Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Shocking service. Please advice (Relichost)

I have a reseller account at Relichost. I used to have issues with them quite often, but couple of days ago something weird happened and now I just don't know what to do.

As I am a reseller, I have my own clients, only few of them, but very important for my business. One of them hosts Barclays Payment Gateway on it's subdomain. 3 days ago this subdomain disappeared. I contacted technical support straight away, and they told me that they 'are still working on the restoration process'. Of course no one notified us about any issues with their servers, they were hoping that the clients won't discover this. But OK, they promised that it will take couple of hours. This was more than 72 hours ago.

Every day they say - 'It will be completed within 5-6 hours'.

I already purchased hosting in Hawkhost yesterday and transfered all data there. BUT! Relichost doesn't want to release my domain (I am changing the registrar). It is on hold or locked and they can't resolve this for 2 days already.

My clients are going crazy because their eshop doesn't accept payments, Relichost ignores me...

Is there anything that I can do? Is there a 'top' Registrar, which can help me to unlock the domain?

How old is the domain? It could be too new to transfer away.

About a year, and I have never transferred it before.

Quote Originally Posted by pitz View Post
    I have a reseller account at Relichost. I used to have issues with them quite often, but couple of days ago something weird happened and now I just don't know what to do.

As I am a reseller, I have my own clients, only few of them, but very important for my business. One of them hosts Barclays Payment Gateway on it's subdomain. 3 days ago this subdomain disappeared. I contacted technical support straight away, and they told me that they 'are still working on the restoration process'. Of course no one notified us about any issues with their servers, they were hoping that the clients won't discover this. But OK, they promised that it will take couple of hours. This was more than 72 hours ago.

Every day they say - 'It will be completed within 5-6 hours'.

I already purchased hosting in Hawkhost yesterday and transfered all data there. BUT! Relichost doesn't want to release my domain (I am changing the registrar). It is on hold or locked and they can't resolve this for 2 days already.

My clients are going crazy because their eshop doesn't accept payments, Relichost ignores me...

Is there anything that I can do? Is there a 'top' Registrar, which can help me to unlock the domain?
    What is the domain name?

It's plan5.net

Domain is with enom.
    You should contact them and they will sort it out for you.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

Thanks, ZanyHost, I emailed their technical support!

Thanks, ZanyHost, I emailed their technical support!
    May want to sign up for a free eNom account.. Then ask your host to push the domain to your username.. Move is instant and free..

just another example that you shouldn't get an important domain with a host - if they offer you a free domain, make it an unimportant one so that you don't have problems like this

good luck getting the domain back - if the whois info is yours, you shouldn't have too hard of a time to get full control of it again through enom.

Sorry about your experience with them, I never heard about them before but like most people, I am sure you never heard of us either. Hope your new host is better and you resolve the issue with your domain.

Thanks everyone for the support! Relichost released the lock just now (I think eNom support contacted them). Now they have to confirm the transfer and it will be done!

I will keep you posting on this issue.

Thanks everyone for the support! Relichost released the lock just now (I think eNom support contacted them). Now they have to confirm the transfer and it will be done!

I will keep you posting on this issue.
    Sounds like a happy ending. I love a happy ending!
    Everyone is entitled to MY opinion.
    CatfishEd.com

Your best bet is to register domains with an independent registrar. My two favorite registrars are name.com, and domainsite.com (Both owned by the same people). For this situation, all I can say is good luck battling it out. =/

I will keep you posted on this issue.
    That's great. It does help to have a different web hosting company contact them on your behalf sometimes to get the transfer going, sometimes the web host will do all the transferring work for you (even dealing with the other company's customer support). You probably won't run into future problems though.

I had to register here, to give my views on RelicHost too - They suffered a major server failure, the hard drive became corrupt and they had to restore the data manually.

Mind you - It took me 6 days to get this answer out of them.

Their restoration process took over a week - with my business being unavailable the entire time. They were negligent on specific questions that I needed answered asap.

For instance, one of my clients holds a domain external from Relic Host. I had asked that if Relic plan on using a different server, I would need to be informed ASAP, so I can update the DNS for that domain. 3 Days go by, and after 5 or 6 support tickets, they say "I've looked into this problem extensively for you, you will need to update your nameservers...". Great - the request to change the DNS unfortunately takes us 5 days due to the management company! Thanks Relic Host another 5 days downtime.

I'm a web developer, and I used to be able to trust RelicHost. Unfortunately their service has gone down hill this last few months - It's embarrassing for me - I've lost the best part of two weeks work due to Relic's incompetence. Their support has no idea what's going on, and are unresponsive at best. There is no phone support, so you can't actually contact anyone to get any answers out of them.

Many of my clients are looking else where for hosting, I can't blame them.

RelicHost is one to avoid.

Exclamation

I managed to change the registrar. It took almost a week. Last couple of days I was explaining Relichost techinical support how to do a transfer. I had to contact GoDaddy (my registrar) and eNom (Relichost registrar) and ask for help. eNom never replied, GoDaddy explained everything very well - I forwarded this info to Relichost.

Mr. Andrew from Relichost support told me twice, that they can't do anything, they don't have an option to accept the transfer. After 2 days and my numerous attempts to explain him what to do he accepted the transfer. This is absolutely shocking.

ONE OTHER THING

I would recommend all Relichost customers to backup their data immediately. Not me nor my clients can't access client area (https://relichost.net/manage/clientarea.php) anymore. It just says 'License Validation Failed'. Today I am finishing transfer of 3 of my 7 websites. Hope no data will be lost.

Do you think it is possible to sue Relichost? First of all they promise 99% uptime, second - client area is down, so I can't even contact their support. Third - my 3 websites are still unavailable (more than a week)!

Thanks for the advice Pitz - I usually do a monthly backup myself, but I'll get on and make sure to get them all today.

I'm not entirely sure about suing, I'm sure they have some clause which promises 99% uptime, but downtime excludes: scheduled maintenance, network outages, hardware failures and software trouble.

I understand that hardware failure happens sometimes, and I can accept it. What I can't accept is the slow restoration (over 7 days!), unresponsive support (I waited 14 hours for a response) - and to be quite frank - support that isn't actually qualified to answer questions.

I would suggest everyone who suffers from RelicHost to write a review at http://www.webhostingstuff.com/revie...stHosting.html

UPDATE: It may sound funny, but my website is still down - for more than 2 weeks already.

Confirm that after two weeks and virtually no information from the technical support, our websites are also still off-line

PM me, I have seen somebody trying to organize a class action against this company

There's no way it can take over 7 days to restore the data, we're able to do it in a few hours using R1Soft so unless they're restoring TBs of data over an extremely slow connection then it sounds like something else is going on.

I am in the same boat, my website hosted by Relichost has dissapeared and a week ago was told it would be back within 6 hours - have lost around £1000-£1250 due to this outage.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshHarrisWight View Post
    I am in the same boat, my website hosted by Relichost has dissapeared and a week ago was told it would be back within 6 hours - have lost around £1000-£1250 due to this outage.
    Did you not take regular backups? Why not move to another provider? even if you have to put up a back soon page until they give you back your data.

Two comments I would make:

1) Backup your own stuff. If it is critical to you make regular backups and test from time to time. Any control panel will allow you to do this.

2) Forget the lawsuit. Focus your energy on rebuilding your business.
    CloudNexus Technology Services
    Managed Services

Quote Originally Posted by JoshHarrisWight View Post
    If your business meant so much to you... atleast financially, why didn't you setup a failover process?

Don't blame the entire episode on to your host. Yes, it is definitely their fault. But the fact that you had no backup plan blames you too.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast