KickAssVPS.com 1 Year Review

I have now been using KickAssVPS for a year now and all I can say is it they have been the best hosting experience that I have received from any where.
    I've had a big performance problem about it about 10 months ago but I emailed them and they took care of it right away by moving my VPS to another server.
    Since that time they have did more server upgrades and my VPS runs just like a dedicated server as far as performance goes.

If you want a top of the line VPS with great support, uptime, performance that wont put a big dent in your wallet go with KickAssVPS

History:

I switch to KickAssVPS about a year ago from a shared hosting provider to host a asp.net website to sale software that I have written. The shared host (ourinternet.us) had tons of problems and cost me LOTS of sales. So I started looking for a VPS so we would have 100% control of every thing. We came across KickAssVPS from WHT and decided to give them a try.

Glad to see you happy enjoying VPS with them. Hope this will stay the same in future also. Thanks for sharing the review.

Thanks for sharing your experience with KickAssVPS. It will help others to find out a better VPS provider like KickAssVPS.

I'm currently looking for a VPS provider, so I'll take a look, thanks

We are very glad that you found that a VPS was the correct solution for your needs. Unfortunately at the time we did not offer Virtual Hosting that would suite your special needs.

Look luck with your future ventures.
    Jason T. Dickman - Senior Server Tech
    Cloud Based Solutions, VPS, Linux, Windows, Dedicated
    Our Internet - Your Complete Web Hosting Solution

Thanks for the review, was looking for a new provider.

It seems you are lucky to found yourself a good VPS provider.
    Thanks for sharing the review. Good Luck for the future.
    !! RRDNS.com !! RRDNSHosting.com !!
    !! 100% Business Uptime Hosting Solutions !!
    !! Now offers Affordable Shared Clustered Hosting !!
    !! http://www.rrdns.com !! http://www.rrdnshosting.com !!

nice review, keep us update RBooth.
    © www.hostinginside.com AS9678 √
    © Taiwan Colocation and Dedicated Server
    © Taiwan, Singapore, US, UK & Germany KVM Based VPS with RAID 10

Sounds like they are aptly named. Kickass..VPS!
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Thats nice , i was looking for a vps too, i'll take a look into kickassvps.com 's plans , do keep us updated . thnx

Thanks for sharing your experiences mate. Really glad to see that you have been with your best host . Since your previous experience was not that good, your current experience becomes even sweeter. Keep us updated again.

I just had them upgrade my vps from windows 2003 to windows 2008 and it was a quick setup and no extra charge for the change. They also fix some bandwidth issues I was having starting a few day ago. Went from 80kbps to over 4mbps now, Even better then before.

Its kinda hard to keep updated on a good host. On a bad host there is always something to say about them, but for a good host I'm usually speechless.

I'm off installing DotNetPanel now and getting my new toy setup.

I will surely try this Kickass VPS after I try out my Solar VPS which sadly, until now has not yet been provisioned.

(server 2008 is quite amazing

Quote Originally Posted by sleepybear View Post
    I will surely try this Kickass VPS after I try out my Solar VPS which sadly, until now has not yet been provisioned.

(server 2008 is quite amazing
    I just had to setup a windows 2008 dedicated server for work. It was quite fun, I love it. I mainly want to use because of asp.net MVC. Nothing like being a .NET programmer playing with new toys.

Thanks for your review! Every time I think of KickAss, I think of 3dgameman.com!

great review, Kickass VPS will go into consideration when choosing my next vps.

Just an update I'm still with them and every thing is running smooth. I have managed to screw up my vps a couple of times since then but they fixed it in a matter of hours.

Good job keeping the post updated. I know what you mean about not having a ton of things to report about great hosts. I normally keep a log of all my contacts/issues even if minor so I have a record for any reviews.

Just another update I just had them switch back me from Windows 2008 to Windows 2003. On 1GB of ram Win2008 does not seam to do that great once you have every thing setup and running on it.

While I was at it I also had them add an extra IP address to my account as it turns out to be a big pain on running your own DNS Server with only 1ip.

Thanks Again KickAssVPS for your fast response times and great support.

I wonder if you are writing about the same Kickassvps I have a Linux VPS with... they take hours to respond tickets, and days to escalate a ticket to a senior support agent.

Maybe they are only good for Windows VPS...

Quote Originally Posted by RBooth View Post
    Just another update I just had them switch back me from Windows 2008 to Windows 2003. On 1GB of ram Win2008 does not seam to do that great once you have every thing setup and running on it.

While I was at it I also had them add an extra IP address to my account as it turns out to be a big pain on running your own DNS Server with only 1ip.

Thanks Again KickAssVPS for your fast response times and great support.
    Last edited by microvax; 08-27-2009 at 11:15 AM.

No comments? Where are those Kickassvps fans?

After 2 weeks of slow communications with KickassVPS, I asked for cancellation and refund. I hope they act fast so I can close this story.

@albatroz

Yea I've only used Windows with them. Never any problems on the windows side. I know nothing about their linux side.