Solid Host Required + 100Mbit Unmetered Port

Hi,

am currently with LW - there hosting has been solid - i can't fault it for a second.

However, last month i went through almost 5TB of bandwidth, so i upgraded to a 20Mbit unmetered port, which gives me around 6.4TB of bandwidth. However, now as kind of expected, i have my customers complaining of slow download speeds!

Currently am paying around $850 for a solid high spec server, lots of memory, quad core processors, 1 TB raid 1 disks etc etc, plus a 20Mbit unmetered port.

Cost of a 100Mbit port is $2100/month :-(

Am just wondering what other solid hosting providers are out there, who are offer 100/1000Mbit unmetered ports, since i may consider moving over to something else.

Thanks

Pricing will differ from provider to provider, based on their network quality and your contract length. Be sure to ask for a quote, though it doesn't seem like you need to pay for a full 100mbps unmetered line, and could do with less.
    478east
    High Bandwidth Servers
    Custom Hosting Solutions

Ever considered to look at a CDN solution to make your customers download even faster from the location they are in; and not to worry about the speeds; just the bandwidth ? If i look at the current budget you have; this should be a viable solution; of course i am not aware of your other needs.
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

I've looked into CDN before, but there all very expensive to me!

LW does not charge 2100$ for 100 mbit unmetered, as far as i know. I cannot imagine that they do. Maybe you should try to talk with them about it. Dedicated 100 mbit unmetered in NL is usually between 100 - 400 euro / month (ex server).
    Swiftway.net Your Business deserves our Quality - Experts on Hand since 2005. Europe & US locations, we operate our own network AS35017
    Unbeatable dedicated bandwidth deals for Dedicated servers ! Support response time <15 minutes 24/7

Check out FDCServers... They specialize in unmetered boxes and their pricing is awesome.

I've got an Atom with them in Denver and the network has been pretty good. Support is relatively quick as well.
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    Windows VPS // Dedicated Servers // Backup Services
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

You should have a look at Choopa, they have an awesome network and host many large bandwidth websites.

http://www.choopa.com/unmetered_servers/
    Jacob Wall - GetCloak.com

Quote Originally Posted by Jacob Wall View Post
    You should have a look at Choopa, they have an awesome network and host many large bandwidth websites.

http://www.choopa.com/unmetered_servers/
    Aren't Choopa under some sort of law suite right now?
    Daniel | Server Complete, LLC
    Windows VPS // Dedicated Servers // Backup Services
    Wholly owned hardware and self operated network (AS19531) in Jacksonville, FL

Where are your customers located? If US than take a look at www.10tb.com - 10tb bandwidth, 1Gbps port and a cracking network.

Quote Originally Posted by SeedBit View Post
    Where are your customers located? If US than take a look at www.10tb.com - 10tb bandwidth, 1Gbps port and a cracking network.
    Bloody hell - that is a fantastic deal!!!

Customers are all over the world

You can find quality, dedicated 100Mbps of bandwidth with equal spec server to what you currently have for well under $1000/mo these days. Keep shopping!!!
    Fast Serv Networks, LLC | AS29889 | Fully Managed Cloud, Streaming, Dedicated Servers, Colo by-the-U
    Since 2003 - Ashburn VA + San Diego CA Datacenters

Sorry, but I thought that 10tb.com is a reseller of softlayer.com (according to dns they are

Quote Originally Posted by Billingchamp View Post
    Sorry, but I thought that 10tb.com is a reseller of softlayer.com (according to dns they are
    Yes they are. You get SoftLayer quality at a much lower price .

yup ... 10tb.com is reselling softlayer (and vps.net). With more bandwidth and lower prices though - Which to most people would be a good thing
    Ditlev Bredahl. CEO,
    OnApp.com & SolusVM.com + Cloud.net & CDN.net

Take a look at FDCServers or 10TB. Both are rocksolid providers.

For large scale servers also check out Webnx.com.
    André Allen | E: aallen(a)linovus.ca
    Linovus Holdings Inc
    Shared Hosting, Reseller Hosting, VPS, Dedicated Servers & Public Cloud | USA, Canada & UK - 24x7x365 Support

I really advise you to make a google search about Webnx.com and FDCServers or 10TB.

Again, I would suggest 10TB.com - I believe they are still running a 100mbit upgrade for $350/mo.

Quote Originally Posted by 3sgte_power View Post
    I've looked into CDN before, but there all very expensive to me!
    VPS.NET have a cheap CDN service you can look at. It is $1000 for 20TB bandwidth, which is the average usage for 100Mbps port.
    LIMENEX WEB HOSTING
    Affordable High Performance Web Hosting in United States & United Kingdom
    Web Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed VPS | Managed Dedicated Servers | Cheap SSL Certificates