My portfolio website

Hello, please review my new personal website georgebadea.com

Black backgroung color is not a good idea at all. Your text is not visible. The main website menu is not visible at all. It took a few minutes for me to find your contact page. I am not a professional website designer, but I would like to note that the certain changes with website colors and text font should be done to make website more readable in such a way. Hope this will help you.

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    Black backgroung color is not a good idea at all. Your text is not visible. The main website menu is not visible at all. It took a few minutes for me to find your contact page. I am not a professional website designer, but I would like to note that the certain changes with website colors and text font should be done to make website more readable in such a way. Hope this will help you.
    Are you kidding?

To the OP: The site looks amazing! The color is perfect because it makes what is really important stand out...which is your work! Which I must say is on point too! The site not only looks great, but looks expensive, looks like you produce good quality. You have a very nice brand going on there, keep up the good work!
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMade View Post
    Are you kidding?
    I am just trying to express my own opinion. In general, website looks good. Webmaster has its own style, nevertheless the text at a website is not readable. I think that colors and text fonts should be shanged a little to make website information more readable. Website has no professionally developed logo and it is also not ok. I would like to repeat that I am not a professional website designer, I am just an avarage user and say that I think. Website owner is free to decide if he should take into account my comment or not. Thanks.

Its too dark, I have to 'squint' my eyes to see anything. Either change your background colour, or change font colour to white or lite colour, its hard too see/read anything.
    Garbott Ltd - Exceptional web development, hosting & consultancy services

Overall I really like your design and how you have used CSS elements to make your website that much stronger. Like most have already stated its dark. I think if you introduced more warm colors like: white, blue, red and green your website will be that much stronger. Great job!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Just because the site is dark does not mean that it can not be used. There are millions of dark themed sites that designers, photographers and freelancers alike have used and make good color choices out of. Yes, I think the text could be used in a more colored manner. BUT, I think the dark color scheme should be maintained as it makes the work stand out. I think with a lighter color scheme the brand would lose all equity.
    <<< Please see Forum Guidelines for signature setup. >>>

Quote Originally Posted by CoreyMade View Post
    Just because the site is dark does not mean that it can not be used.
    Dear CoreyMade, we don't want to tell you that it can not be used. We are just leaving our comments on how improve its design. That's all.

Hi everyone and thanks for you comments, I appreciate it.
    After testing the site on a few different screens I have decided to keep this color scheme. I had a few people complaining that it's too dark, but overall I've received lots of great feedback. The site has been also accepted and featured on the creattica.com design gallery and the judges over there are very exigent

Yea you could try taking that dark gray thats up against the black background and just make the gray more lighter.
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

its very dark change colour combination

Hey bro change your background

Quote Originally Posted by redesignunit View Post
    Hey bro change your background
    Or make your default text a little bigger. And they grey doesn't work. There should be at least 70% contrast between body text and background.
    Hydro Host – Affordable UK Web Hosting - cPanel
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

A little dark on one of our computers, perfectly readable on another.

Remember, not all visitors will have a screen that is bright enough to pick out the gray text.
    -----------------------------------
    AmeriWeb Hosting
    One Stop Business Solutions
    AmeriWeb Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by robertk1 View Post
    Remember, not all visitors will have a screen that is bright enough to pick out the gray text.
    Yes and some users mess around with their settings to what they think makes the screen look better but in actual fact it could make it totally wrong. This may cause your website to be very unreadable.
    Shared Hosting – Reseller Hosting – Domain Name Registration - Affiliate Program
    www.hydro-host.net

i like black background you just need to add sample designs images in your homepage so that once they visit your website they will see your previous designs.

it is really Good Site

Actually I kinda like the black, it doesn't look too bad at all. Looks kinda pro
    All life is an experiment. The more experiments you make the better.

As already mentioned the background is too dark compared (it makes it difficult to read your page). But I like your work, also this seems to be your first post here (looking like an advert).

I'm impressed, you are a very talented designer.
    Work on your typography a bit if you want to improve.
    Sam Asante ~ Web & User Interface Designer ~ SamAsante.com
    World-Class cPanel Themes
    Responsive WHMCS Themes

I wanted to say also even though a lot of people on here will agree that the gray text doesn't go with the black background. I think some of the sites in your portfolio aren't so bad either though too. And the sites in your portfolio to me actually look better than the gray on black background.

It also is worth noting that here on web hosting talk people can get very critical cause some on here work really hard at what they do. And we all are always learning and getting better etc.

If you go in the real world of normal websites some people who have hired me to do some work are asking to just load jpegs that slow down there site. And there are some people out there selling websites with way less talent and effort put into your site.

What I'm trying to say is here on WHT you will find the bar a lot higher than you will out in other areas of the internet.
    Computer Steroids - Full service website development solutions since 2001.
    (612)234-2768 - Locally owned and operated in the Minneapolis, Minnesota area.

Quote Originally Posted by gilbert View Post

What I'm trying to say is here on WHT you will find the bar a lot higher than you will out in other areas of the internet.
    This is a good thing though. It helps everyone learn, and how to make things better.

These are quite simple design principlas that have not been put into place. It is not a personal comment, just how to make things beter
    www.hydro-host.net