Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

I do not use Opera or anything else other than Firefox.

Opera has tool bars but no third party tool bars or ad dons that are not widgets. I would like to see the netcraft toolbar, yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, conduit toolbar and many more.

I use Internet Explorer more than Opera and Firefox more than both. Firefox has third party tool bars and thirty party ad dons. Opera just has widgets that go on your browser made by Opera or a third party. I do not like that period.

I do not trust Internet Explorer and I will never trust Internet Explorer.

I love having ad dons but I do not want them obstruct the browser. Tool bars and ad dons on the bottom or top of the browser may obstruct it but at least I do not have to drag it or turn it off when I view my browser. I can just go into the menu and shut it off. You can turn off widgets where they do no show but I just do not like it all.

I just think that the browser does not look as good and looks boring without those things.

I know its a browser but I think it should be more than that.

I do not use Chrome, Safari, and other browsers either. I do not think that they have widgets or anything for that matter.

Even if they do, you cannot easily access them.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by rlshosting View Post
    I do not think...
    Yes, this is true.

All jokes aside, (could not resist that one)... I don't know what is best... it all depends on how you work. I mostly use IE 8... although, I've used IE 8, 7, 6; FF 2, 3.x; Opera 9, 10; chrome; and Safari this past weekend...

Yea, I'm building some sites (actually modifying on a style sheet).

I can't wait for chrome to catch on and put FF out of business...
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I've been using Firefox since I first learned about it. It's a great problem, but no add-ons. I believe it just slows down the great software.

I guess it's more of a personal preference though.
    Brandon Long | https://brandonlong.me/
    Just a guy with a brain.
      0 Not allowed!

I use my web browser to I dunno ... browse the internet? Who'd have thought?

My main browser is Opera with FireFox and IE as my backups.

Of course Opera is far from perfect, two gripes:
    1) Where are all the pretty toolbars, extensions and other plug ins?
    2) Rendering still sucks compared to FireFox.
    What's your budget?

Seriously, what's your budget?
      0 Not allowed!

I use Opear (9.64 and 10) for most things, Turbo is perfect for when Im using mobile broadband I dont like all the pretty toolbars etc. I have my address bar, and my search box. Im happy.

I use FireFox for some sites, and I only have one AddOn, it lets me change my skin too loads of fancy ones (Personas?)

IE 8 is also on my desktop, but rarely used.

And Chrome has just been un-installed from my Notebook, no use for it.
    Darren Tod
    RPD Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Opera on day to day browsing. Firefox for development. IE when ****** sites force me too, or when I need to test stuff in IE.

Who needs all the Firefox plugins if it will eat 3 times more memory and will be 4x slower. This is why I migrated from FF to Opera.

I actually use Firefox as a container for Firebug .
      0 Not allowed!

I must be an oddball. The tool bars that I use seem to be quite useful. I do not have problems with my connection slowing or taking more memory.
    Last edited by M Bacon; 08-31-2009 at 12:37 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

I have used Opera for years. Now Opera only hase one feature that sets them apart. Pressing Ctrl+Enter opens the Magic wand. I have all my passwords stored there. Anyone know how to get me over to Firefox?

Opera 9.64 crashes a lot lately. I used Opera for the Zoom Cntrl+Scroll but now Firefox copied that.

As stated before Opera's page rendering is still disappointing.

I tried Firefox, it seems to run a lot slower. Maybe it's just me...

--Michael
    Last edited by TechniSmart; 08-31-2009 at 02:00 PM. Reason: typo

I use Opera and used to pay the purchase price for it years ago
    Opera is the lightest, fastest browser available (been proven many times). Of course everyone copied it's tabbed browsing, which it had many years ago. I see Google toolbar in FireFox is trying to copy its "Speed Dial" feature.

Opera will render W3C compliant HTML/CSS just fine, so if your site doesn't look good in Opera, I would bet it isn't compliant code. Open up Opera and open maybe 4-10 websites in tabs, and then do the same in FireFox. Windows users look at task manager and you will see FireFox uses typically at least 3/4 times the memory.

Right now I have 5 sites in tabs in Opera 9.64 and it is using 46,284K of memory (this thread, Amazon, Google, eBay, NewEgg). I have the same tabs opened in FireFox with Google Tool Bar installed and it is using 183,172K.

Don't get me wrong, I use FireFox daily simply because I use it to keep a single website open almost day on a monitor of it's own, but for fast browsing speed and ease of customization and tweaking, Opera is by far my favorite browser (classic skin).
      0 Not allowed!

Opera has tool bars but no third party tool bars or ad dons that are not widgets. I would like to see the netcraft toolbar, yahoo toolbar, Google toolbar, conduit toolbar and many more.

I use Internet Explorer more than Opera and Firefox more than both. Firefox has third party tool bars and thirty party ad dons. Opera just has widgets that go on your browser made by Opera or a third party. I do not like that period.

I do not trust Internet Explorer and I will never trust Internet Explorer.

I love having ad dons but I do not want them obstruct the browser. Tool bars and ad dons on the bottom or top of the browser may obstruct it but at least I do not have to drag it or turn it off when I view my browser. I can just go into the menu and shut it off. You can turn off widgets where they do no show but I just do not like it all.

I just think that the browser does not look as good and looks boring without those things.

I know its a browser but I think it should be more than that.

I do not use Chrome, Safari, and other browsers either. I do not think that they have widgets or anything for that matter.

