* 10tb.com order and billing issues

Just placed an order few hours ago with 10tb.com and I'm starting to have a bad feeling about this. I'm posting this and will keep this updated for people in similar situations.

I mention that I used an epassporte visa card that I have been using successfully for the past year for multiple hosting providers including different VPS providers.

Some time after placing order and receiving notification with reference code, I received an email requesting additional verification procedures.

To prove that you are the credit card holder placing this order, please send the following information to our local fax number. The number is 312-386-1630.

Please send ALL of the following:

1. A scan or photo of the credit card used to place the order, front and back of card.

2. A scan or photo of your valid state, country, or passport ID clearly showing the same name as the credit card used.

3. Your Order ID number or your email address and domain name requested in the order.

If you cannot provide this information we will need you to submit a new order that you can provide this information with.
    Fine, BUT:
    1. This doesn't make sense: It is not possible to provide a scan of credit card used to place the order because the purchase was made with an ePassporte Visa Virtual which is not the same as the physical ATM card provided with this account.
    2. Also I don't own a fax, no matter what card I'm using. Emailed about the possibility of sending a photo copy but did not receive an answer until now.

This could be stated on the site: We only accept customers that own a fax.

Tried placing order again being very careful with punctuation in address and first name separator and also providing all details as filled with epassporte.

Verifying account balance noticed 2 charges of $224 instead of $204.10 as should have been billed today (used the VIP1 coupon found on forum and that was accepted as valid cuopon).
    First month credit Discount $19.90
    TOTAL CHARGE TODAY: $204.10
    Card Date Description Original
    Currency Amount
    in USD Balance
    Virtual 01 Sep 2009 UNKNOWN $-224.00 $-224.00 Pending
    Virtual 01 Sep 2009 UNKNOWN $-224.00 $-224.00 Pending
    I tried their always online live chat to inquire about crediting back these amounts. Have a daily amount limitation and can't use this card to place orders with another until tomorrow if funds are not credit back today.

First somebody was assigned but then I received an automated looking message stating that their billing department is only available working days 9AM - 5PM GMT-6 or something like that. Looks like they just went home so I have to wait an entire day for an answer.

As I need the server fast to host a big customer that paid in advance for a big plan, I turned back to their verification email and read:
    If you cannot provide this information we will need you to submit a new order that you can provide this information with.
    Ok, I intended to use a card I physically have (but in different currency - additional conversion costs).
    After filling all details I received this message:
    Our system already has your name and contact information. If you are already a customer, please log into <their customers link> to add products to your account.
    Well, surprise! All my cards are issued on my name. And my account is not approved to access it and add new products.

I will updated this for people in similar situations.

You can go to a post office / internet cafe to fax them... Or ask if you can send your info in via email
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

At first datetopia.com I am really sorry to hear about your experience
    as to the fraud issues you have with 10tb.com. I believe that it was a standard post,so their are not changing it each time. Also I believe it should be a problem to go to Internet cafe or to find a fax or scan/printer in the city
    Nowadays companies have a lot of problems with fraud orders, and as you may know, this orders costs a lot to companies. That's why each company is trying to minimized fraud orders.

It is not possible to provide a scan of credit card used to place the order because the purchase was made with an ePassporte Visa Virtual which is not the same as the physical ATM card provided with this account.

The card used doesn't physically exist, it's virtual. That's how epassporte works, with 2 cards: physical one for ATM use and another one (virtual) for online purchases.

Are you saying your card has already been charged and they are still asking for proof of ownership i.e. photo id and scans of the cc?
    If that is the case then their request is very strange, if they want to protect themselves against fraud why are they charging the card without the proof? It defeats the object of having this type of fraud screening in place..

Ditlev frequents this forum drop him a PM or an email.
    Coreix™ | your solution™ www.coreix.net - 08000226734 - ISO27001 Certified
    Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Secure Cages - Enterprise & Managed Solutions - Clustering - LoadBalancing - High Availability - Hosted Exchange 2007
    NEW Tier III London DC with power sourced from 100% renewable sources, N+N UPS, N+1 Chillers and CRAC units, Mist Fire Suppression, Biometric and Man Trap security to all data areas

datetopia.com,

I sincerely apologize for the trouble you're having. Unfortunately, we just can not accept a virtual credit card. We've tried this in the past, and it just doesn't work out.

