Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Talking WOW! CubicHost.org is Great!

Hi guys, I am a professional web developer looking for somone to host my custom forum software.. I posted earlier today in this thread:
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=887047

Now, Here is my quick review about them.. There was a plan for 50%Half off with a coupon code.. so I got there shared hosting plan for the first month for only .95$/month! Then 1.95$/month after that! And I also talked to there admin and he will be giving me a 10% Discount If I maintain my little link to there Hosting on my main Page, [not forum index] main page[index] So that was a Plus too, also. my forums are 24-7gt.com That is hosted by them.. if you would like to test speed [my forum is custom written so it might be a little faster then normal forums]

It's wonderful fast/free so far and great uptime and good speeds,

Thanks cubicHosting, alos = . =

-monkuar!

PS: Also cubic hosting site is: http://www.cubichost.org/

So far so good by the sounds of it, thanks for the review
    DesignBear.com
    View Portfolio

A trusted WHT member for over 7 years!

Excellent review. This is a new company or one I haven't heard of so, it's refreshing to see the first review a good one. Thanks for sharing your experience.
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

Good Luck

Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
    Hi guys..
    Saluto amigo..

Quote Originally Posted by monkuar View Post
    My forums are 24-7gt.com. That is hosted by them. It's wonderful fast/free so far and great uptime and good speeds. Thanks cubicHosting
    I'm so glad to hear that you have found out your best host. Thanks for sharing your experience with them. Keep us updated again please..!
    SYN Gadget (!) Synchronous Gadget
    It's All About Gadget, Gizmo, Hot Tech Stuff and So Many More!
    SYN Gadget is Proudly Hosted by SYN Hosting

I'd be interested in your review 6 to 12 months down the line...

Interesting.........
    Last edited by stablehost; 09-02-2009 at 01:30 PM.
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Quote Originally Posted by nerdie View Post
    Interesting.........
    Why you edit your own post?
    SYN Gadget (!) Synchronous Gadget
    It's All About Gadget, Gizmo, Hot Tech Stuff and So Many More!
    SYN Gadget is Proudly Hosted by SYN Hosting

They might be a good host, but fail on the domain name.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

It's wonderful fast/free so far and great uptime and good speeds,
    It a little too early to really judge uptime. Performance may still be at the same level a few months from now, or it may not. Depending on how fast the company fills a server, and the moment you happened to sign-up, it may be that the server is now almost empty, and performance bound to continue getting slightly worse until "server filled" status is given and things settle down.

But it is great that the early signs are good. Beats a rocky start any day.

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    They might be a good host, but fail on the domain name.
    We have been getting a lot of comments on our TLD, but I don't really see what the big deal is. Yes, it's a .org and believe me, we would much rather of a .com or .net but the .com is regged and the owner of the .net, one of our old friends, hasn't been online in a few months and we wanted to get the site out at the start of the summer so went with .org. But will switch over as soon as we get the .net in our possession.

That being said, if there is any non-profit organization called 'Cubic Host' then we will gladly hand over the domain to them.

As per our uptime, only been around for about 3 months and I agree, still to early to tell for any company, we have had a couple instances of one of our servers being down but resolved the issues quickly and hope they are the last of our 'growing pains'. =)

Thanks for the review monkuar.
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

Quote Originally Posted by CubicH-Gray View Post
    We have been getting a lot of comments on our TLD, but I don't really see what the big deal is. Yes, it's a .org and believe me, we would much rather of a .com or .net but the .com is regged and the owner of the .net, one of our old friends, hasn't been online in a few months and we wanted to get the site out at the start of the summer so went with .org. But will switch over as soon as we get the .net in our possession.

That being said, if there is any non-profit organization called 'Cubic Host' then we will gladly hand over the domain to them.

As per our uptime, only been around for about 3 months and I agree, still to early to tell for any company, we have had a couple instances of one of our servers being down but resolved the issues quickly and hope they are the last of our 'growing pains'. =)

Np sir, it's a honor to work with you.

Let's pretend two people are talking:

Jim: I'm trying to find a new host for my website
    Mike: Check out CubicHost, they are great!
    Jim: Thanks! I'll check them out tonight.

Jim goes back to his home computer, types in CubicHost.com, gets the domain holding page.

Jim thinks: Hmmm their website must be messed up, I'll check back later.

