Thumbs up FutureHosting experience

Hi all,

I wanted to share a very positive experience with FutureHosting (FH) with you.

We've been hosting with FH for about a year now on one of their VPS offerings. In recent months, we started to have some odd issues with the VPS not being able to handle the load, especially when stats were being processed or backups were being made. As I had always been happy with FH's support team (always fast to reply, always willing to help), I ordered a new, more beefed up VPS with them a week and a half ago.

In the weekend that we selected to make the move, Murphy ruled supreme. What should have been a couple of hours turned into 2.5 days of setbacks and on Sunday evening I said "let's call it a day, we'll try again in a couple of weeks time".

This decision was not made lightly. The past week was incredibly important for us as we were visiting a big expo (GamesCom, Germany) and would come back and post lots of new content on the site, which would inevitably lead to more visitors, thus greater load. So, with fingers crossed we hoped for the best.

That Tuesday, the server went down twice in two hours time. There I was, expecting to put more load on a server that obviously couldn't handle any more than it already was. I contacted FH and asked for help.

FH worked incredibly hard to put us on a node that we'd pretty much have to ourselves so that 1) we wouldn't be facing a dying server all the time and 2) we'd have time to migrate to the new VPS. Some 5 hours later, the switch was made with very little loss of data and maybe 10 minutes of downtime. The IP address was transferred as well, so I didn't even need to make DNS changes.

The temp server is performing fine (it's running circles around our traffic) and completely stable. I'll soon be re-activating the transfer request for the move to the new VPS, but I almost hate to leave this temp machine that has treated us so well.

FutureHosting went out of their way to help us out when we needed it most. Big kudos to them, and I'd highly recommend them if you are in need of a new host.

Thanks FH!

Great review! It's always a pleasure hearing such wonderful customer feedback / reviews about a company. I hope your relationship with the company continues. Please, keep us updated as your time progresses with the company. Best of luck!
    We develop brand identity for the web.
    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Services ~ Custom Web Design, Branding & Identity, Development, Hosting & more!
    Portfolio ~ Websites, User Interfaces, Widgets & more!

One thing which puzzles me about this is why the upgrade required transfer to a different VPS, rather than upgrading the current one? I suppose there's more about this than was mentioned...

Besides that, it's great to know that despite the problems you experienced in terms of uptime, the efforts on FutureHosting's side were not unnoticed - it means a lot when customers go out of their way to express gratitude like this and helps make such efforts feel worthwhile (i.e. it's always nice to know that your hard work is appreciated). Also nice to read some positive stuff on here for a change since the loudest voices (on any forum) are always those of complaint.
    UK, Chicago, & Singapore Fully Managed Plesk VPS
    UK, Arizona & Singapore Jelastic Java, PHP & Ruby PaaS

Comprehensive SLAs, backups, full SSD, rebootless kernel updates.
    Experienced managed hosting provider since 2001. True 24x7 Support & Server Management

Quote Originally Posted by Layershift Damien View Post
    One thing which puzzles me about this is why the upgrade required transfer to a different VPS, rather than upgrading the current one? I suppose there's more about this than was mentioned...

Besides that, it's great to know that despite the problems you experienced in terms of uptime, the efforts on FutureHosting's side were not unnoticed - it means a lot when customers go out of their way to express gratitude like this and helps make such efforts feel worthwhile (i.e. it's always nice to know that your hard work is appreciated). Also nice to read some positive stuff on here for a change since the loudest voices (on any forum) are always those of complaint.
    He is upgrading to a Hybrid VPS in a different datacenter which would require an IP change. There are multiple ways to go about the upgrade; however, the one that was chosen was to move into a new VPS in the other location.
    http://www.futurehosting.com
    Managed, Unmanaged VPS, Dedicated Servers, CDN
    Available locations: Australia, Amsterdam, Detroit, London, Santa Clara, Miami

Quote Originally Posted by futurehosting View Post
    He is upgrading to a Hybrid VPS in a different datacenter which would require an IP change. There are multiple ways to go about the upgrade; however, the one that was chosen was to move into a new VPS in the other location.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I said there must be more to it

Good job with the recommendation too - must be very pleased to receive their acknowledgement of the hard work you guys put in for this customer.
    UK, Chicago, & Singapore Fully Managed Plesk VPS
    UK, Arizona & Singapore Jelastic Java, PHP & Ruby PaaS

Comprehensive SLAs, backups, full SSD, rebootless kernel updates.
    Experienced managed hosting provider since 2001. True 24x7 Support & Server Management