Shared host or vps

I am using blogspot blog and want to tranfer to wordpress. I am having 25-45 users online at every time on my blog. Any shared host can handle it or not

any other shared can do it for you, like hostgator

Should be no problem for a shared hosting environment. VPS would be down the road a ways. I'm guessing you cannot tell how much bandwidth you require based on your blog at blogspot?

A shared host would be fine if you keep your Wordpress blog "lite". I think it will perform well as long as you don't have too many heavy add-ons.

VPS would be overkill for that traffic. You should stick with shared hosting for now unless you really want to have a VPS.
    HostREA.com
    kirk[@]hostrea.com
    Shared / Reseller cPanel Web Hosting
    WHMCS Templates -Ready to go instant downloads.

Quote Originally Posted by KmacK View Post
    VPS would be overkill for that traffic. You should stick with shared hosting for now unless you really want to have a VPS.
    how can i know that now its time to switch to vps?
    Maximum How much bandwidth is allowed at shared host

Quote Originally Posted by pushkar4u View Post
    when it seems like you need more control over the server settings, such as php memory limits, amount of outgoing emails, etc. but a blog generally won't need to much of those resources anyway.

A VPS is only good if you need to be able to set your own limits, otherwise shared hosting generally gives you more power (more ram, cpu, etc.)

Shared hosting for one Wordpress blog should be fine as of now. Maximum bandwidth offered on a shared hosting plan varies from provider to provider. Just make sure you don't fall for unlimited space and unlimited bandwidth plans as these terms are unrealistic in web hosting business.
    Cloud Hosting - Intelligent, Auto-Scalable & Pay-Per-Use | Near Unlimited Resources
    Dedicated Servers - Fully Managed UK Dedicated Servers
    Complete, Fully Managed Web Hosting solutions at eUKhost.com!

Like multiple people have said, a VPS is quite possibly overkill. With a shared host, it's quite possible that you'll have a greater assurance of uptime than if you were hosting it yourself. Nowadays, Shared Hosts offer large amounts of space, and bandwidth, so Shared Hosting should be good for now. My personal WordPress blog runs wonderfully on my shared plan, so I haven't had to move it to my other servers.

Go for shared hosting, it would be quite economical and makes sense for your requirements
    █ All time best VPS Hosting is now more affordable
    █ Compare different VPS hosting Providers
    █ Ultimate place for Top VPS Hosting Comparison
    █ Reviews | Ratings | News | Articles | Forum | Offers

Your defiantly okay with shared hosting, for now. When you get 100 or 200 perhaps you will want a Virtual Private Server (VPS). Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

shared host should be fine, unless you need any kind of strange scripts or programs.
    BotWars.io - Code the AI of your Battle Bot!

Shared Hosting should be ok for your needs right now. But if you want to install specific program in the future, you might want to consider VPS.

Well if your server is loading slow its time to upgrade to a new VPS. I personally feel though you should first check the PHP load time of your server for every page and then decide to take a VPS or not.
    Webuzo - Multi user control panel supporting Apache, NGinx, MySQL, MariaDB, Percona, LiteSpeed, Varnish, WordPress, etc.
    Virtualizor - VPS Control Panel supporting OpenVZ, Xen, KVM and has 200+ OS Templates
    Softaculous - Auto Installer with 400+ scripts for Webuzo, cPanel, DirectAdmin, InterWorx, Plesk, etc.

Don't go crazy with plugins/widgets, and use WP supercache. It should keep you in the area of shared hosting capability for quite a while, as your blog will be virtually static in nature, not putting pressure on the server when unneeded.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    Don't go crazy with plugins/widgets, and use WP supercache. It should keep you in the area of shared hosting capability for quite a while, as your blog will be virtually static in nature, not putting pressure on the server when unneeded.

Along with this make sure the super cache is working! A lot of times users are told install wp-super-cache but they never bother to configure and test it. So it ends just generating new pages on each reload. So you need to make sure to add the mod_rewrite rules for it and then confirm in the source that the page was generated just once. You can do this by visiting the site several times and seeing if the cache generation time is changing (HTML comment at the bottom of the source code of each page)
    Tony B. - Chief Executive Officer
    Hawk Host Inc. Proudly serving websites since 2004
    Quality Shared and Cloud Hosting
    PHP 5.2.x - PHP 8.1.X Support!

I would also say shared hosting would be perfect for your needs. VPS would be needed if you are using too many resources and such.

Yes, your needs definitely suits to shared webhosts. Instead of investing for VPS better spends some money for finding the reliable and reputed shared host.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

Generally your provider will let you know that you are outgrowing their shared hosting offers but I would still post here and ask any questions you have when this time comes as some providers prematurely try to push people onto Virtual Private Servers to make more money.
    It depends on the host and their plans - generally. Just don't expect to get the world for peanuts and you should do ok
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

Agreed, your site shouldn't have any problem with shared hosting for now. If you are getting more than 100 concurrent users, then, it's time of getting a virtual private server.