Results 1 to 30 of 30
  1. #1

    Quality Non Oversold UK Shared Hosting

    Please don't tell me to check the offers section because i have already done that. I'm looking for a fast and reliable uk host, not interested in unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwith and unlimited problems.

    My budget is $10, i heard good things about geeksrv.net and ifuehosting.com
    Any other UK host you would recommend?
    Any experience with those 2 hosts i mentioned?

    Thanks

  2. #2
    Looks really fishy

    Have a look @ webhostchat.co.uk anyway

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by marziov View Post
    i heard good things about geeksrv.net and ifuehosting.com
    I've never even heard of them

    hmm...

    geeksrv.net
    ICANN Registrar: ENOM, INC.
    Created: 2009-02-28

    & ifuehosting.com
    Domain Status: Never Registered Before maybe it's ifuse....
    Error Message
    Domain or IP Address Not Found


    maybe that's why.

    owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 09-01-2009 at 06:49 PM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, ON
    Posts
    385
    I imagine it is ifusehosting.com

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Toronto, Canada
    Posts
    2,570
    You could give innohosting.com a try. They offer services in the US and the UK and holds a solid reputation here at WHT.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    Quote Originally Posted by marziov View Post
    Please don't tell me to check the offers section because i have already done that. I'm looking for a fast and reliable uk host, not interested in unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwith and unlimited problems.

    My budget is $10, i heard good things about geeksrv.net and ifuehosting.com
    Any other UK host you would recommend?
    Any experience with those 2 hosts i mentioned?

    Thanks
    What kind of site will you be hosting?

    Just as an FYI, the reason you did not find the kind of host you are looking for in the Offers section here is because WHT does not allowe unlimited hosts to advertise.
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Oct 2002
    Location
    EU - east side
    Posts
    21,913
    Just as an FYI, the reason you did not find the kind of host you are looking for in the Offers section here is because WHT does not allowe unlimited hosts to advertise.
    He's not interested in unlimited hosting.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    3,102
    Oooohhhhh, wow. Now I feel dumb. Well, then I'm actually surprised you didn't find something to fit your needs in the Offers section, marziov. What didn't you like about the hosts there?
    Daniel B., CEO - Bezoka.com and Ungigs.com
    Hosting Solutions Optimized for: WordPress Joomla OpenCart Moodle
    Data Centers in: Chicago (US), London (UK), Sydney (AU), Sofia (BG), Pori (FI)
    Email Daniel directly: ceo [at] bezoka.com

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Posts
    115
    Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    You could give innohosting.com a try. They offer services in the US and the UK and holds a solid reputation here at WHT.
    Another thumbs up here for InnoHosting!

    They actually provide UK/US Services so its either of a choice. Contact IH-Rameen on this forum.. He should help you out surely

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Dec 2007
    Location
    England
    Posts
    60

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Jun 2004
    Location
    London, ON
    Posts
    385
    Quote Originally Posted by SAWChris View Post
    I would recommend GeekSRV or iFuseHosting, I would recommend others but I cannot think of them at the moment.
    Why would you recommend them? What are your experiences with them both?

  12. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by The Stealthy One View Post
    What kind of site will you be hosting?
    Basically a blog but i'm considering adding a membership script so maybe it will require additional databases.

    Sorry i typed the wrong domain, it's ifusehosting.com

    I've been with Doreo.com in the past, very good shared hosting but i don't know why their server wasn't able to send emails to one of the major italian ISP. Probably this isn't Doreo's fault but it's inacceptable for me, my target are italians and not being able to send an email to one of the major ISP is like an American who can't send emails to AOL.

    Yesterday with a friend we've tested geeksrv support, i don't know if Ed is a bot but he answered my questions in 3 minutes!!!
    (hey Ed it's Frederick here )

    Actually i'm 60% for geeksrv and 40% ifusehosting because in the ifusehosting website if you try to see the server status it returs an error page which isn't encouraging.

    I will check innohosting too

    thanks

  13. #13
    I suppose what you have now is more then enough and all what you need to have done is just doing the research for the reviews of given web hosting companies.
    Good luck with your research

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    London/Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    I've never even heard of them
    Just because you've your not up to date with the latest startups doesn't mean that anything is wrong with them
    Ed has been quite active on WHT and over at WHC. He also runs a tight ship.
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    4,033
    Another UK provider that you may want to into is EZPZHosting.
    Since your target audience are from Italy, why don't you go with Italian provider instead?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

    Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Jul 2005
    Location
    Edinburgh
    Posts
    3,878
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
    Just because you've your not up to date with the latest startups doesn't mean that anything is wrong with them
    Ed has been quite active on WHT and over at WHC. He also runs a tight ship.
    you're from my neck of the woods and I've never heard of you, even though home street's a 10 minutes walk away from me. I know the building you're in though...and good luck. I might nip in for a coffee sometime.

    good luck Ed and if he runs a tight ship there's every chance he'll be a success.

    EZPZHosting is a company I've heard of and aree with the comment in the post above.

    owm
    Last edited by Outlaw Web Master; 09-02-2009 at 05:49 AM.
    ()
    Life's what you make it.

