Question Any review for hostso.com ?

Looking for reviews of hostso ( http://www.hostso.com ) if any...

Thank you.
      0 Not allowed!

The domain was apparently for sale at least a couple of years ago: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...26#post4594426

I don't know that I'd trust them or consider them reliable just based upon the registration date.

I also did not find any reviews here on the forums, it looks like a new(ish) provider.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    The domain was apparently for sale at least a couple of years ago: http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showth...26#post4594426
    I saw that. I googled the name before posting the thread.

I guess they are hosted @ ThePlanet.com. Maybe a reseller? Don't know.

Thank you anyway.
    Last edited by Lastbutnotleast; 09-01-2009 at 12:23 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

A red flag is usually selling high amounts of resources at a low price. Right now there is no difference between their basic plan ('Aspire') and their Ultra plan since both are heavily oversold.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    both are heavily oversold
    Do you say that because of the price of the offer or because you know the number of clients of Hostso.com?
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Lastbutnotleast View Post
    I saw that. I googled the name before posting the thread.
    same here. never heard of them .....
    █ All time best VPS Hosting is now more affordable
    █ Compare different VPS hosting Providers
    █ Ultimate place for Top VPS Hosting Comparison
    █ Reviews | Ratings | News | Articles | Forum | Offers
      0 Not allowed!

Do you say that because of the price of the offer or because you know the number of clients of Hostso.com?
    I'm saying that because they will never give you 50GB disk and 150GB BW at CA$1.17/mo, considering it will cost up to $100/mo to provide that service. Since they cannot give you all the resources you paid for with the basic plan, common sense dictates they cannot give you the higher plans as well (400GB disk and 900GB disk respectively), and as such there is little difference between the lower and higher end packages.

This is why you find most larger successful hosts that do oversell (i.e. offer unlimited) have only one package, because if by overselling you cannot deliver what you promise with the low end package, there is no point in having higher end packages that promise even more resources.
      0 Not allowed!

Maybe but HOSTGATOR -for instance- are supposed to oversell and they are great. Great uptime, great speed, good support. And they're supposed to oversell.
    Last edited by Lastbutnotleast; 09-01-2009 at 04:19 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

They became popular because of the most valuable marketing tactic, PPC on google search results page for the most popular keywords for a few months They say that they have over 60.000 clients, i dont think so. I once tried to contact them over a live chat and they gave me automated answers
      0 Not allowed!

I have seen the site before, What amazes me is the price for 50GB.. They must be running some pretty good SATA drivers there
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars
      0 Not allowed!

If that is new web hosting service I assume you will be unable to find any reviews for them
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization
      0 Not allowed!

No reviews for a host doesn't necessarily mean they are dodgy, they could simply be new. However they're offering a lot for a little which is a bit suspicious. Remember if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by hostbite View Post
    They became popular because of the most valuable marketing tactic, PPC on google search results page for the most popular keywords for a few months They say that they have over 60.000 clients, i dont think so. I once tried to contact them over a live chat and they gave me automated answers
    I'm judging from my own experience. HOSTGATOR is a good and reliable hosting company.

But we're here to talk about HOSTSO.com anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by doihaveto View Post
    No reviews for a host doesn't necessarily mean they are dodgy, they could simply be new. However they're offering a lot for a little which is a bit suspicious. Remember if it sounds too good to be true, it probably is.
    You're right. So ???

(so maybe I'm going to give them a try in the near future)
    Last edited by Lastbutnotleast; 09-02-2009 at 12:19 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Well, they may do anything in the background, I actually do use their webhosting, got it like a month ago, and sofar it's just perfect. 100% uptime, fast up and download, the CPanel feature is also good, I actually do not know about the situation at their support, but that's becouse I never had to use it. With CPanel I've got full administration over the site, I use just the Aspire plan, so 2 MySQLs, 40 subdomains, and for now everything works. The site builder feature is also great for those who don't really know how to make own websites. The scripts offered by them are also working, forums, portals, and many other things. My site is krazed-community.com, a gaming community (well lack of members 'cause that 1 month long online time). Well, generally, my opinion about HostSo is, that yes, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants cheap, and good hosting.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Tvsh View Post
    Well, they may do anything in the background, I actually do use their webhosting, got it like a month ago, and sofar it's just perfect. 100% uptime, fast up and download, the CPanel feature is also good, I actually do not know about the situation at their support, but that's becouse I never had to use it. With CPanel I've got full administration over the site, I use just the Aspire plan, so 2 MySQLs, 40 subdomains, and for now everything works. The site builder feature is also great for those who don't really know how to make own websites. The scripts offered by them are also working, forums, portals, and many other things. My site is krazed-community.com, a gaming community (well lack of members 'cause that 1 month long online time). Well, generally, my opinion about HostSo is, that yes, I'd recommend it to anyone who wants cheap, and good hosting.
    First post

???
      0 Not allowed!

aand?
    Whatcha wanna say with this? No, I'm not working for hostso. I was actually checking the aviability of the review posted on my page on google, when I've found a link to this thread. And as there were couple of nothing saying answers I decided to reg and tell those who are hesitating about HostSo, that they shouldn't. Yes, they may not be able to provide all the webspace, but if you don't need those 50GB and you want only some pictures maybe little files on the site, then you really do not have to pay those terrible prices on "usual" hostings.
      0 Not allowed!

@Tvsh, so what is the domain that you have hosted with HostSo? You can either post it here publicly or report it to the moderators privately at http://www.webhostingtalk.com/report.php?p=6370539 for verification.

Go for it and let us all know here after a couple of months about their service/support since there aren't any reviews here on WHT already, you could be one of the first!
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
      0 Not allowed!

Thank you for your input MikeDVB
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    @Tvsh, so what is the domain that you have hosted with HostSo?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tvsh View Post
    My site is krazed-community.com
    Authoritative Answer
    Query for KRAZED-COMMUNITY.COM type=255 class=1
    KRAZED-COMMUNITY.COM SOA (Zone of Authority)
    Primary NS: 1.nseasy.com
    Responsible person: hostso@minmaxgroup.com

Looks to be verified.
    Your one stop shop for decentralization
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by bear View Post
    Authoritative Answer
    Query for KRAZED-COMMUNITY.COM type=255 class=1
    KRAZED-COMMUNITY.COM SOA (Zone of Authority)
    Primary NS: 1.nseasy.com
    Responsible person: hostso@minmaxgroup.com

Looks to be verified.
    Good good I didn't see the domain in that huge blob of text posted initially but I was looking for a link and being a new poster I guess they weren't able to post a link
      0 Not allowed!

Good luck, let us know how they go in the future okay?
      0 Not allowed!