Obviously this isn't a big deal if they are coming off search traffic or from a direct link. However, I guarantee you sometime in the future you are going to lose business because of this. It's not a question of if, but when.

If I were you I would be working my butt off to get that .com and try to backorder the domain from a couple registers.

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    Let's pretend two people are talking:

Jim: I'm trying to find a new host for my website
    Mike: Check out CubicHost, they are great!
    Jim: Thanks! I'll check them out tonight.

Jim goes back to his home computer, types in CubicHost.com, gets the domain holding page.

Jim thinks: Hmmm their website must be messed up, I'll check back later.

Obviously this isn't a big deal if they are coming off search traffic or from a direct link. However, I guarantee you sometime in the future you are going to lose business because of this. It's not a question of if, but when.

If I were you I would be working my butt off to get that .com and try to backorder the domain from a couple registers.
    As a domaineer for 5 years I agree with dbbrock.

Either get the .com or change the name because you are guaranteed not only to lose lots of traffic not using the .com but the value of your company.

Well im glad I found it.. Pore cubic.. it's ok i'll be there for you

I will admit that when I saw the name CubicHost I did go to CubicHost.com to see what they offered and then came back to this thread so the advice that others have given you before me is probably well worth following.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    I will admit that when I saw the name CubicHost I did go to CubicHost.com to see what they offered and then came back to this thread so the advice that others have given you before me is probably well worth following.
    Same here. a .org does not do well for web presence, so hopefully you will get the .net or even the .com soon.

i would like to hear a review after another month. this company seems new.

Quote Originally Posted by syngadget View Post
    Why you edit your own post?
    i agree, can't find his domain he cited now(as was quoted by others from a sentence now erased)... makes me wonder why he edited it out. have to be careful of fake reviews. I'm a bit skeptical now. 10 post user with a live link to a web host I've never heard of with a "WOW! CubicHost.org is Great"

notice it's a .org and he keeps using live links within his post and name the .org part... sounds a little too corny....

Yea, you guys are right. It will eventually hurt us if we stick with the .org. As I said before, we would love to have the .com but it's not owned by anyone affiliated with us. We technically own the .net but the owner of it, who use to work with us has unfortunately gone AWOL. But as we grow and generate larger revenue, we should be able to afford the .com. If worse comes to worse we will have to stick with the .org or rebrand I guess, but much rather not go down that path.

If we are losing potential customers then that is our fault but to be honest there is nothing much we can do, you have to understand we are in a tough position with regards to the domain and if I foresaw this TLD issue, we wouldn't have launched under CubicHost.org.

And though I won't post my clients URL he has with us, I can confirm this is a legit client and not me on another account. He made this thread yesterday and as you can see he is asking about our services which he found in the web hosting offers board. Yea the review does sound a bit scripted I guess, but thats just his personality as I have come to find with talking to him. A very generous, upbeat man.

Thank you guys for your concern with my company's future.
    Last edited by CubicH-Gray; 09-02-2009 at 10:28 PM.
    //CubicHost.org

Yea, you guys are right. It will eventually hurt us if we stick with the .org. As I said before, we would love to have the .com but it's not owned by anyone affiliated with us. We technically own the .net but the owner of it, who use to work with us has unfortunately gone AWOL. But as we grow and generate larger revenue, we should be able to afford the .com. If worse comes to worse we will have to stick with the .org or rebrand I guess, but much rather not go down that path.

If we are losing potential customers then that is our fault but to be honest there is nothing much we can do, you have to understand we are in a tough position with regards to the domain and if I foresaw this TLD issue, we wouldn't have launched under CubicHost.org.

And though I won't post my clients URL he has with us, I can confirm this is a legit client and not me on another account. He made this thread yesterday and as you can see he is asking about our services which he found in the web hosting offers board. Yea the review does sound a bit scripted I guess, but thats just his personality as I have come to find with talking to him. A very generous, upbeat man.

Thank you guys for your concern with my company's future.
    Just try to snap the .com up, and be careful what sucks is as your company grows the guy owning the .com may want to charge more. So try to get it earlier on before that becomes an issue, or else you may have to resort to legal measures (copyright/trademark the name and fight him on domain squatting). Good luck.

Also, thanks for the confirmation. Appreciate it.

