Please tell me your opinion about this domain name for a file sharing website

Hello

Please tell me your opnion about this domain name for a file sharing website.

WWW.GMode.INFO

Gain More Or Do Extra with Information ... This is how I've picked it.

So is it a good one or not.

It is not up yet at all.

Sorry to spoil your fun, but .info? Do you own also .com and .net? If not.. forget about it. Your .info site will be nice traffic "supporter" for .com owner site. Not recommended.

No I do not own any.

Thanks for the advise... Please if any one has any suggestion for a domain name for a file sharing website to PM or IM me.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by MGadAllah View Post
    No I do not own any.

Thanks for the advise... Please if any one has any suggestion for a domain name for a file sharing website to PM or IM me.

Thanks
    I would suggest you visit goDrops.com and enter keywords you're interested in "SEARCH" field. This shows you all domains that have recently dropped and available for registration. It's a good way to get ideas of what you're looking for. Another tool for looking for domains is AJaxWhoIS.com (fun way to look for domains, but really annoying when you find everything is taken). The main rule of thumb is to get a ".com" and one that is not very long.

Good luck!

Thanks for the advise

If you don't own the domain, take a look at whois, gmode.info is taken

Domain Name:GMODE.INFO
    Created On:26-May-2006 17:37:01 UTC
    Last Updated On:12-Jul-2009 22:20:36 UTC
    Expiration Date:26-May-2010 17:37:01 UTC

Never ask for a domain you think is unregistered, someone could register it before, this time the domain was already registered.

About the name, i don't like it, sorry.
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!

It is mine already and I was not using it so I thought to use it for this torrent website.

I am also own www.procybers.com

Is it any good to be used?

Thanks

I understand the desire to utilize a domain name that's already in your portfolio but to me Gmode sounds too much like the popular Gmod (Garry's Mod).
    I don't believe that the name of a torrent site is too important. People will still find you quickly and eventually the site will get banned anyways. Gmode isn't bad but IMHO it helps if the name is memorable (ie crustybanana) and not an acronym (GMode - Gain More Or Do Extra with Information).

Quote Originally Posted by Techno View Post
    eventually the site will get banned anyways
    What do you mean and banned from where or what and why to be banned from the 1st place

.info = bad .. how many popular sites have you seen with an info domain?
    cPanel Hosting
    Site5.com - Best support in the hosting business!

Definitely not worth it, don't buy .info for any site you'd put more than an hour's effort into. Go with a .com you won't regret it.

domain is registered at godaddy, one abuse report (or DMCA) sent to godaddy and the domain will be suspended for hosting a torrent site with copyright protected content.
    Mousa: [as Rambo prepares to play Afghan game 'buzkashi'] God must love crazy people.
    Rambo: [getting on horse] Why?
    Mousa: He make so many of them!

My advice would be to go to auctions.godaddy.com and look for a $5-$10 .com name instead. There are many there to be had. Agree with everyone else. .info won't cut it.
    Signature Under Construction.

Actually I've found it a very trouble makers issue to have a torrent website ... Really scared to get caught .