I need a host to serve out 1-4 kb static, gzipped HTML files

So yea I've got simple needs: I just need a host that can serve out 1-4kb static gzipped HTML files as quickly as possible with low variance (and obviously as little downtime as possible).

I've got about 50% users from the USA, 30% from Europe, 10% from Australia, and 10% from Asia with about 100k page loads a day and hopefully growing.

Currently I use Cloudfront and S3 (US bucket) to host these files but S3 can't handle index.html so I have to use some messy redirections and Cloudfront can take as long as 24 hours to propagate changes.

Thanks for the help

How much space and bandwidth are you using or will use?
    Do you have any budget in mind?
    Aspiration Hosting [US UK SG AU] - Cloud Web Hosting | Managed Cloud Server
    LiteMage / LiteSpeed Cache for Magento, WordPress, Joomla, Drupal & XenForo

Web Development Support Unmetered Bandwidth Aspiration CDN Magento Optimized

Take a look through the shared hosting offers section. There is alot of web hosting companies that will be able to handle your request as it is a very basic site by the sounds of things.

I read that the nginx web server is quite good at serving files. So, you might want to look into that, perhaps trying out a VPS and installing it? It will require technical knowledge doing this though.

nginx is very good but it's more of a custom solution (I don't know of any providers offering it in shared hosting) and LiteSpeed is very comparable to nginx in speed especially on static files.

If you run your own small server/vps then nginx would be a good solution but if you want to go with shared then you may want to look for litespeed as I've seen that it's much faster than apache (in most cases) when serving static content on the same system.

Quote Originally Posted by inktri View Post
    So yea I've got simple needs: I just need a host that can serve out 1-4kb static gzipped HTML files as quickly as possible with low variance (and obviously as little downtime as possible).

I've got about 50% users from the USA, 30% from Europe, 10% from Australia, and 10% from Asia with about 100k page loads a day and hopefully growing.

Currently I use Cloudfront and S3 (US bucket) to host these files but S3 can't handle index.html so I have to use some messy redirections and Cloudfront can take as long as 24 hours to propagate changes.

Thanks for the help
    Checkout simplecdn.com. They're a CDN that will provide great performance and a great price as well. Only .75 cents per GB of space and .04 cents per GB of transfer. One-time fee of $5 to setup a CNAME... but you can get a free trial that gives you a $15 balance to try them out.

Quote Originally Posted by ldcdc View Post
    I read that the nginx web server is quite good at serving files. So, you might want to look into that, perhaps trying out a VPS and installing it? It will require technical knowledge doing this though.
    That is good idea so far. But in any case that would be good idea as well to have ready VPS for such kind target. IMO
    ASPnix Web Hosting - ASP.NET, MS SQL, AJAX, Hyper-V
    Microsoft Hosting and Virtualization