Yea you make a good point. CubicHost.com use to be a webhost a few years ago but it obviously didn't work out. I have to be careful of two things. First, he doesn't re launch his site, copyright the name, forcing us to rebrand. And as you stated, he will most likely raise the price the longer we have been around/bigger we become knowing there is a very high chance we will pay whatever it takes to get it as it will affect our business not having it.

Hopefully we can negotiate a fair sale. I'm going to contact the owner again and see if its any cheaper than last time I checked.

But for now, .org will have to do.
    //CubicHost.org

Yea you make a good point. CubicHost.com use to be a webhost a few years ago but it obviously didn't work out. I have to be careful of two things. First, he doesn't re launch his site, copyright the name, forcing us to rebrand. And as you stated, he will most likely raise the price the longer we have been around/bigger we become knowing there is a very high chance we will pay whatever it takes to get it as it will affect our business not having it.

Hopefully we can negotiate a fair sale. I'm going to contact the owner again and see if its any cheaper than last time I checked.

But for now, .org will have to do.
    He almost certainly would take advantage of it, if you build up your site. If he is offering anything reasonable, you may want to take him up on it before someone else does (which he may start to get more offers if you expand). Depends on your cashflow, but it may be a problem you want to nip in the bud. It really hurts to start up with someone owning the .com of your site, I've been there and the fight got so ugly I had to change my domain altogether to avoid losing business for the long run.

wao.......sound interesting to me.. i am also looking for some good service like this. i think i have to look on it. thanks pal

I'm currently hosted with them and it's been a good experience so far. Ordered one of their dedicated server and it's been minimal downtown since the start of August (only 1 month) aside from a routing issue the DC had and my own blunders.

I will certainly give a review in a few months regarding how downtime has been and such. I can let a moderator know what my site is to verify. I've never been happier.

I can let a moderator know what my site is to verify.
    Please do so. You can send it to the moderating team via http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=6374851

Sent.

I had a rough start because I wanted to compile/install stuff myself but I realized how bad using cpanel/whm through my old host gave a different perspective on things. They helped me out when I had trouble and aside from my own blunders, had maybe 1 hour downtime through DC issues in ~28 days.

Sent.
    Thank you for your cooperation! Judging by the IP, you're indeed hosted by CH.

May your good hosting experience continue!

Exclamation

We have been getting a lot of comments on our TLD, but I don't really see what the big deal is.
    With all due respect, it is a big deal, you should listen all those comments.

Putting myself in the buyer's shoes it creates uncertainly, confusion and doubts in their mind when they see .org TLD without a cause running as a business. Especially when they see the .com TLD is for sale. You are either a business or a charity and need to distinguish yourself. For a savvy prospect who knows how to google it raises red flags.

Well the domain is only 3 months old, and I guess the business name has been in existence for a bout the same period, so why don't you just change to a new business name and domain name and carry giving good service like you are doing for Monkuar? I do recall a Cubic Hosting somewhere before, so maybe they have left over baggage.

Now putting myself in your shoes as a business owner, you must be aware you are already losing traffic/sales to someone else's holding page. It just does make business sense to do that when you have a good product.

Monkuar is happy even though he found you by .org, but will others find you as easily, and will they be prepared to hand their credit card over to a non profit? More importantly, will you lose the big fish off the hook your organization/business failed the prospect's due diligence? You may never know. The domain name is a big deal, trust me. If you do decide to re-register, research the available TLDs around it and register them all, and redirect them to your .com.

Please take this advice in the spirit it is intended between colleagues. I would be interested what other older head think.

--Michael
    Last edited by HostYourIdea; 09-04-2009 at 09:52 PM. Reason: typos

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post
    With all due respect, it is a big deal, you should listen all those comments.

Putting myself in the buyer's shoes it creates uncertainly, confusion and doubts in their mind when they see .org TLD without a cause running as a business. Especially when they see the .com TLD is for sale. You are either a business or a charity and need to distinguish yourself. For a savvy prospect who knows how to google it raises red flags.

Well the domain is only 3 months old, and I guess the business name has been in existence for a bout the same period, so why don't you just change to a new business name and domain name and carry giving good service like you are doing for Monkuar? I do recall a Cubic Hosting somewhere before, so maybe they have left over baggage.

Now putting myself in your shoes as a business owner, you must be aware you are already losing traffic/sales to someone else's holding page. It just does make business sense to do that when you have a good product.

