Threaded View

Download Server VPS Option?

Hello everyone,

What i am after is simple. I currently have an unlimited* (*sigh) account with streamline.net which has been very good to me for 4+ years. However my requirements have now changed and hosting larger files is against the policy of the webhost .

I need a solution which can allow me to host files which are between 100mb and 500mb. This is for a backup solution (700mb-1gb backup nightly) and a map download site for a gameserver. Webhosting will be very limited.

Total Bandwidth: Backup 40gb / month
    Gameserver Files 75gb/ month

Nothing special as you can see but i believe there are cheap VPS' at £5/month? These would be ideal if they are suitable. Can anyone reccomend a cheap VPS host? Im still going to use streamline as my basic webhosting but downgrade my account to a very small package for my personal web use and use the VPS as the fileserver.

The thing is on streamline i had download speeds of 1.3mb/sec (my maximum) all the time and im looking for somthing which can give good download speeds.

Any surggestions?
    Thanks,
    Curver

------------------

I have found a company jshosts.com/vps .html has anyone heared of them or used them? They seem to have a low end VPS package at £49.99 yearly with enough space and bandwidth. The total drive speace needed is only about 6gb and their basic provides 10gb and gives more than enough bandwidth.

Or annother alternative: valuevps .co.uk which give the same but slightly less bandwidth but do state higher download speeds. But do offer the installation of free control pannels to help reduce cost.
    Last edited by curver; 09-01-2009 at 04:16 PM.