Can webThosting block you from chat?

Could all just be a coincidence, but I entered chat this morning to ask for a refund (their anytime money back no questions guarantee). the rep said why, what's wrong sir? I told him the problem. Then I got a message saying that the rep has left chat. I then went to try to start chat again and it would just forward me to open a ticket screen and now it just says chat is offline. I usually see them online around now. Do you think I'm blocked for asking for a refund or is this all just a messup? I opened a ticket on high like a hour ago. Usually I hear back (a half answer that makes me ask more questions) pretty quick. They are good for at least getting some answer back quick.

It's not a good sign what you are describing; though, there could always be issues on thier end so I would give about a day or so to see if they eventually respond to your ticket.

Make a backup of your hosting account, in case if you havn't already.
    bihira.com | 10+ Years of Web Hosting Experience!
    Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | 30 Day Money Back Guarantee
    cPanel | CloudLinux | R1Soft | Softaculous
    Find us on facebook and follow us on twitter @bihira

Chat shows offline for me, too. Do they have a documented refund process they expect you to follow?
    If you have to operate your company behind the scenes or under a fake name, maybe it's time to leave the industry and start something fresh.

I have no idea. If chat shows offline for another person I will not worry about it. I'm sure it's nothing

If you were blocked, I'd assume that you would now have access to the live chat itself, it would show you a blank page or error message.

If you can see that they are offline, most likely a error with the script, a time out problem maybe when he was talking to you, who knows.

Trying emailing them or calling and see what is going on.

If you are having a doubt use another browser and a Proxy IP.
    You will come to know whether they are available as a new person.

On the other hand try emailing them!
    Softaculous - Auto Installer for cPanel, Direct Admin, InterWorx, Plesk, H-Sphere
    The only Auto Installer that installs 260+ scripts. Install in just ONE STEP!
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 60+ OS Templates
    Webuzo - Softaculous for the Cloud i.e. Softaculous Standalone

Why don't you open a ticket and request a refund that way? If they ignore you then something is not right.

I'm sure it was all a misunderstanding. Things like this happen all the time. It's just frustrating when you're wanting a refund, and they're not there to assist you. I agree, I would try E-mailing, and give a day or 2. You should be just fine
    Whitney Godard - Account Manager
    SingleHop Inc. - www.singlehop.com Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 107

Try asking them instead of coming here
    StableHost .:. Unlimited web hosting done right. Experience the unlimited difference.
    PingThat .:. Is your website down? Find out now with our QuickChecker technology.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    Why don't you open a ticket and request a refund that way? If they ignore you then something is not right.
    Check their AUP and TOS for the method of requesting your refund as it will probably be via either a ticket or email, so chatting with someone online will not lead you to your goal anyway.

a few of you need to read the thread before replying. I'll quote the original post here again: "I opened a ticket"

My question -which is also oddly enough in the thread title as well lol- was Can webThosting block you from chat? Not "should I ask them instead of coming here?"

i think you should stay away from webthosting. i searched their company up only to find many horrible reviews.

I doubt anyone on WHT would know if you've been blocked. Cancellation procedures usually are followed by sending in a request using the helpdesk, or filling out the cancellation form.

they will send you a refund... at least after a whole week (from my experience)...

If there was the tos or aup violation I'm afraid that would be impossible to return the money. Next time ask about possibility of having web hosting account and your activity beforehand

Cheers
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Try to check their TOS first.Follow their steps as told if you accord with the rules for a refund.(Always need you contact with the billing department through email first)
    And I not sure you are blocked.Because I have never came across a chat system that got that feature.Maybe some network problems happened.
    Hope you finally get what you wanted.
    Regards!

If your blocked on a live chat the operator will normally have to enter a reason for blocking which is viewable to the person, so the chances are your not blocked.

Just give them a few hours to reply, also check their Terms of Service for the refund policy.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

Ethically, there is no other reason for them to blocking you from chat unless you are spamming messages to their live chat team.
    But if you asking politely with your inquiries and understand the TOS of your hosting plan, you should get what your are asking for including the refund.
    Please speak with them further to solve your refund request.
    Cheers!
    Roy
    ASP.NET Web Hosting with DotNetPanel and CMS.

you did the good thing by posting here because bentink checks here more than he checks his tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by ZanyHost View Post
    If your blocked on a live chat the operator will normally have to enter a reason for blocking which is viewable to the person, so the chances are your not blocked.

Just give them a few hours to reply, also check their Terms of Service for the refund policy.
    thanks. this was really what I was looking for. I was not asking if I was blocked like some people here assumed. I thought the question would be clear since I said "can webThosting block you from chat" not am I blocked lol

Quote Originally Posted by Jesse_613 View Post
    Could all just be a coincidence, but I entered chat this morning to ask for a refund (their anytime money back no questions guarantee). the rep said why, what's wrong sir? I told him the problem. Then I got a message saying that the rep has left chat. I then went to try to start chat again and it would just forward me to open a ticket screen and now it just says chat is offline. I usually see them online around now. Do you think I'm blocked for asking for a refund or is this all just a messup? I opened a ticket on high like a hour ago. Usually I hear back (a half answer that makes me ask more questions) pretty quick. They are good for at least getting some answer back quick.
    Im almost sure they did not block you possibly they use a Live Chat software and they got Disconnected from the internet. I would simply submit a ticket requesting a refund. Also dont get me wrong it is possible that the Live Chat does have filter's to block certain ip's but that is not intended to use it against client's simply spammer's, rude cursing people etc..

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    you did the good thing by posting here because bentink checks here more than he checks his tickets.
    He does seem to come by here very frequently to blame customers that post bad reviews for breaking his TOS or attempt to blame customers for the bad experience they had with the company.

In this case, I am fairly certain that the live host operate signed out / left or had a bad connection. If you were banned, in most cases you wouldn't be able to access the website and the reason why you were banned would be displayed.

Submit a ticket for a refund, and hope for the best. Let us know how your experience goes by reporting back here.

Quote Originally Posted by CoishAssociates View Post
    He does seem to come by here very frequently to blame customers that post bad reviews for breaking his TOS or attempt to blame customers for the bad experience they had with the company.

In this case, I am fairly certain that the live host operate signed out / left or had a bad connection. If you were banned, in most cases you wouldn't be able to access the website and the reason why you were banned would be displayed.

Submit a ticket for a refund, and hope for the best. Let us know how your experience goes by reporting back here.
    I submitted a ticket on high yesterday morning. I have not heard a thing. Usually they reply fast on high. Oh well I'm sure it will be taken care of soon

I finally heard back yesterday. The ticket support rep told me to open the same ticket with the same info again. I did then the new support person said he was not clear what I wanted... I have not heard back again

Well hopefully they will get back to you as soon as possible. If they were clear or not, they should respond to the issue as soon as possible. Hopefully within the same day!
    Whitney Godard - Account Manager
    SingleHop Inc. - www.singlehop.com Exclusive Specials - www.singlehop.com/jeremymiller
    Phone: 1-866-817-2811 ext. 107

Quote Originally Posted by hypebeast View Post
    lol....

owm
    ()
    Life's what you make it.