Thumbs up Dathorn.com – I forgot my password… (A Review)

Seriously, I do.
    Now that I have your attention, here’s my review for Dathorn.com

When I had signed up for Dathorn.com I was looking for a way to host a few personal websites. My previous host had gone the way of many, down the tube for whatever reasons. I had found many positive reviews for Dathorn.com here @ WHT. I also noted that they were located in St. Louis, MO. I’m from the Metro area, and I love support local businesses. I took the leap. Since I’ve gotten my first reseller account at Dathorn.com, I’ve noticed something. The service here, is basically unmatched anywhere else. I can submit a trouble ticket at 3pm or at 2:48 am and I still get a response within 5 minutes. Once, I posted a ticket, and Andrew had responded to me in less than 90 seconds!

I currently have three reseller accounts with them, a Corporate Account, a Professional Account, and a Business Account Since I started with Dathorn.com they have run several specials (+$5) to upgrade (double) total bandwidth and disk space. In my time at Dathorn.com Andrew has updated the servers countless times. He stays up to date on updates, keeps the server loads down, and weeds out problems.

Support wise, I rarely have to log in to submit a ticket. Usually when I have something to submit, I have to use the forgot password link, as I don’t remember the last time I even logged into the account. That is pretty awesome in itself. The forums are also a good place to go for information.

I signed up in late March of 2003. It’s currently end August 2009 & I’m still there. I started with one reseller account hosting 3 websites. Now, I have three reseller accounts, hosting well over 50 websites. (personal, friends, & for profit)

The only real complaints I have with Dathorn.com is I forget my password to log in to create a trouble ticket or add a service (such as Postini to filter emails) or someone responds to my trouble ticket, before I’ve had the chance to get up and make myself a sandwich and get back to the pc.

My website listed in my profile is hosted at one of my reseller accounts at dathorn.com I will send a link to the helpdesk/mods for another site that has been there longer.

Basically, dathorn.com makes me happy. I can sleep soundly knowing that my website(s) and sites I host for friends, family members, & for others, is hosting in an environment that is top notch & second to none.
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

Dathorn reviews are not as frequent as they once were. Good to see that the "now news is good news" saying applies so well for them.

My website listed in my profile is hosted at one of my reseller accounts at dathorn.com I will send a link to the helpdesk/mods for another site that has been there longer.
    Domain received and hosted there since 2003 according to Domaintools.com. Thank you!

Hello,
    Great to hear positive reviews around here for a change - WTG Dathorn.com !!!
    Keith I Myers
    KMyers.me The rantings of a lunatic
    Geek Survival Guide - Reviews and Advice for Geeks

I second this. I had my account with dathorn from march 2003 until May 2009. They are solid.

Talking

Wanted to add this as well.

As another note, I host all but two of my websites at Dathorn. One is a high bandwidth site that does over 5 TB of traffic a month (hosted @ FDC for over 7 years now for good reason) the other is a site me and a friend are working on an online / browser based game. And I really don't want out scripts to affect the servers at dathorn. It's hosted on a (really crappy) vps somewhere. Don't even remember who its with, other than they gave more ram than other providers, and that site gets wonky after a few edits to the script...lol!
    Happily hosting @ Dathorn.com (Since 3/2003), Ispeeds.net (Since 2004), & Quadspeedi.net (Since 7/2005)!
    Hosted @ FDC for 9 Years

I totally agree with this review.

I don't even remember how long I am with Dathorn - my forum account is listed as created in 2004, but I'm pretty sure there was a forum upgrade, and I'm actually a customer since 2002. In any case, in these years I've had accounts with multiple webhosts, and Dathorn is on the absolute top of my list. It is never down, everything works like a swiss watch, and my trouble tickets (most of them being due to my own lack of expertise) are handled within 10-15 minutes.

I keep recommending Dathorn to everyone who needs a reliable service, and I never had anyone complain about this recommendation.
    First Amendment of a webhost: if you fail to prepare, prepare to fail.

Nice to see such long term experiences. Thanks for sharing it in a detailed way ChrisTech. I can see many long term relations in your signature. Share the relations with them also when you get time .