Monkuar is happy even though he found you by .org, but will others find you as easily, and will they be prepared to hand their credit card over to a non profit? More importantly, will you lose the big fish off the hook your organization/business failed the prospect's due diligence? You may never know. The domain name is a big deal, trust me. If you do decide to re-register, research the available TLDs around it and register them all, and redirect them to your .com.

Please take this advice in the spirit it is intended between colleagues. I would be interested what other older head think.

--Michael
    Thank you for your response Michael. As I stated in previous replies in this thread, rebranding is the last course of action we would like to take but do recognize the potential this has to grow into a serious business problem. We are currently trying to get back in contact with the owner the .com TLD to see if we can buy it off him at a reasonable price. If not, we will try to locate our friend who currently owns the .net but hasn't been online in a while.

We worked really hard to get to where we are now, and I feel like rebranding will be throwing a lot of that hard work away. We have many positive reviews under the name CubicHost.org, a lot of clients from word-of-mouth, and have been around for 3 months.

If we did rebrand, I don't know if it would be acceptable to say we were established 3 months ago under a different name and we are back facing the same issue we did 3 months ago, getting clients to trust us and take us seriously as a brand new host. Maybe it would be because we have a legitimate reason unlike some newer companies that will rebrand due to a surplus of negative reviews or to start afresh with an untarnished reputation.

It's a tough situation but I am open to opinions on it.
    //CubicHost.org

If you rebrand, I think it's quite acceptable to state you were trading for 3 months under a different name, but rebranded due to TLD reasons. This only further reinforces your position as an established hosting provider, and people are still able to see and correlate the positive feedback you received under the previous name, but attribute it to your "new" company.

Then you could simply forward cubichost.org (and .net) to your new domain, thus keeping everything together.

Best of luck with things.

Hi CubicH-Gray,

Yeah I was mulling over my post while others were responding to it without seeing the other threads until I had posted. Anyway it's confirmation of your issue.

I will PM you some thoughts tomorrow.

--Michael
    Last edited by HostYourIdea; 09-04-2009 at 11:20 PM. Reason: late night typos

I would at least get some that are close, for instance these are available: cubicwebhost.com cubichosts.com
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

We worked really hard to get to where we are now, and I feel like rebranding will be throwing a lot of that hard work away. We have many positive reviews under the name CubicHost.org, a lot of clients from word-of-mouth, and have been around for 3 months.

If we did rebrand, I don't know if it would be acceptable to say we were established 3 months ago under a different name and we are back facing the same issue we did 3 months ago,

It's a tough situation but I am open to opinions on it.
    Dude three months is nothing. I had to rebrand 1.5 years into my hosting company and I had already been plugged on national television with that company name. I got over it. A minor setback but nothing too crazy.

Plus, it only takes a few seconds to inform your current clients of the name change

Yes, it may be worth rebranding just to aquire a .com domain. 3 months of establishment versus .com domain.......

.org is not going to do you justice, as we all know.

hi,

the server has been down for over a week now. the server will be down for atleast another 1-2 weeks.

does anyone plan to re-evaluate how good of a host this is?

additionally cubichost is rebranding to serverhitch.com just as an fyi. it might be best to stay away from them as well.

thanks,
    kevin
    Last edited by hostydotnet; 11-24-2009 at 05:36 PM.
    <<Please see rules for signature setup.>>

It's pretty much a joke that your asking clients for donations. Seriously? Your suppose to be a professional business yet your asking clients for donations. 2 weeks downtime is a whole lot of time, you should have had a back up source of everything. You'll be lucky if clients stick with you.

Nice

Good review, Hope you have the best of luck with them. <<Before I read the other replys >>>After ...wow
    Crazy Hosting Deals.
    ((http://www.crazedhosting.com))

This thread is so very ironic.
    The Simple Host Ltd - Premium Quality European Web Hosting - Uptime Stats
    Shared, Reseller, VPS & Dedicated Hosting
    15-Day Money Back Guarantee, Nightly Backups, Installatron, Softaculous, RVSiteBuilder PRO, Instant Setup - All as standard!
    Call (+44) 0845 300 9066 for more information.

Quote Originally Posted by TSH-Nathan View Post
    This thread is so very ironic.
    Isn't it a little suspicious that the OP is temporarily suspended?

Or am I just paranoid?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast