Looking for a new host (again)

I recently decided to stop hosting my own server and just pay for reseller hosting. ( My server is rather old, and slow, and of course has its own set of issues ) I asked some guys I know that do reseller hosting and was told to go check out Host Gator.

That was Sunday.

After having issues where my P3 dual proc 500mhz cira 1999 server was generating pages faster than their 8core Xeon machine.. I was fustrated. But we got that fixed.

Since then, I transfer all 9 domains over to their site, got them setup, got my sql data moved, everything working just fine. Then I decided to start looking at their mail server..

Yesterday I find out, they can't support inbound greylisting for anti-spam. Today, I find out no procmail support. That was the deal breaker.

So, I ask you. I'm looking for a decent host, where I can get pleanty of space (15+gb) for under $25/month. I would prefer to stay away from cpanel based hosts... and I do insist on having procmail support. Host could be reseller or private as at this point I really don't care...

Any suggestions ??

Thanks !

-Tony

Take your time to look at SYN Hosting. Their hosting plans may suit your personal needs.
    Last edited by syngadget; 09-02-2009 at 01:48 PM.
    SYN Gadget (!) Synchronous Gadget
    It's All About Gadget, Gizmo, Hot Tech Stuff and So Many More!
    SYN Gadget is Proudly Hosted by SYN Hosting

I would strongly suggest looking around WHT Reseller Forum section at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/forumdisplay.php?f=3. Your able to find wonderful specials and deals that I'm sure are more then suitable for your overall desires. I'm not sure exactly what ones would offer space (15+gb) for under $25/month. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Quote Originally Posted by tonhe View Post
    I would prefer to stay away from cpanel based hosts...
    -Tony
    What control panel do you prefer Tony?

Honestly, I've never used most of them. I use webmin / virtualmin on my own servers and think it works really well. Cpanel was just far too limiting for me.. And it seems most people that use it, don't support things like procmail because of the way it structures the users.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    What control panel do you prefer Tony?

I'm actually considering looking at VPS hosting now.. I think I may be just too picky for shared hosting..

VPS might be your best bet. Try one for a couple of months and see if you like it. But if you don't know linux very well, go for a managed VPS.

Well, I've been using Linux since 1992, I worked as an engineer for a Linux based router company, in 1999 I made my own distro that I used for some projects I was working on, and most recently I was the Senior Network Engineer for one of the largest Linux based wireless isps in the US. I should be good..

I wasn't going to use a VPS provider since I didn't feel like hassling with the setup.. but, I think I'm just too picky to not use my own setup.

Quote Originally Posted by DHD-Nick View Post
    VPS might be your best bet. Try one for a couple of months and see if you like it. But if you don't know linux very well, go for a managed VPS.

I don't think you're experienced enough to run Linux. I suggest a managed host

Quote Originally Posted by tonhe View Post
    I'm actually considering looking at VPS hosting now.. I think I may be just too picky for shared hosting..
    Agreed, I would definitely consider a non-cPanel VPS.

I would suggest researching Linode.com and Slicehost.com which should meet your criteria, however it's unmanaged.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?

there must be lot more webhosting solution out there but it require some research, i dont know exactly what will be the best for your needs, but google can help you out, try bravenet hosting or godaddy.

Quote Originally Posted by bradtech2009 View Post
    there must be lot more webhosting solution out there but it require some research, i dont know exactly what will be the best for your needs, but google can help you out, try bravenet hosting or godaddy.
    You are right. Just sitting on the table and waiting for the reviews that is not good idea at all and I suppose with your hands down you will never find decent solution