Thread: UK dedi host

UK dedi host

Hi guys, I'm in need of a UK server at the moment and I've found this offering from for 125.

Dedicated 200 (

2U Rackmount Supermicro
    Intel Nehalem Xeon 2.66GHz
    6144Mb DDR3 ECC Memory
    1 x 500Gb 7200RPM SATAII
    5000Gb Monthly Transfer
    Monitoring with SMS Alerts
    Instant Remote Reboots

Now I'd add the raid array and a disk which makes it 140. It seems like a pretty nice deal to me. It's likely to be split into vps's and suchlike. UKservers seem to have a pretty good rep, but do you know of an offering that compares with rocksolid/great support levels?

Langley, BC
    I have a server with RapidSwitch and they just sent out a nice promo through email. It's celebrating their move to a new facility or something. Check em out.
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | | NowOpenOnline.Com

UKServers are fairly cheap for the high-end boxes. Might be worthing checking out RackSRV or Pound Host. The guys at get my recommendation also.
    Jason Scales | E: jason.scales(a)
    Web Hosting Manager - Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

That is indeed quite cheap. If your looking for unmanaged then as Jason said, check Pound Host or Rapidswitch.
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Great, thanks for the advice. It really seems like a great deal and so long as they can provide rapid hardware recovery/replacement then I dont really need any support for this server beyond that. I'll keep this updated once a decision has been made.