Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

[REVIEW] Payton Designs WHMCS Integration

Hello,

This is just a review on Payton Designs WHMCS Integration! First let me explain what has been going on for a little while now. Particularly, there is a user of the name 'OCWebGurus' who feels he has taken it upon himself to start degrading a company through private and public actions, as you may have seen earlier on WHT. I first had approached OCWebGurus to do my WHMCS Integration, but soon found out he wanted to charge 100$ for the integration. I told him that I was aghast at the price, and he proceeded to give me 50% off, so that's 50$. I still told him I was uninterested, and that it was out of my price range. I asked him why an integration costs so much, following the words, "Because it's W3C compliant". I could not believe my eyes! Charging a client nearly 50% more, just because it can be done correctly and in W3C compliance! He then started to claim that Payton Designs was worse, that he just uses scripts to complete the designs (which is entirely false). He also insisted that Payton Design's doesn't give a rats behind about their clients, nor their requests (which also is false). I was almost in complete utter amazement how such a professional company (OCWebGurus) could just throw it's reputation away by those chilling facts.

I went ahead and posted my little WHMCS Integrations Request, having PaytonDesigns contacted me instantly. I asked him about the accusations made against him, he pleaded that he was innocent. I put him to the ultimate test, and hired him for a WHMCS Integration. What do you know? 100% W3C Client, Hand Integrated, Repeated to ask me if I was happy with it, and If I would like anything changed. I was extremely happy with PaytonDesigns, and I'm disgusted and OCWebGuru's attitude, that I felt sick.

This is an honest review, and I'm just simply informing you on all the events that made me feel this way.

In closing, I do recommend Payton Designs, 100%, all the way! Quality, is his main goal. If you do look at the forums, Payton Designs has a perfect reputation, and any issues were dealt with immediately. I do ask you to please stay away from the companies that have nothing but bad things to say about you if you dare compete with them.

Let this be a lesson learned.
    Last edited by OpticVPS Josh; 09-02-2009 at 07:04 PM.
    Joshua G.

Great review, I'm glad it all worked out for you.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Thanks, I'm just trying to give my honest opinion on this.
    Joshua G.

Payton Design's is a great designer his WHMCS integration skills are awesome. One thing i dislike is the support. It seem's he leaves or just simply ignore's my ticket's,pms,email's im not sure what's the reason why he has done this to me but i been very quick to send payment's etc. I been trying to contact him regarding the SemoWeb Logo which the original one he designed i wasnt happy so he then designed another one which was better than his first but after seeing how he tried to create a new design showed me he cared but i had to contact him regarding the logo and a few minor change's and also i wanted for him to give me some information about the WHMCS integration but after trying various times to contact him he has failed to reply to any of the method's i attempted to contact him. DONT get me wrong if you want WHMCS integration have Payton Design's handle the project just the lack of response is what killed me. As for SemoWebs logo i went ahead and hired The Pixel to design it and im happy with it. I just couldnt wait for him much longer it has been over a week and no response i would still like him to answer my question regarding the WHMCS though.

Do i want a refund? NO
    Do i dislike his work? NO

Payton if you read this feel free to respond.
    Last edited by Dustin B Cisneros; 09-02-2009 at 08:51 PM.
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

Thank you for the honest review Josh. I'm glad you contacted me regarding those accusations so I could clear them up for you. It was a pleasure working with you.

Semoweb,

I apologize, but I just now got to your ticket. It got lost up in all my active tickets and since I'm so busy I totally forgot about making the final touches on the logo. Maybe I should start closing some of those tickets... Sorry about that.
    Last edited by Payton Designs; 09-02-2009 at 09:01 PM.

First off Josh

Your kept asking me for our promotional integration service ($15)... Since we closed our promotion he seems to still think we can do 1 more integration for $15.. well sorry JOSH once a promotion ends you don't come asking for that price 2 weeks after we closed it down.

Second of all Josh,
    Our integration service is now priced at $100, YES to everyone it is $100 bucks. We feel the amount of work and quality going into our integrations is worth that amount. Take it or leave. Simple.

Also,

You coming on here and letting everyone know i was ripping you off, well your an idiot.. I gave you a quote at $50 which is 50% off our price as of right now. What don't you get. I'm not holding a gun to your head and i could careless if you came to us for an integration.

