Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

NOCSTER Thanksgiving Sale - NO SETUP FEES!

NOCSTER Thanksgiving Server Sale!
    NO SETUP FEES!
    NOCSTER MANAGED DEDICATED SERVERS
    THANKSGIVING SERVER SALE!

SALE STARTS 11/15/2002 12:00AM EST
    PRE-ORDER NOW!
    SALE ENDS 11/20/2002 11:59PM EST or WHEN SOLDOUT

NO SETUP FEES!
    GUARANTEED 24-HOUR SETUP!

Starting as low as $49.95 per month!

300GB BGP4 Multi-Homed Bandwidth

Add CPanel5/WHM for only $19.95/monthly

Sale Details:
    http://www.nocster.net/sale.shtml

Warm Regards,
    Sean R.
    BurstNET
    Last edited by HostJedi; 11-13-2002 at 02:58 PM.
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!
    http://www.smarthost.net - sales@smarthost.net - Resale/Affiliate Programs
    Cloud Hosting - VPS Hosting - Dedicated Servers - Colocation - Flux Capacitors

Hi,
    Might want to correct the dates.

The cheapest one I can see is $79.95 per month. Is the $49.95 one there somewhere, but I can't see it?

misight, when you click there link above, the page states those servers area preview of whats to come....so wait and see on the 15th eh ?

It's cheap but I rather pay more and get better server

EDIT: I don't want to be negitive without a good reason.
    Last edited by parawing742; 11-13-2002 at 11:47 PM.
    Phillip

Rudy,

Thank you for ruining Nocsters thread, kudos. Do you have any idea how many big companies are listed in the BBB

I have a server with Burst/Nocster and they are very good. I can recommend, I wish I got those prices when I was buying my server.

The BBB is a scam of the worst order. They hold themselves out to the public as if they were a government agency. There are times when a customer is just plain wrong, but they do not see it that way. Even if you make every attempt to resolve a dispute with them, and the customer is still unreasonable, they list the complaint as "unresolved" or "made every effort to resolve" but still list you with a negative rating.

Even worse, lets say someone goes searching the BBB on a charity. For example, in Houston, search Houston Childrens Charity, of which I am a board member and significant contributor. We are listed as "not meeting the BBB guidelines" simply because we don't provide them anything beyond our annual audited financials. It is insane. You might also search in Houston, "Big Brothers Big Sisters" and you will find the same thing even though they are a GREAT organization with a fantastic track record.

Bottom line is that the BBB is a for profit enterprise. It is a business. They are out there to make money. They are predatory in their practices.

If the BBB is watching the business community, who is watching the BBB?
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

Unresolved issue?

Sounds like Robert you have an unresolved issue listed with them.

There are pros and cons to being listed with them.......one unresolved issue shouldn't be a problem for a big company...its when there two or more. Also it depends on how old the company is.

I understand what you are saying not to let BBB make your desicion for you......but to use it as a guide in helping to find a business for your needs....at least thats what I have done.

Have a good day BigDog!!
    Thank You
    ALS

With 300,000 dialup subs I am surprised we do not have more than we do Last I checked, I think we get about 50-70 BBB complaints a year. It could be more or less. 300k dialup subs, 8k+ servers, and about 10k + shared hosting customers verses that number of complaints IMHO is very low.

If you heard the local guy when he gets on TV and rants about this or that it is very frustrating. I think he is an arrogant, egotistical #%&.

Robert
    Robert Marsh
    Head Surfer

Just to clarify, are the servers listed in the presale at $79.95 and $89.95 managed or not? What exactly is your definition of a managed server?

Thanks!

Robert, I stand corrected....I didn't think BBB was all that bad......but thats not that high at all...compared to your client number. I haven't looked Nocster up ......but I would if I had to guess was around the same but I'm just guessing.

but they should let set the record straight somehow...if you hvae gone out of your way to settle the issue......
    Thank You
    ALS

The Thanksgiving Sale is now active, and the lower end servers have been listed on the NOCSTER sale page:
    http://www.nocster.net/sale.shtml

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration
    SmartHost™ - Intelligent Hosting! - Multiple Locations - US/EU! - Ultra-Fast NVME SSD VPS!

<< Just to clarify, are the servers listed in the presale at $79.95 and $89.95 managed or not? What exactly is your definition of a managed server? >>

Yes, all NOCSTER servers a FULLY MANAGED.

That is what makes them such a great deal.
    You may be able to find a cheaper server somewhere, but not managed, and not with CPanel as low as $19.95/month!

Our definateion of managed includes full management..we will do everything including daily system administration, software updates, kernal upgrades, security patches, hardware repair, etc...

We will not, custom write software for you, restore a whole operating system because you deleted it, set up your domains, etc...We will assist with such "abnomal support" requests for $65/hour. 99.5% of all issues we will assist you with though...

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration

If I buy a server now, can I add cPanel later for $19.95/month?

hey, I pre-ordered a server on 14th morning. still havent gotten any sort of confirmation. was worndering when will i get access info.

First batch of server access info emails are going out tonight. These are mostly the preorders and orders from this moring.

Tomorrow late afternoon will be another batch of emails for this afternoon's and tomorrow morning's orders...

Sean R.
    BurstNET
    System Administration

Thanks. Got the email. The speed is great.
    Thanks for the awesome deal !

Sean,
    Any chance you accept PayPal?

He mentioned in another thread, they do.
    There is no best host. There is only the host that's best for you.

Our queries

Sean,

Are the server availability figures live and can these be relied upon for ordering?

Pl. let me know as we wish to order but want to be sure if these areavailable, or else we may choose other....

However you may take your 24 hrs to set up, no probs.

Also pl let us know if we can rely upon "email only" for support. we are located overseas and may not use telephone for support.

Pl also answer our queries, as per our mail (referred in PM)

Originally posted by BurstNET
    << Just to clarify, are the servers listed in the presale at $79.95 and $89.95 managed or not? What exactly is your definition of a managed server? >>

Yes, all NOCSTER servers a FULLY MANAGED.

That is what makes them such a great deal.
    You may be able to find a cheaper server somewhere, but not managed, and not with CPanel as low as $19.95/month!

Can you explain to us how the plans you say are on sale are "fully managed" yet at the bottom of that sale page there is a link to your managed prices which are not such a good deal?

I'm referring to this page:

http://www.nocster.net/servers.shtml

Thanks for the clarification.

Regards,

Matt
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

Gump, are you talking about the link "High-End Managed Section" because that's just the high-end servers they offer but as far as managed goes I believe every server they offer is fully managed...
    Cory Cone
    www.XstreamHost.com

No,

It appears that they are manged, but if you scroll down right above the cpanel/WHM images you see a link to "Managed Server Section" which leads to confusion of these being fully managed.

See ya
    GlowHost → Affordable Managed Web Hosting Since 2002.
    ۪Cloud Servers- Hot Failover + Clustered Storage
    ¬Managed Dedicated Servers - Semi-Dedicated Servers
    ۪Shared & Reseller packages - 20 Min Ticket Response - 24/7/365 Phone & Live Chat

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast