MySQL Backup Routine

hello,
    ok im looking for a better way to backup my mysql dbs, my main server is running windows so therefore i cant use the normal autopmysqlbackup shell script i use on my hosting servers. though i am using said script to do a remote db backup of this server at the moment, does anyone know how to do a backup in windows that will backup all mysql dbs to seperate files every 12 hours preferably that only keeps said backups for 1 month then deletes oldest.

windows cli or php is fine (can schedule php scripts to run at x time )

Quote Originally Posted by NWSTech View Post
    hello,
    ok im looking for a better way to backup my mysql dbs, my main server is running windows so therefore i cant use the normal autopmysqlbackup shell script i use on my hosting servers. though i am using said script to do a remote db backup of this server at the moment, does anyone know how to do a backup in windows that will backup all mysql dbs to seperate files every 12 hours preferably that only keeps said backups for 1 month then deletes oldest.

windows cli or php is fine (can schedule php scripts to run at x time )
    I suggest you will setup replication to some linux box, where windows mysql is master box and linux box is slave, and take backup in off peak timings from slave mysql server.

i dont have a spare linux server lying around to do that. just need to find a way to do scheduled backups of the dbs on server

Ben Lenard, MS, MBA
    TechMinds 4 Hire, Inc - (866) 214-1285 x 2001
    http://www.tm4h.com

this server is not mission critical enough to warrent the cost of a proper backup solution, its got a raid 1 array sitting doing nothing currently that id liek to use to hold the backups if i can work out how to do it

mysqldump comes with the Windows install, you could write a batch script to pull each database and save to a file, with a date in the name so that it won't over write it.

A quick google search found this:

http://bytes.com/topic/mysql/answers...ndows-bat-file

Be sure to read the page, the original post had several errors that were corrected in replies. There are quite a few posts on how to create the windows batch file to run a mysqldump.

Hope this helps.