If people want a quality integration they will pay for it, end of story
    Last edited by ocwebguru; 09-02-2009 at 09:43 PM.
    OC Web Gurus Check Us Out!
    Reliable Hosting | Truly Amazing Designs
    We are a proud member of WHT community since 2007!

Hello,

I don't understand where you feel you were 'ripped off' Josh. You did not contract us to do the job and you did not pay any money. We simply quoted you a rate for a service. How we justify those prices is entirely our business and if you feel you are not comfortable paying a certain amount for a product or service, no one forces you to go ahead and purchase it.

It's good you are happy with Payton Designs and you certainly sound like you feel you got your moneys worth. We feel we have our own set of standards and go through a great deal to make sure those standards are met. We thus charge accordingly and again if you are not comfortable with our rates we wish you luck in finding others out there that will cater best to you

Alex Y

Per our conversation yesterday, it seems that W3C validation is why your prices are raised.

Also, Andrew, I just love this statement: "I'm not holding a gun to your head and i could careless if you came to us for an integration. "

That's a great way to treat your clients, 'you could care less'.
    Joshua G.

Quote Originally Posted by ocwebguru View Post
    First off Josh

Your kept asking me for our promotional integration service ($15)... Since we closed our promotion he seems to still think we can do 1 more integration for $15.. well sorry JOSH once a promotion ends you don't come asking for that price 2 weeks after we closed it down.

Second of all Josh,
    Our integration service is now priced at $100, YES to everyone it is $100 bucks. We feel the amount of work and quality going into our integrations is worth that amount. Take it or leave. Simple.

Also,

You coming on here and letting everyone know i was ripping you off, well your an idiot.. I gave you a quote at $50 which is 50% off our price as of right now. What don't you get. I'm not holding a gun to your head and i could careless if you came to us for an integration.

If people want a quality integration they will pay for it, end of story
    Sorry but you seem quite angry and unprofessional at the same time.

How can you care less if someone get's a design with you or not? Not a good business attitude. Second what's the reason for calling him Idiot?
    〓〓 RackNerd LLC - Introducing Infrastructure Stability
    〓〓 Dedicated Servers, Private Cloud, DRaaS, Colocation, VPS, DDoS Mitigation, Shared & Reseller Hosting
    〓〓 www.linkedin.com/in/dustincisneros/
    〓〓 My fancy email dustin@racknerd.com

I directed that entirely at Josh ordering from us because of his inability to understand our previous promotional rate and somehow got the impression I had specifically targeted him.

Josh it's okay if you are unhappy with our quote but it's another thing to use a review thread of another company to talk about this unhappiness.

I never said it was exclusively w3c validation was the only reason we charge what we charge. Our service includes complete integration of WHMCS system into a website anywhere from the client interface to the shopping cart, which is guaranteed to be of professional quality front and back end. Anyone that has gotten an integration with us can attest to this and we are more than glad to prove the value of our rates with our work.

So again I am sorry you did not understand this and even made an effort to discount you from our original rate seeing as how we have been in talks before. But it is very unprofessional to use such a thread to talk about a company's work standard that you have never contracted and I can't be of help to someone that accuses us of wrong doing simply because they found the price to be beyond what they are willing to pay.
    Last edited by ocwebguru; 09-03-2009 at 12:14 AM.

I directed that entirely at Josh ordering from us because of his inability to understand our previous promotional rate and somehow got the impression I had specifically targeted him.

Josh it's okay if you are unhappy with our quote but it's another thing to use a review thread of another company to talk about this unhappiness.

Our service includes complete integration of WHMCS system into a website anywhere from the client interface to the shopping cart, which is guaranteed to be of professional quality front and back end. Anyone that has gotten an integration with us can attest to this and we are more than glad to prove the value of our rates with our work.

So again I am sorry you did not understand this and even made an effort to discount you from our original rate seeing as how we have been in talks before. But it is very unprofessional to use such a thread to talk about a company's work standard that you have never contracted and I can't be of help to someone that accuses us of wrong doing simply because they found the price to be beyond what they are willing to pay.
    So can you explain on the reason for your company to bad mouth PaytonDesigns without proofs? This sort of malicious slander and allegations is what makes your company looks unprofessional.
    Last edited by JLHC; 09-03-2009 at 12:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by semoweb View Post
    Sorry but you seem quite angry and unprofessional at the same time.

