Low Cost SSL Certificates to Resell?

Hello,
    I am wanting to start offering a free SSL Certificate (and dedicated IP Address of course) with all of my top tiered plans. What would be the most cost effective way to accomplish this?
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

I know if you have a Enom reseller account you can get GeoTrust's RapidSSL certs for as low as $9.95 per year. That's the cheapest that I've seen to be honest.

Take a look at Namecheap. They are giving them away with every domain purchase.
    Check out my new Chrome Extension - Server Admin Tool
    frustratedtech.com - Helpful Server Tech Advice

Thanks All, I looked at enom and that may be my best option because of the WHMCS Intergration
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    I know if you have a Enom reseller account you can get GeoTrust's RapidSSL certs for as low as $9.95 per year. That's the cheapest that I've seen to be honest.
    Whoa good find! I am going to have to add that into my newsletter.

Definitely a good way to make a little extra money on the side, especially if you are heavily into e-commerce hosting
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

Some companies could offer you free comodo SSL's - can't get any cheaper than that.

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima VPS View Post
    Some companies could offer you free comodo SSL's - can't get any cheaper than that.
    Hello,
    The problem is that I want to make these available to my customers. Is this possible for free?
    Keith I Myers

There is no warranty with the RapidSSL. The next level is 69.95 for the QuickSSL. I pay 22.50 for GoDaddy Starfield Standard Turbo SSL, which comes with warranty to give you a shopping comparison.
    Last edited by Collabora; 09-02-2009 at 01:16 AM.

Resellone provides Rapidssl for $10 Also Resellerclub provide Thawte SSL123 for $25
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo

Cheapest I have seen is enom rapidssl $9/yr
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Quote Originally Posted by Collabora View Post
    There is no warranty with the RapidSSL. The next level is 69.95 for the QuickSSL. I pay 22.50 for GoDaddy Starfield Standard Turbo SSL, which comes with warranty to give you a shopping comparison.
    You're wrong. RapidSSL has a $10k warranty.
    http://www.rapidssl.com/ssl-certific...ssl-faq.htm#12
    InnoHosting, Performance Web Hosting || US: 1-888-522-INNO UK: 0800 612 8075
    Web Hosting - Virtual Servers - Managed Servers - Application Hosting
    Reseller Hosting with WHMCS & Preloaded KB | SSL | activGuard | End User Support
    LiteSpeed / CloudLinux / Idera Backups / True 24x7 Support / 10+ Years in Business

It does come with a warranty but its smokes a mirrors. It for the customer and it is never used.

Quote Originally Posted by KDisk View Post
    Hello,
    The problem is that I want to make these available to my customers. Is this possible for free?
    Yes but its only in the UK and you would need to get a dedicated server I believe.

Yes but its only in the UK and you would need to get a dedicated server I believe.
    Hello,
    I do run dedicated, but have no intention of switching customers.
    Keith I Myers

I recommend you check out SSLReseller (http://www.sslreseller.com).

They have a special partnership with GlobalSign so offer really decent priced certificates.

I've been using them for a while now and not had any problems. Plus I've been informed by one of the staff there that within the next week or two they'll have their own API system set up with modules for WHMCS and AWBS which is handy.

I would recommend enom, as that is what we currently use. WHMCS makes the configuration of the SSL easy which is less work for you. Their prices are also reasonable, for a RapidSSL I think we are charged $9.95 but when you do the pricing do count for their 3% charge if you pay by PayPal or a Credit Card.

You can also incorporate the cost of these SSL certificates within the prices that you charge.

Quote Originally Posted by IH-Rameen View Post
    You're wrong. RapidSSL has a $10k warranty.
    http://www.rapidssl.com/ssl-certific...ssl-faq.htm#12
    Ineresting. If you go to enom site is shows it does not:
    http://www.enom.com/secure/geotrust-...tificates.aspx
    click compare

Ineresting. If you go to enom site is shows it does not:
    http://www.enom.com/secure/geotrust-...tificates.aspx
    click compare
    I believe it does say it on enom's website you just need to look for it. I remember seeing it on both Rapid SSL's website and enom. I am going to login and see if I can show you where it is.

I did not know where to upload the file so please don't take this as self-promotion but here is a pic from enoms website saying that RapidSSL has a 10K warranty.

http://gigeweb.com/sslpic/enom%20ssl%20warranty.jpg

It does come with a warranty but its smokes a mirrors. It for the customer and it is never used.
    This is true, but so is the whole idea behind an ssl. Its just to make the customer feel better shopping at one's site.

There is only one important criteria in the real world when it comes to picking certs. Which one passes muster on the most browsers for the least money. Browsers don't check warranties, and neither do most users. But, they get real concerned if a warning comes up.

On that criteria, between RapidSSL and Godaddy, it's RapidSSL hands down.

In addition, RapidSSL phone support is *excellent*.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    There is only one important criteria in the real world when it comes to picking certs. Which one passes muster on the most browsers for the least money. Browsers don't check warranties, and neither do most users. But, they get real concerned if a warning comes up.

Great to Hear,
    I have re-thought and I am going to offer the RapidSSL from NameCheap, This works even better because they have a WHMCS Module.
    Keith I Myers

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post

Very true, you'll find that GlobalSign offers the most browser awareness the same as VeriSign.

Remember that VeriSign is the oldest root, and GlobalSign is the second, and they are a lot less to purcahse too (GS ones), you could take al ook at sslreseller that was mentioned before for resellers.

Chris
    NetEarth One
    ICANN Accredited Registrar, http://reseller.netearthone.com
    SSLReseller - WHMCS SSL module now released into BETA www.sslreseller.com
    Full UK support, 7 days a week 365 days a year!

GlobalSign and WHMCS

Remember that CHEEP is not always what has the cheapest price tag up front. We all know from cellphones that the added service fees can be killer. With domain names one of the big things to consider is added cost of domain privacy. With SSL Certs a big unexpected cost can be reissuing costs. Rapid SSL charges extra for this option last time I looked. It may not seem like a big issue at first but I can guarantee you if you are a reseller and your upstream host changed server ip's on you and you had to have all your certs re-issued your clients would not be happy with extra charges, nor would you.

GlobalSign offers free re-issues and on some of the certs they include both the www.yourdomain.com and yourdomain.com in the basic price. This alone can be a big saver for client confusion around proper practices with the www subdomain prefix.

As of February 2010 GlobalSign has made an automated module available for SSL ordering and configuration within WHMCS.

http://wiki.whmcs.com/GlobalSign_SSL

And until May 31 2010 they are offering new WHMCS resellers FREE GlobalSign Reseller Account, a free certificate for your hosting site, $10.00 intro offer, and of course FULL WHMCS integration and automated installation reducing your SSL support burden.

Bonus Draw for an Apple iPad!

http://www.globalsign.com/partners/whmcs/