backlink question

does backlink mean to link your sites to other site

backlinks are incoming links to your site
    Are you on Twitter? @BrandonSheley Check out my IPB Forum

Also the more backlinks the better your rankings will be
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Also the more backlinks the better your rankings will be
    ok then what does it mean when people say that a good way to get your website cawled is to link your site to other sites

Soccer, somebody either didn't explain to you right, or you didn't hear what they are saying. In order for the Search Engines to Crawl, they have to go from 1 site to another. If they have never been to your site, then they most likely would not make it to a site outside of yours.

So it is important to have links coming in, and going out.
    Giving my opinions and thoughts the Moxie Way

For example link exchanges are a good start aswell...
    l Dedigeeks (Twitter) Shared Reseller Cloud VPS Since 2010
    l Leading AU Hosting Provider Multiple locations - around the globe!
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support 99.9% Uptime Guarantee
    l www.yourcompanynamehere.com Customer Service Rep. Superior Service Guarantee

Quote Originally Posted by Moxie Maxwell View Post
    Soccer, somebody either didn't explain to you right, or you didn't hear what they are saying. In order for the Search Engines to Crawl, they have to go from 1 site to another. If they have never been to your site, then they most likely would not make it to a site outside of yours.

So it is important to have links coming in, and going out.
    ok maxwell so what you mean by that is when making my site put links to other sites that are in common with what i am talking about

Yes Soccer, you want to be linking to sites within the same Category or Topic of what you are offering, but you don't have to link to your competitors, but link to news sites or wiki sites to help with relevancy.

And please, call me me Moxie

Yes Soccer, you want to be linking to sites within the same Category or Topic of what you are offering, but you don't have to link to your competitors, but link to news sites or wiki sites to help with relevancy.

And please, call me me Moxie
    haha alrite moxie and this will help when google crawls my site rite

No, linking to other sites will not help you get crawled, it is getting other websites to link to you. By you linking out to other websites, it keeps the Search Engines spiders working and passing through your site, but I can't stress enough the importance of having sites link back to your site.

no linking to other sites will not help you get crawled, it is getting other websites to link to you. By you linking out to other websites, it keeps the Search Engines spiders working and passing through your site, but I can't stress enough the importance of having sites link back to your site.
    moxie how do i get sites to link back to me

There are several ways to get back links. As much as I would love to share everything I do, there is a price tag. But I do enjoy helping where I can.

Directory submissions is one way to go, putting a signature together here after you have had 10 posts with a link back to your website. Advertising on other websites, emailing Webmasters, and various Link Exchange programs.

Do a search on wikipedia if you like. You will have to start somewhere, but while you are looking for those links to come to you, be sure to build a site that makes people want to come back for more information first, as you do this, work on getting your link out there.

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    For example link exchanges are a good start aswell...
    No they are not. You have those who know what they are doing and those that don't. Linking out is not something you want to do unless you have a really good reason. And link exchanges are not the sort of "scheme" you want to get involved in.

Directory submissions is one way to go, putting a signature together here after you have had 10 posts with a link back to your website. Advertising on other websites, emailing Webmasters, and various Link Exchange programs.
    That depends on what you are trying to do. Links without targeted anchor text do not work if you are trying to improve your position in the search results (serps's). Similarly short term value links such as forum signatures and blog commenting are a waste of time.

If on the other hand you are building traffic, social media sites and niche community forums are invaluable. But you do need to understand what you are trying to do.
    Quote Originally Posted by LocoForum.com View Post
    backlinks are incoming links to your site
    Back links generally mean one way (no reciprocal link) targeted back links we use to get ranked in Google. This is not the same as high PR paid links or common garden link spam.

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    [FONT=Arial][SIZE=2]No they are not. You have those who know what they are doing and those that don't. Linking out is not something you want to do unless you have a really good reason. And link exchanges are not the sort of "scheme" you want to get involved in.
    reciprocal links although not as effective as they used to be are still effective enough to warrant the time and effort to create the relationship with other websites.As long as we are very picky about one's site selection and keeping the content related to our site.

Balderdash. Its all too easy to tritely say that link exchanges are less effective than they used to be. Fact is they are dangerous. You get judged by the sites you link out to. Are you telling me that you will happily dish out links to web masters who don't understand this? It's complete and utter nonsense and you are not doing anyone any favours by trying to perpetuate the practice.

Balderdash. Its all too easy to tritely say that link exchanges are less effective than they used to be. Fact is they are dangerous. You get judged by the sites you link out to. Are you telling me that you will happily dish out links to web masters who don't understand this? It's complete and utter nonsense and you are not doing anyone any favours by trying to perpetuate the practice.
    I am here sincerelty ask u, is that the case in your eyes, the link exchange completly useless nowadays and should be completely abandoned??

Back links are crucial in the SEO. If you really want to make success in the real SEO game, think "quality" not "quantity".

re

Most commercial search engines provide a mechanism to determine the number of backlinks they have recorded to a particular web page.Back Links are incoming links to a website or web page. In the search engine optimization (SEO) world, the number of backlinks is one indication of the popularity or importance of that website or page

Quote Originally Posted by besteast View Post
    Back links are crucial in the SEO. If you really want to make success in the real SEO game, think "quality" not "quantity".
    This is the theory that we all know, but the truth is that we still need the certain number of backlinks. One single high quality backlink won't do u much help!

Quote Originally Posted by jigna_faria View Post
    I am here sincerelty ask u, is that the case in your eyes, the link exchange completly useless nowadays and should be completely abandoned??
    As a link building/SEO tool, absolutely.

Quote Originally Posted by besteast View Post
    OK. I am thinking quality but what is a quality link and what is not? Quantity I am familiar with.

As a link building/SEO tool, absolutely.
    Sorry for disagreement, but I think it at least can help u with the relevancy in Google's eyes.

I mean, for example, my site is PR5, then I link exchange with a site which has a PR 4 but well built, so what do u think the deal??

expecting for your reply!

Webmasters chasing PR (and link exchanges) are going to pick up a nasty something along the way. It's inevitable. You link out to them and you will end up with no PR, penalised in the serp's and no business.

Dumb isn't it?

Webmasters chasing PR (and link exchanges) are going to pick up a nasty something along the way. It's inevitable. You link out to them and you will end up with no PR, penalised in the serp's and no business.

Dumb isn't it?
    So I got u mean link exchange can be penalised?? And Google don't like it??

Besides the fact that some "experts" will swear blind that link exchanges have been seriously devauled, if you link out to a site that Google does not approve of, you will catch what they havegot. And its not PR. You link out, you are responsible. So think carefully about who is sitting behind that shiny white set of teeth.

Nobody who is anybody does link exchanges anymore.

Besides the fact that some "experts" will swear blind that link exchanges have been seriously devauled, if you link out to a site that Google does not approve of, you will catch what they havegot. And its not PR. You link out, you are responsible. So think carefully about who is sitting behind that shiny white set of teeth.

Nobody who is anybody does link exchanges anymore.
    Nobody who is anybody does link exchanges anymore

Right, nowadays that kind of natural links just won't happen anymore!! So much manipulation involved in it.