Talking Does anyone have any good reviews on Directspace or use them ?

Im currently considering directspace.net/dedicated_servers.htm due to the high volume in bandwidth, Im just wanting to know if anyone uses them currently or had used them and would know if their worth a try.

20 TB for 100$ a month???
    That certainly is cheap with 4GB of ram as well.

try to search in forum for review

If they can offer you the cheapest web hosting solution ever - be accurate that is not the sign they are the best ones. As people suggested here - do the search for their reviews
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization

Yeah im looking for reviews now, Their website says

"Located in Portland, Oregon, we are homed within the largest telco hotel on the west coast with such companies as Google, Yahoo, and Clear. Our bandwidth output is nearly unlimited with dozens of tier 1-2 fiber providers already within the hotel" So im taking it they colo,

But i thank im going too get a dedi through them see how it goes for a few weeks and ill let you guys know how they are :]

There "nearly unlimited" bandwidth can do 1MB/s to my Gigabit Softlayer server.

Personally I saw some packet loss on the VPS I had with them. May have been the VPS/node, who knows. Support was fairly knowledgable and fast (the initial reply anyway). Can't comment on their dedicated servers but if the packet loss issue is their network, I'd look elsewhere (10tb has been rated highly around these parts).
    Hi, I'm Ron, a pleasure to meet you!

i know several websites hosted with them and the site runs pretty smoothly. i am sure that they are a decent provider.

I have a VPS with them, but I have to say, the service/price ratio is pretty good. However, I can't comment on the dedicated offers.

Ah cool how long have you been with them ? & which vps plan do you have i see they offer some on duel core & qaud

Might want to check out a different provider. From what I can see, their 'BGP-blended' bandwidth is just a single-homed connection to Cogent. I guess it's fine if you are needing a massive amount of bandwidth cheaply, but being single-homed to anything is a bad idea. If you're looking for a good provider that provides a lot of bandwidth for a low cost, check out FDC or 10TB.

:] thank you for the info

Quote Originally Posted by hostingdispatch View Post
    Ah cool how long have you been with them ? & which vps plan do you have i see they offer some on duel core & qaud
    //Edit i misread the Processor info on the vps plans

Quote Originally Posted by timburke View Post
    Might want to check out a different provider. From what I can see, their 'BGP-blended' bandwidth is just a single-homed connection to Cogent. I guess it's fine if you are needing a massive amount of bandwidth cheaply, but being single-homed to anything is a bad idea. If you're looking for a good provider that provides a lot of bandwidth for a low cost, check out FDC or 10TB.
    Hi there,

Actually we had a major issue with our other blend getting turned up (right now everyone is glaring harshly at Level3 for the problem). While our cogent bandwidth is quite good, we are aware people want a better blend and are working hard to make sure we get things lit up with them ASAP :-)

Thanks,
    DirectSpace Networks, LLC
    Virtual Private Servers [OpenVZ & KVM], Colocation, and Dedicated Servers
    Offering premium & scalable datacenter services for over 11 years

Quote Originally Posted by directspace View Post
    Hi there,

Actually we had a major issue with our other blend getting turned up (right now everyone is glaring harshly at Level3 for the problem). While our cogent bandwidth is quite good, we are aware people want a better blend and are working hard to make sure we get things lit up with them ASAP :-)

Thanks,
    Your website says that you have AT&T, MCI, and Sprint in addition to Cogent. Seems to be false advertising. I'm gonna stop arguing though...

Quote Originally Posted by timburke View Post
    Your website says that you have AT&T, MCI, and Sprint in addition to Cogent. Seems to be false advertising. I'm gonna stop arguing though...
    Those were the ones we signed on and they're active, just not mixed into the BGP.

There is a problem with the BGP on Level3's end and since everything is coming to us as a blend, it's an 'all or nothing' kind of deal.

We can give you a test IP if you wish to see but that's up to you :-)

Thanks,
    DirectSpace Networks, LLC
    Virtual Private Servers [OpenVZ & KVM], Colocation, and Dedicated Servers
    Offering premium & scalable datacenter services for over 11 years