How can you care less if someone get's a design with you or not? Not a good business attitude. Second what's the reason for calling him Idiot?
    Agreed.

although why are intergrations so expensive. I found about 3 guides online that take about 10 minutes to complete.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Ocwebguru, you dont get new customers in a place like this by bashing people. I cannot believe the level of unprofessionalism that you have shown here, you have severely tarnished your name in this thread.

Grow up before starting a business.

@JLHC

We had a private conversation with Josh in which yes, Payton's work was mentioned. But no allegations or slander was made about anything that wasn't already available for verifying through the work. Not really interested in hashing this out here. Like I said, it was a private conversation.

@Dave

Those are some dramatic conclusions you are making off of something you are not a part of. But thanks for the brotherly advice.

Again, we are thrilled Josh is happy with his integration. Good luck to both of them in their work.
    Last edited by ocwebguru; 09-03-2009 at 01:33 AM.

@JLHC

We had a private conversation with Josh in which yes, Payton's work was mentioned. But no allegations or slander was made about anything that wasn't already available for verifying through the work.
    Really, is that the story your going to stick to? Pity.
    Joshua G.

Not trying to offend Josh or anyone else on here.
    Last edited by ocwebguru; 09-02-2009 at 09:59 PM.

Seems to me both sides could use a little head shake. Unfortunately the edit button disappears after 15 minutes

What I will say is I wouldn't want to work with the OP. $100 for a full WHMCS integration... and you're "aghast" at the price? We all have to pay our taxes, bills, employees, benefits, etc. Even $100 seems low to me. *shrug*

Josh had told me that 'Ocwebguru' claimed I didn't take any consideration to what my clients wanted and that I used a script to perform all my integrations which is why they come out bad. Hmm?

Not sure where this kid is getting all his information. I cater to my clients demands on every order. If something isn't correct, I fix it asap. Also, I do not use any type of script to do my integrations, they are all hand coded and cross browser friendly. Not sure how he claims they come out bad when my clients love them, maybe its his sales pitch?

I wouldn't get out of bed for $100. A good site integration's worth $100 imho.

owm
    ‹(¿)›
    Life's what you make it.

@ Payton

No one uses you for their sales pitch. We actually recommended he go over to you because he didn't want to pay for our service. As far as what else Josh claims was said, we've already gotten into what took place in that conversation.

Frankly, I'm not sure why this keeps getting dragged up in a review thread about PaytonDesigns but this is the last time we'll be commenting on it. We're glad he found your service to be up to par with his expectations. We're happy in what we do and for how much we do it, anything beyond that the work will speak for itself.

Regards,

Alex Y

you cant use a review post to also bash another company that you haven't even used their services. That's just poor.

ocwebguru can be commended for several times saying that he is glad you got your design sorted to your liking (and he recommended you to payton??).

As regard to the "I'm not holding a gun to your head and i could careless if you came to us for an integration. "

Well, I think that is directed at the OP - he doesnt care if he came to them for an integration as his post and comments prove he could be a troublesome client. Heck he's complaining about the cost and isn't even a client.

@ opticvps

you would have been better posting two topics - one a review for payton and second a post about your conversation with ocweb. However posting information in a private conversation could be misconstrued.

@wise I'm giving a full account of the review, there is no need to break it up. It all happened together, so the review is tethered. I'm not bashing the company, I'm giving my full insight to the matter.

@ocwebgurus & @ayohannes I was actually told not to go, at all. If you want me to post an exact screen shot of your inexcusable words toward Payton Designs, I can do that.

@mekhu Not everyone pays taxes, and this is not taxes we are paying, its an integration. Your statement implied: The candy bar is 100$, but who cares, we pay a lot more in taxes! That was a foolish comment.
    Joshua G.

Just a little thing I'd like to post. Andrew R is Andrew Robertson from OCwebgurus. Other SN is blurred out.

http://www.paytondesigns.com/screenshots/

Quote Originally Posted by Payton Designs View Post
    Just a little thing I'd like to post. Andrew R is Andrew Robertson from OCwebgurus. Other SN is blurred out.

http://www.paytondesigns.com/screenshots/
    Thanks for the screenshot. At least it proves who is the unprofessional party here.

Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Thanks for the screenshot. At least it proves who is the unprofessional party here.
    Agreed. . I really am not out to get anybody, but when these things do come around, it's for the safety of the public to know about it, and to avoid any issues.

EDIT:

@SaberS: That's exactly what was going through my mind! And to only think what he is saying about me and my company.
    Joshua G.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast