View Poll Results: Would you be interested in any of these semi-dedi plans?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, The first one.

5 12.20%
  • Yes, The second one.

17 41.46%
  • No.

19 46.34%

Hybrid View

* semi dedicated...

I'm just wondering if anyone would be interested in the following semi-dedicated server plans...

20 GB Disk Space
    600 GB Bandwidth
    Ensim or CPanel/Whm (Additional $15/month)
    $80/month

20 GB Disk Space
    200 GB Bandwidth
    Ensim or CPanel/Whm (Additional $15/month)
    $50/month
    Last edited by Steven.C; 11-13-2002 at 08:50 PM.

Could you kindly comment w/ your vote please.

Are these plans actually available now, I would be very interested in the second one.

Steve

Right at this moment they aren't, I put up the poll to see if there would be any general interest...If more than 20 people want the plan then I will make them available to WHT members only when we launch on monday (11/18/20)...If you check back and you see that this poll has reached over 15 answers "Yes" for the plan you want...pm me...There will but limited quantities...
    Last edited by Steven.C; 11-14-2002 at 04:46 PM.
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

This should be in the Advertising Forums. Especially since you are soliciting data with the intent to sell to members.

Sorry, didn't know...could a moderator please move it then (if it violates the rules)...

Anybody else...?

how do you define "semi-dedicated"? And 200GB transfer for a semi-dedicated plan may be way too much overselling!
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

Originally posted by FHDave
    And 200GB transfer for a semi-dedicated plan may be way too much overselling!
    I'm not overselling at all, I'm anticipating full usage of the 200GB & 600GB packages... The prices will probably be $75 & $95, for the promo...

Originally posted by FHDave
    how do you define "semi-dedicated"?
    My definition of Semi-Dedicated would be a reseller account with a lot of resources...

I'm only going to offer this to the first 10 people if there is general interest...and that would be only for people of WHT.

nope, semi-dedicated suck, not to mention that a dedicated server is not much more than your prices.

I'm not overselling at all, I'm anticipating full usage of the 200GB & 600GB packages... The prices will probably be $75 & $95, for the promo...
    Then you are doomed my friend.

Just how many users are you planning to put on these servers? From experience of our own semi-dedicated plans, your servers would be extremely overloaded offering that much bandwidth at such a ridiculously low price.

What spec machines are you intending using?
    Matthew Russell | Namecheap
    Twitter: @mattdrussell

www.easywp.com - True Managed WordPress, made easy

Number of user in a server does not mean anything! I had a client (now my colo client) who is basically using my whole server all by himself. The server itself is quite powerful, a P3/850Mhz with 2GB memory. But yet, I could not add any client on it because the server is maxed out already. Well, with 25 million hits and a really busy forum (sometimes 900 simultaneous users online), the server had its reason to be maxed out.

My point is ... Without a resource allocation guarantee, it does not matter whether you put 5 clients on the server, 10 clients, or even 100 clients, it's still a shared account; each account has a capability to bring down the whole server by consuming all the server resources at the expense of other clients.

And 200-600GB per account? That could be too much for the server to handle. My server above (which is basically a dedicated, not semi-dedicated, for my client) was only pushing around 100-150GB/month (uncompressed, or about 50-60GB with mod_gzip) traffic. No matter how strong your server, if you are hosting dynamic pages and, furthermore, without allocation guarantee/protection don't expect you will be able to allocate 200-600 GB of transfer per account (for static pages, it might be OK, but for that reasn, small dedicated server or even a VPS might be preferable).

Just my two cents
    Fluid Hosting, LLC - Enterprise Cloud Infrastructure: Cloud Shared and Reseller, Cloud VPS, and Cloud Hybrid Server

RedHat Linux 8.0
    Intel Pentium IV 2.0GHz w/512K Cache.
    1GB ECC DDRAM.

Ok, Not calling them semi-dedi plans. I'll just call them reseller plans. What do you think of these?

Disk Space-----Bandwidth-----Promo Price
    1.5 GB----------15 GB------------$14.99
    2 GB-------------20 GB-----------$19.99
    2.5 GB----------25 GB------------$24.99
    3 GB------------30 GB------------$29.99
    5 GB------------50 GB------------$49.99
    10 GB----------100 GB-----------$99.99
    20 GB----------200 GB-----------$199.99

Yes, I know people can go to RS or someother place and get a good dedicated server for $99, but they will not get CPanel/WHM and they will have to manage the servers themself. I am however, grateful for all feedback.

For the 200GB reseller account only 4 people per server.
    For the 100GB reseller account only 8 people per server.
    SeeksAdmin .:. Linux & Windows Server Management
    24/7 Coverage | 30 Day Guarantee | Fast Response Times
    Quality Outsourced Customer Support Services
    █ Drop Me A Line For Special Offers

Of your original plans, I'd be very interested in the second one.