Even if they do, you cannot easily access them.
    Good for you. Just don't come crying to me if my sites don't work for you.
    edgedirector.com
    managed dns global failover and load balance (gslb)
    exactstate.com
    uptime report for webhostingtalk.com
      0 Not allowed!

i used FireFox this good for me
    but one problem add-ons this bad
    Webgater.CoM - Cheap FullyManged Unmetered VPS , Master Reseller ,
    Reseller and Webhosting.
    Tomer A
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post
    I have used Opera for years. Now Opera only hase one feature that sets them apart. Pressing Ctrl+Enter opens the Magic wand. I have all my passwords stored there. Anyone know how to get me over to Firefox?

Opera 9.64 crashes a lot lately. I used Opera for the Zoom Cntrl+Scroll but now Firefox copied that.

As stated before Opera's page rendering is still disappointing.

I tried Firefox, it seems to run a lot slower. Maybe it's just me...

--Michael
    I used to have that problem in Opera 9.x and in 10 alpha.
    Now on 10 Beta 3 and no more crashes.

Woooo, just find out that 10 RC is out
      0 Not allowed!

Firefox is a wonderful browser, it is just very resource consuming. I recently started using Chrome from google and have found it to run faster and more efficient than Firefox and IE.
    Bobby Samai - Director of Marketing
    www.peakinternet.com 1.800.731.4871 Ext 4968 24/7 Support Center
    Out to change the way business is being done since 1992
    Colocation | Dedicated | VPS | Shared | Broadband | Fiber
      0 Not allowed!

Memory is not that much of a problem these days. I have 2 GB on my laptop. But FF is still slow.

And I've seen memory usages like 800 MB, com'on!
    Last edited by Adrian Andreias; 08-31-2009 at 06:23 PM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by sheic View Post
    Memory is not that much of a problem these days. I have 2 GB on my laptop. But FF is still slow.

And I've seen memory usages like 800 MB, com'on!
    Are you guys using the latest firefox? I have 35 tabs open right now and im using less then 600mb. I dont use opera or chrome because the browsers wait for most of the site to load before showing the page wich just makes me feel its slower. Plus if you have gotten laptops recently they get 4gb ram or you can upgrade it not to notice it. When Im using photoshop or something like I do not dare to use less then 4gb of ram for it.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.
      0 Not allowed!

I used to have that problem in Opera 9.x and in 10 alpha.
    Now on 10 Beta 3 and no more crashes.

Woooo, just find out that 10 RC is out
    Thanks for the tip Sheic,

Must keep up more. SO in your opinion what is stable and not crashing in Opera 9+ even the RCs?

--Michael

I've used Opera since version 3.x and let me tell you, all the browsers that have popped up over the years are all copying Opera. In fact many opera widgets have been deleted by their owners because firefox users are copying them, which is really sad.

Want a secure browser that renders properly? Use Opera. It's as simple as that.

As far as toolbars, who needs em? Most of them are crap anyways and don't do anything really useful.
    http://www.wpdirectorypro.com is a premium plugin to make a directory using WordPress
    http://www.pocketbikeforum.com racing, mods, sales, and general discussion of pocket bikes
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by HostYourIdea View Post
    SO in your opinion what is stable and not crashing in Opera 9+ even the RCs?
    I'm not sure what you mean.

In the first minor versions of Opera 9.x it worked perfectly. Then after a while and some upgrades it starting crashing specially when opening new tab and searching google (CTRL+T, then enter google search phrase or "g word" if single word - productivity stuff from Opera . BTW did you know that "w phrase" in address bar searches in Wikipedia? ).

Crashes seemed to be less frequent if I did some "Delete Private Data..." every once in a while.

Upgraded to 10 alpha, then 10 beta-s and still had the same problem.

Worth to notice that colleagues from my office were using the same Opera versions and same Vista version with no crash.
    The only difference I can think of is my display settings having larger DPI than standard.

Anyway this disappeared on 10 Beta 3. All good and stable now .
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by plumsauce View Post
    Good for you. Just don't come crying to me if my sites don't work for you.
    I have not came to a site once like that.
      0 Not allowed!

I have not came to a site once like that.
    There were a couple of sites that did not work for me in earlier versions of Opera... I only test opera for my own sites now, won't bother with attempting to test on other sites. Too many choices.

Nice to be able to pull acid x, but sucks if the browser does not work with a limited number of websites (when all other main browsers will).
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!
      0 Not allowed!

I have never had a site "not" work in Opera, it's usually dirty HTML/CSS, but I have seen this in other browsers as well (render not as intended).
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    I have never had a site "not" work in Opera, it's usually dirty HTML/CSS, but I have seen this in other browsers as well (render not as intended).
    Me either. Site that are not fully W3C complaint may not display properly, but that's not the fault of the browser.

@Sheic, I will try Opera 10 Beta 3 and let you all know.

--Michael

I started with IE and went to Firefox. Now I continue to use Firefox.When I need IE I use Maxthon.
    Nothing here right now.
      0 Not allowed!

I'm not sure what you mean.

Upgraded to 10 alpha, then 10 beta-s and still had the same problem.
    Just put Opera 10.00 build 1750 final release and so far its great. Still Firefox has not got an add-on like the magic wand--I just love that, because I have many login credentials for the same url for various clients. Opera handles it well.

Thanks for the advice Sheic.

--Michael

Quote Originally Posted by tcstatic View Post
    The only site I can think of that doesn't work properly is google maps. Try right clicking on the map. Seems like Opera insists on using their own method for handling right clicks which isn't compatible with the way IE or FF handles it.

Other than that, Opera's a pretty solid browser.
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast