Does PhotonVPS is honest?

I am very disappointed with the PhotonVPS!
    Simply the server does not have access to the Microsoft Web site.
    How do I install the applications that way!?
    Believe they must be kidding me.
    Several times you asked me the same thing.
    In short: I do not want favors installation. I want immediate access to Microsoft sites.

Robson Branco

See the Ticket #145135

If you doubt my words. Ask to see the Ticket #145135 .

Robson Branco

This must be a windows server?

What are you trying to do? Performing a windows update?

We have escalated this issue to our senior technician earlier in the day to see what is going on. In the mean time one of our technician is installing your modules so you can get started. We'll have an update once we have more information. We have emails our SPLA provider + support to see what the issue is. Feel free to contact our support if you require further assistance.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

Yes!
    Do I need to Update, Install IIS,.Net, MSSql Xpress and ASP.net
    Unfortunately the microsoft sites are blocked.

Robson Branco

One feature that I found the responses of PhotonVPS, is that no one signs the messages.

Robson Branco

Microsoft traffic is not blocked since we utilize Windows 2008 activation as well as updates for other VPS. There appears to be a DNS issue which we are looking into.

Please contact support if you want assistance but we already opened a ticket with our SPLA provider where we wont get an update probably the start of business which is about 10 hours from now.
    Psychz Networks - Dedicated Servers, Co-location | PhotonVPS - SSD Cloud | YardVPS - Storage VPS
    True Layer 7 DDoS Mitigation | BGP Optimized by Noction Intelligent Routing | Asia-Pacific Low Latency Routes
    6 Continents - 14 Cities - LAX, DAL, CHI, ASH, LON, AMS, JNB, TPE, TKY, BOM, GRU, BCN, SIN, SYD, ICN, MOS

That's what I put into doubt.
    As can be DNS. Look!

Robson Branco

C:\>ping microsoft.com
    Ping request could not find host microsoft.com. Please check the name and try again.

C:\>ping 207.46.232.182

Pinging 207.46.232.182 with 32 bytes of data:

Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.
    Request timed out.

Ping statistics for 207.46.232.182:
    Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% loss),

Again!

If you doubt my words. Ask to see the Ticket #145135 .

Robson Branco

@Branco

WHT is not really here to act as your medium to communicate with your host. Looks like they are working on your issue why not give them time to resolve them before you come here posting?

Microsoft traffic is not blocked since we utilize Windows 2008 activation as well as updates for other VPS. There appears to be a DNS issue which we are looking into.
    Jim made a reply indicating that the issue is being looked into, perhaps you could give them sometime to resolve it.

Quote Originally Posted by Nnyan View Post
    @Branco

WHT is not really here to act as your medium to communicate with your host. Looks like they are working on your issue why not give them time to resolve them before you come here posting?
    Good timing on our replies

Our level3 technician resolved this issue...

Issue is resolved it appears you did not install any anti-virus after the release of your VPS. You were infected with a malware that prevented you to doing updates / going to www.microsoft.com. It is usually the client's responsibility to do the security on these windows VPS. As of now I am doing the updates for you and shutting down unnecessary services.

@ eSited = )

I always wonder about these "going off half cocked" posts, seems that certain people are quick to anger and accuse (even impinge upon a host's integrity) why very few of them man up and publicly offer an apology.

Greetings,
    First,
    I do not accuse my provider. I'm just questioning.

Only after my post here was that I got an honest answer of the situation. This fact had been ignored on my ticket (open in 02/09/2009 14:32).

Second
    My Price Display public. I believe I do if some of my words are not true.

Third
    I'm not the first to use this channel of communication for questioning. I think this channel is to unite the two parties (the client and supplier).

Robson Branco

My last words.
    I thank the WHT for keeping this channel open.

Thank finally PhotonVPS to solve the problem of access to Microsoft sites.

Robson Branco

"publicly offer an apology."
    I believe I do if some of my words are not true.

If you prove that my words are not true. Believe me, I'm man enough to "publicly offer an apology".

Robson Branco

@Branco

No one is saying NOT to post here. Just give the host some time to address the issue. But besides that you ARE doing more then asking questions.

1. Your post title states that you're not sure if PhotonVPS is honest. That is more then just a simple account/issue question.

2. Just reading this post it's obvious that they have at least responded to your tickets and escalated the issue. Sometimes it takes time to get to the root of an issue (ESPECIALLY if its one caused by the user).

3. They repeatedly asked you to contact their support for help.

At the end your problem had NOTHING to do with PhotonVPS but YOUR actions. That to me is enough to warrant an apology. IF you had just been patient and worked with PhotonVPS you would have resolved your issue without making a fool of yourself in public.

I don't have to prove anything, you own posts are proof enough, the fact that you can't seem to realize that and are looking for some type of "proof" is enough for me. As I think I can predict your response I'm pretty much done here.

@PhotonVPS Good Luck!

I've been with Photon for about four months now, and they're awesome. Have zero complaints... I would recommend them to anyone!