We do accept Paypal though, would you consider that?

The charges on your card are temporary and won't be captured (pre-auth only).

Would you mind PMing me your Order Number or e-mail address that you used to sign up? I'll take a look at your order and see what we can do to make this happen.

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    Sr. Technical Engineer - US Operations
    UK2Group.com
    midPhase | AN Hosting | WestHost | 10TB | Resell.biz

Didn't know about the virtual card policy. Would have used the physical card (in different currency) at least for first month and approval.
    Did not expect this because I currently use epassporte successfully for Influxis, KnownHost, AptHost, Micfo, ResellerZoom.

Charges are temporary (show as Pending). They affect balance and daily transfer while there. Hopefully one will be approved and the other reverted.

Sent order reference numbers by PM.

If approval is not possible I would be happy with a paypal payment address or current orders removed from system to attempt to place a new one with the physical card (as currently that is not possible because card holder is already registerd in system).

Quote Originally Posted by datetopia.com View Post
    Didn't know about the virtual card policy. Would have used the physical card (in different currency) at least for first month and approval.
    Did not expect this because I currently use epassporte successfully for Influxis, KnownHost, AptHost, Micfo, ResellerZoom.

Charges are temporary (show as Pending). They affect balance and daily transfer while there. Hopefully one will be approved and the other reverted.

Sent order reference numbers by PM.

If approval is not possible I would be happy with a paypal payment address or current orders removed from system to attempt to place a new one with the physical card (as currently that is not possible because card holder is already registerd in system).
    Thanks! I got your information and forwarded it on to Jasmin Messenger, our Billing Manager. She stated that she's already responded to your ticket.

We'll do whatever it takes to make this work, sorry for the blip!

Marc
    Marc Bollinger
    Sr. Technical Engineer - US Operations
    UK2Group.com
    midPhase | AN Hosting | WestHost | 10TB | Resell.biz

The 2 orders got deleted. Also charges were deleted.

Placed another order with a physical local card but received same verification email. Made photos of card and driver license (front and back) and sent these by email as Jasmin asked. Also included the ePassporte ATM card to prove account holder name (maybe this helps get the epassporte payments approved for future billings if order is accepted).

you can take a screenshot of your online bank statement with your credit/debit card showing that you recently just payed 10tb for a server with the exact price on your purchase

Account has been approved (photos of ID and cards sent by email did the job). Waiting for the server.

It's very late here so probably tomorrow when I get back it could be ready.

10tb should state on their website if they don't accept virtual credit cards. They should also setup an email address for people to send in the scans for people that don't have a fax. FAX is so so old school 10tb.

Follow up:
    Server is up and running. As estimated, took less than 24h (around 20h) for setup.

Quote Originally Posted by datetopia.com View Post
    Follow up:
    Server is up and running. As estimated, took less than 24h (around 20h) for setup.
    good that your problem has been resloved in timely manner
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting • R1 Soft • Offsite-Backup • Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

Update:
    1. After approval process, I have 2 charges on my approved credit card since order approval date. Each charge is for an USD equivalent of order amount. There should be only one charge. Contacted billing department for details about this.

2. Only installed and using Red5 on this server.
    I did not start setting up web hosting accounts for customers on this server because name servers are not setup on the domain included with the order. The name servers were listed fine on order details but were not setup that way with server.

Sent multiple inquiries about this but at this moment it's not working.

Received allocated IPs very fast and notification that parties involved were notified to do required domain changes but that was 2 days ago.
    Since then 3 different persons answered to the tickets with advice.

That included a tutorial for name server setup starting with domain control panel (I don't have access to that as that's registered by Midphase - 10tb), opening a port for TCP and UDP, changing hostname to the domain that's not yet pointed (which also resulted in several warnings about cpanel SSL certificates).

Question: Shouldn't seller setup all services and components included and advertised to be provided with a server?

Update:
    Only 1 charge confirmed - the other one will expire or I can check with bank.
    Domain was configured.

Things look good now.