Looking for LCD monitor recomendations

Hey Guys,

I am looking at buying my first LCD monitor. I haven't been a big fan of LCD really ever... and I still hate LCD TV's because of the poor scaling that most seem to have. But that another topic.

I have no problem with the my first laptop LCD's that I had it was a Dell Inspiron 6400 15.4" 1680x1050. My new Dell E6500 has a 1440x900 with the LED backlight. I love the brightness that it gives but found that everything looked bland. I watched a Divx of Stargate and I thought that everyone was dead they had no color in the face. I spent awhile tweaking the settings, and made it so that I'm really happy, but now the greens and reds are almost too brilliant. For example I looked at some recent pictures I took while on vacation and the trees and landscape look amazingly vivid and beautiful, but when I look and any other computer they look normal.

I've never felt it necessary to tweak colors on a CRT.

On the other hand I am yet to love any LCD monitor that I have used on a desktop. They are either OK or color-dead or less sharp then I am used too. I want something that will compare to my old 19" NEC Multisync 97F CRT that was about $800 when new.

Also does anyone know what size widescreen do I need to get the same screen height as a 19" CRT? I could do the math but am too lazy.

Thanks for the help
    Zenon Kazienko
    President,
    Budget Host Canada
    Your Windows & Linux Solution for Shared, Reseller & Dedicated Hosting

We currently purchased a bunch of 19in Dell Flat Panel LCD HD Monitors. Personally I like them but some of the employees that received new ones complained that they were widescreen. Has a 1366x768 resolution and I believed we got them for about $150 each, not to sure. I am always a big fan of some hardware that dell makes, I do not like their computers but I like the hardware and servers they make. Hope that helps.

Thanks for the input, I don't think those are best for me (see notes below). I finally decided that I needed to read up on the details of the technology so I can better understand what makes an LCD good/bad. CRT's were so much simpler to evaluate, But Tom's hardware is a good starting point.

Additional notes
    I think a minimum resolution of 1440x900 would suit my needs and I'm thinking a size of 19-22"
    Last edited by Zenon; 08-30-2009 at 09:28 PM.
    Zenon Kazienko
    President,
    Budget Host Canada

Quote Originally Posted by Zenon View Post
    Also worthy to note:
    Minimum 1440x900 resolution.
    19-22" size
    Maybe if they are not widescreen but the dell monitors we purchased is max at 1366x768, remember we purchased widescreen monitors. Ill be more than gladly to post an image of the box if we have them (trash man came Saturday.)

If you could get the Dell Model Number that would be most helpful, I was just cruising Dell's Site and came across the E1910. Its the only 19" I could find but it says a resolution of 1440x900, but I also found that is said 1366x768 so now I don't know. Both would be a widescreen, but with different aspect rations, the one is a 16:9 the other is a 16:10
    Zenon Kazienko
    President,
    Budget Host Canada

I'm personally a fan on the Dell LCD's too. I'll find a model number for you.

This is what we purchased for our employees: http://www.techdealdigger.com/pr/che...tor-deals/1951. However, we paid about $140-$150 per monitor. Hope that helps. Ours are also silver.

The Dell S2009W is pretty nice, just got one a little while ago for my personal computer and its been good. Its 20inch High Definition+ 1600 x 900 resolution and only $150
    Dedispec, LLC.
    Dedicated Servers | Cloud Hosting | Colocation
    www.dedispec.com - sales[at]dedispec.com

Quote Originally Posted by donbiz View Post
    The Dell S2009W is pretty nice, just got one a little while ago for my personal computer and its been good. Its 20inch High Definition+ 1600 x 900 resolution and only $150
    If we got any bigger, I think our employees would watch movies all day. . In my home office I have 3x 24in LG LCD Monitors and they are pretty nice.

I picked up two Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD monitors three weeks ago when they were $140 each shipped. The dells are nice... these Hanns G are excellent as well.

I actually purchased one, then had to get the other for a dual monitor hookup... after using two monitors at a work site, I had to do the same at my home office. lol

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16824254035
    Windows 10 to Linux and Mac OSX: I'm PARSECs better than you. Eat my dust!!!

I have had the same 2 19" HannsG's for 2 years now with no issues love them.

I have Samsung 940BW which is pretty good for me. But in future I am planning to buy a Dell 24 incher.