I run a small hosting/design business with around 200 clients. We currently have a dedicated server with a company that provides a great control panel (their own one; custom-written), but their machines are pretty slow and their customer support is poor.
I would like to move to another host who I've used in the past for personal projects - they have good machines and excellent support. But they don't provide a control panel as standard.
The current host's control panel is in three parts:
- My master panel where I can create new accounts and oversee everything;
- The resellers' panel where they can create new accounts within their account; and
- The end users' panel where they can create/modify e-mail addresses, install frontpage, install cgi-scripts, use mysql, look at their stats... those sorts of things.
The last two (the ones that can be seen by my clients) are fully customisable so they blend into the rest of my site.
I'm looking for a new system that I can install on a new server with my new host. It definitely needs to have all the things above, and it would be good if it also had:
- An online ordering system / auto-account creation
- A billing system to manage monthly renewals
Is this possible? Can anyone point me in the right direction?
That's going to be tricky because it sounds like its proprietary software. *Most* of the hosts on this board us cPanel, Ensim, H-Sphere or Plesk - which aren't really customizable as much as your's sounds. You may be stuck with developing your own software or trying to license or buy your hosts' software.
If you're using cpanel, the try phpmanager.com for the billing and signup/creation needs.
Want to sell domain names? Sign up today for an eNom.com reseller account from a trusted eNom ETP provider. * We provide support and service to over 3245 happy eNom domain name and SSL certificate resellers!