Exclamation what are point on migration of hosting domain

what are point on migration of hosting domain

iam planing to move my hosting domain to new server

so point need to make

iam useing whmcs billing software,will i need to tell the mirgarion to client?

please suggest some points
    HostNotch Hosting Services 99.9% uptime Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting
    yajur | Sales Team
    CPanel Hosting R1 Soft Offsite-Backup Great Uptime
    http://hostnotch.com sales @ hostnotch.com

What control panel are you using? If you're using WHM/cPanel migrating is automated and is very easy to do. I am currently migrating 7 servers right now. There shouldn't be any downtime when you're moving your accounts.

You should surely notify your clients prior to moving their account as they need to know what is going on and it will save you a lot of support work during the move.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Quote Originally Posted by jrianto View Post
    What control panel are you using? If you're using WHM/cPanel migrating is automated and is very easy to do. I am currently migrating 7 servers right now. There shouldn't be any downtime when you're moving your accounts.

You should surely notify your clients prior to moving their account as they need to know what is going on and it will save you a lot of support work during the move.
    migration is not an issue,i stated that iam going to shift my hosting account only from one to another not all account

iam afraid that when client buy any package at time of migration he may point to old ip,so the other will be gone to old data base

so i should stop oder before migration and how long i should stop the new registration?
    yajur | Sales Team

Quote Originally Posted by yajur View Post
    migration is not an issue,i stated that iam going to shift my hosting account only from one to another not all account

iam afraid that when client buy any package at time of migration he may point to old ip,so the other will be gone to old data base

so i should stop oder before migration and how long i should stop the new registration?

Correct me if I'm wrong, but what your wanting to know is this:

Your wanting to change your domain servers and move the site to a new account/server with a different company, and you want to know if any of the people browsing your website buy a package during the transition, if they will not be able to purchase because you are migrating.

Correct?
    Not sure what to put here :-P

Quote Originally Posted by mooseweb View Post
    Correct me if I'm wrong, but what your wanting to know is this:

Your wanting to change your domain servers and move the site to a new account/server with a different company, and you want to know if any of the people browsing your website buy a package during the transition, if they will not be able to purchase because you are migrating.

Correct?
    let me explain it better my company hosting domain in server1 now i got new server2,so i need to shift only my company hosting(only 1 domain hostxweb.com) domain to server2

because i need to keep my hosting company account secure and haveing good uptime
    yajur | Sales Team

mooseweb has you right...it sounds like you are looking at changing 2 things potentially, but at a minimum 1.

To summarize...you have 2 servers. 1 is public, and 1 is private for internal company uses.

The public server is being moved to a new host so that you can have "good uptime". If that is the case, there is a 2 step process.

First you need to transfer any and all of the previous environment to the new host. Whether that is a cms, hard coded files, whatever applications and dependent files that you need to transfer...often done through an ftp protocol, but you can use some more secure methods such as well.

Second, after you verify that the new host is up and running, you will need to change what server the domain is pointing to, so that would be changing the DNS, which is done where you have purchased and whomever is controlling your domain. So, if you purchased your domain from GoDaddy or 1and1 or whatever, there you will change where the domain is pointing to, and that will then circulate around the world to the various DNS servers over the next few days.

That should be it though...not more complicated than that.
    www.kuzasneu.com
    Internet|Technology|Intellectual Property
    No comments, postings, or exchanges on this forum are intended to be nor shall they be viewed as constituting legal advice, nor does it establish a client attorney relationship. If you need legal advice, please contact your attorney.

your customers should keep informed.. whm/cpanel migration is easy one..
    WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider