zak@yellowfiber.net

Where your guys POP location?
    What is your ASN?

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr View Post
    So in other words your just trying to use a gre/tunnel to your own equipment across HE's network into asia?

This doesn't exactly sound like you have your own wave across the pacific or direct lines anywhere. As stated before HE.net != neutral facility nor any IX's.
    We have direct link to US from our core. If we do not have a direct link, how we can have bandwidth from Asia to USA? We peer with HE because they provide us cheaper US route and EU route(As you can see everywhere their adv). That is we cannot get from Asia.(They have sell in HK, but HE network to HK is not stable)

For the last a few posts the meaning is; In this time. We cannot handle the large cost for our IP crossing. If we setup all the link across globe, we could be a Tier 1 provider already. For now, our need is only Asia and US. Not other market.(But could be develop in the future)

We peer with HE...
    Again, what is your ASN?

We peer with HE because they provide us cheaper US route and EU route(As you can see everywhere their adv). T)

Thats not peering, thats IP transit. Peering = settlement free = you don't pay for anything.

I think you are highly confused on what your trying to come across with.

Also your ASN you list on your site is not found anywhere in any route view server or anything.
    Yellow Fiber Networks
    http://www.yellowfiber.net : Managed Solutions - Colocation - Network Services IPv4/IPv6

Quote Originally Posted by Spudstr View Post
    Also your ASN you list on your site is not found anywhere in any route view server or anything.
    "The one on your website, AS55536, does not show up."

Yep, I've previously mentioned that, this person seems a bit evasive or does not seem to understand.

Quote Originally Posted by InTheEP View Post
    "The one on your website, AS55536, does not show up."

Yep, I've previously mentioned that, this person seems a bit evasive or does not seem to understand.
    Actually it does show on apnic to Pacswitch Globe Telecom that was reserved on 6/02/2010

But theres no routes from on route views.

sername: rviews
    route-views>sh ip bgp 202.52.33.0
    % Network not in table
    route-views>sh ip bgp 202.52.33.1
    % Network not in table
    route-views>
    They were also only allocated a single /24 netblock from apnic as well, but don't seem to be advertising it.

Even looking at http://lg.he.net for 202.52.33.0 returns no routes on HE's own routers.

core1.fmt1.he.net> show ip bgp 202.52.33.0
    BGP4 : None of the BGP4 routes match the display condition
    # Entry cached for another 18 seconds.
    Yellow Fiber Networks

we could be a Tier 1 provider already. For now, our need is only Asia and US. Not other market.(But could be develop in the future)

I hate to burst your bubble, but you are no where near close to being a tier1. Do you understand what it takes to become a tier1 network?
    Yellow Fiber Networks

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast