google webmasters help

Ok i just published a squidoo lens site and i dont know how to verify the site. I know you need to put a html or meta tag in to verify but i dont know where im supposed to put it.

You can put the META tag in the <head>...</head> section of your home page, OR you can download the .html file and upload it to your root directory (www.yourdomain.com/googlefile.html).
    @jmedwards
    - find me on Twitter!
    Kayako help desk software - we help our customers help their customers

Quote Originally Posted by Jamie Edwards View Post
    You can put the META tag in the <head>...</head> section of your home page, OR you can download the .html file and upload it to your root directory (www.yourdomain.com/googlefile.html).
    ya i know but this is a free hosting website so i cant do that kind o fstuff

you can put it anywhere on the homepage, if you are able to edit the index homepage file on your free web host.

Quote Originally Posted by johnch View Post
    you can put it anywhere on the homepage, if you are able to edit the index homepage file on your free web host.
    ya i know i tryed putting it in the title section but it still wasnt verified idk why it wont let me heres a link to it http://www.squidoo.com/learn-how-to-...crosoft-points

Quote Originally Posted by soccer568 View Post
    ya i know i tryed putting it in the title section but it still wasnt verified idk why it wont let me heres a link to it http://www.squidoo.com/learn-how-to-...crosoft-points
    bump......

I don't believe you can verify a Squidoo lens site with Google Webmaster Tools.

You know that squidoo has it's own statistics software right? It will pretty much do everything webmaster/analytics can do beside for backlink composition.

You can just use a backlink checker for that.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.