Hosting recommendations

Hiya

I'm currently with godaddy for my hosting, but i'm getting really sick of their slow loading times and they're clunky admin interface so i'm looking for a better host.

I'm after:

• Windows hosting with .net 3.5 (preferably IIS7 based and with MVC support)
    • Preferably UK based
    • MS SQL db (one will do but pref more)
    • Doubt i'll ever need more than 100 meg of space
    • Low bandwidth (its only for my personal/portfolio site)

The cheaper the better, but happy to compromise for speed and service

any suggestions?

Sounds like you are after quality service and you should be able to find a quality host here. I'd recommend you to browse through some of the posts here in Windows hosting section along with browsing through offers section - I'm sure this will help you in getting your next host!

Good luck!
    Last edited by Mike V; 08-30-2009 at 05:31 PM.

definitely check out www.uncorrupted.net . They use some very expensive high quality equipment, and good customer service. I don't know too much about hosting but these guys are certainly a top bunch

Cool, thanks for the replies

Had a look at uncorrupted, but it seems 50% of their site is still under development!

Had a quick look at softsys hosting, seems they tick most the boxes apart from being in the UK! Had a look around some shared hosting examples and they seemed pretty nippy here in the UK, so tempting...

Rick: do you bill monthly?

Whats your actual budget for Windows UK Hosting?

Well as its only for my personal site, quite low. I'm looking less than 10 a month preferably.

It'd be great to take a VPS, but the cost is a little ott for me as per the usage.

I've been offered by my work to host on our dedicated server, but I'd rather keep my personal things elsewhere!

Quote Originally Posted by Dfects View Post
    Well as its only for my personal site, quite low. I'm looking less than 10 a month preferably.

It'd be great to take a VPS, but the cost is a little ott for me as per the usage.

I've been offered by my work to host on our dedicated server, but I'd rather keep my personal things elsewhere!
    I see. You should still be able to find good UK based Windows hosting for 10 GBP per month with London based support etc (ie not Indian outsourced).

Any idea on places to look? Google seems severely tainted with paid for search placings and this site, although good, is swimming with lots of information thats taking a while to sort through

Had a quick look at softsys hosting, seems they tick most the boxes apart from being in the UK! Had a look around some shared hosting examples and they seemed pretty nippy here in the UK, so tempting...

Rick: do you bill monthly?
    Thanks! On shared/reseller accounts, we only have Quarterly/Half-Yearly/yearly cycles and monthly cycle on VPS.

Thanks,

Rick
    ██ Softsys Hosting ██ - 9 Years In Business - 24/7 In-House Support - Enterprise DDoS Protection Available!

Enterprise Dedicated Servers - WHT Exclusive Windows & Linux VPS (US/UK/Singapore) - Failover Ready Cloud VM's

Hiya

I'm currently with godaddy for my hosting, but i'm getting really sick of their slow loading times and they're clunky admin interface so i'm looking for a better host.

I'm after:

• Windows hosting with .net 3.5 (preferably IIS7 based and with MVC support)
    • Preferably UK based
    • MS SQL db (one will do but pref more)
    • Doubt i'll ever need more than 100 meg of space
    • Low bandwidth (its only for my personal/portfolio site)

The cheaper the better, but happy to compromise for speed and service

any suggestions?
    Discountasp.net should meet all of your needs listed. They offer a UK data center with IIS7 servers. MVC is supported too so I would say give them a look.
    -Jay-

Watch out where the huskies go and don't you eat that yellow snow!

If you are looking for a good service in the UK hit up Craig from Kualo.com they should be able to set you up.

Try http://www.webhosting.uk.com/windows-hosting.php or http://www.openhosting.co.uk/

Webhosting.uk.com offers full year account for $39 with most of your requirements satisfied.

Moreover they are located in UK.