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    London/Edinburgh
    Posts
    1,131
    Quote Originally Posted by Outlaw Web Master View Post
    you're from my neck of the woods and I've never heard of you, even though home street's a 10 minutes walk away from me
    You've already shown your lack of local business knowledge so no need to continue mentioning it
    Feel free to drop me a PM if you want to go for a coffee or hunting for Americans (Boycott Scotland thread)
    Europhase UK Limited - XEN/OpenVZ UK/US Virtual Private Servers | R1Soft Backups for Web Hosts
    Custom R1Soft Backups | UK/US Web Hosting | UK/US Virtual Private Servers
    99.9% Uptime SLA | Non Overloaded Service | Guaranteed Ram / Resources
    Company: SC345142 VAT: GB-947754180 Tel: 0870 4710 895

  18. #18
    Join Date
    Feb 2003
    Posts
    286
    I would recommend united-hosting.co.uk - I hosted a website with them until recently, excellent service, speed and reliability.

  19. #19
    Quote Originally Posted by JLHC View Post
    Since your target audience are from Italy, why don't you go with Italian provider instead?
    Good question and the simple answer is that Italian connectivity is overpriced and sucks.
    Actually there's an interesting cloud hosting offer from seeweb.it, but this thing is too new to evaluate and i don't have the time to beta test the service.

  20. #20
    I would also recommend ifusehosting. Their support is amazing and their network/servers always seem very fast.

  21. #21
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by marziov View Post
    Please don't tell me to check the offers section because i have already done that. I'm looking for a fast and reliable uk host, not interested in unlimited disk space, unlimited bandwith and unlimited problems.

    My budget is $10, i heard good things about geeksrv.net and ifuehosting.com
    Any other UK host you would recommend?
    Any experience with those 2 hosts i mentioned?

    Thanks
    BTW its normally not very easy to find UK/Europe based or you can say non-US based hosts here. I started to look for one too and my tragedy was that I needed a Windows one. There were only 3 hosts and i dug them out after a lot of search.

    Ended up signing with HTTPSimple.com, they are also in their beta phase but the guy seemed promising. The other reason maybe that i only found reviews about ifusehosting and for 3,4 consecutive dayas i could not go to their site(maybe the site was down or maybe a problem with my location).

    Anyways the host that i saw with very many good reviews was stablehost German based server and i hated the fact that they didnt provide windows hosting.

  22. #22
    Quote Originally Posted by slyshooter View Post
    The other reason maybe that i only found reviews about ifusehosting and for 3,4 consecutive dayas i could not go to their site(maybe the site was down or maybe a problem with my location).
    Thanks for posting your experience Sly, i will check out stablehost

  23. #23
    Guys i've decided to go with geeksrv.net, the support is truly outstanding.
    I'll keep you updated

  24. #24
    Join Date
    Aug 2000
    Posts
    2,750
    Quote Originally Posted by marziov View Post
    Guys i've decided to go with geeksrv.net, the support is truly outstanding.
    I'll keep you updated
    Thank you

  25. #25
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    969
    Quote Originally Posted by ThomasC View Post
    Just because you've your not up to date with the latest startups doesn't mean that anything is wrong with them
    Ed has been quite active on WHT and over at WHC. He also runs a tight ship.
    Yep, you would think people here would have at least heard of him by now. Anyways OP good luck with your choice!

  26. #26
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    195
    Quote Originally Posted by marziov View Post
    Guys i've decided to go with geeksrv.net, the support is truly outstanding.
    I'll keep you updated
    Glad you have found them to fulfill your expectations.. I see Geeksrv has gained good reputation here and nice to see you are happy with them.

    However, since you had asked for recommendations for anyone who needs another option of a good host who does not oversell and operates their servers from UK, then I would highly recommend webhostuk limited. I have been with them since several months now and have found their servers to be stable and non-overloaded. Support is good and polite when it comes to deal with nagging customers like me

    PS: I believe I had already sent my domain to mods for verification in some of my previous posts, however if it is needed again, you are most welcome to PM me.

  27. #27
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wolves/London
    Posts
    164
    I'd wholeheartedly recommend GeekSRV. Their servers are fast, and the support is very good.

  28. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
    Posts
    44
    Quote Originally Posted by lady2009 View Post
    Glad you have found them to fulfill your expectations.. I see Geeksrv has gained good reputation here and nice to see you are happy with them.

    However, since you had asked for recommendations for anyone who needs another option of a good host who does not oversell and operates their servers from UK, then I would highly recommend webhostuk limited. I have been with them since several months now and have found their servers to be stable and non-overloaded. Support is good and polite when it comes to deal with nagging customers like me

    PS: I believe I had already sent my domain to mods for verification in some of my previous posts, however if it is needed again, you are most welcome to PM me.
    But they only offer annual subscription. which is not generally a good thing.

  29. #29
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    United Kingdom
    Posts
    94
    Thanks for the recommendation lady2009.

    Quote Originally Posted by slyshooter View Post
    But they only offer annual subscription. which is not generally a good thing.
    Slyshooter are you referring to us with the term "they" over here? If so just to let everyone know our shared plans are configured annually however we do offer 30 day full moneyback guarantee.. so even if a client has signed up with any of shared plans and is not satisfied he may request for full refund within 30 days..

  30. #30
    Quote Originally Posted by marziov View Post
    Guys i've decided to go with geeksrv.net, the support is truly outstanding.
    I'll keep you updated
    Have you been satisfied with geeksrv.net?

Similar Threads

  1. $2.00 / month -- shared hosting -- non-oversold!
    By The Stealthy One in forum Shared Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 01-26-2009, 11:03 PM
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-22-2008, 10:30 AM
  3. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 11-13-2008, 09:27 AM
  4. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 09-29-2008, 07:23 PM
  5. HOT!!! Shared Web hosting Low Cost / Not Oversold! 50% OFF
    By ezhostingwizard in forum Shared Hosting Offers
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-26-2008, 02:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •