Anyone Still Having Problems w/ VPSRight?

Anyone else here still having a problem with their site at VPSRight?

Like everyone else who is hosted there, mine has been down countless hours over and over again these past few weeks.

Now, though they said everything was up and running again last night, my site went offline around 6PM this evening and has never come back online. It's now Midnight.

I've sent numerous emails along with several tickets, and the only real support response I got was:

"I am forwarding your request to the senior admin. You will get updated soon."

That was nearly two hours ago.

It's late, I'm calling it a night. But first thing in the AM I am moving.

This is so far beyond ridiculous that I really can't even comment any further.

Do they provide managed services?

do they offer a control panel for you VPS ? (not like cPanel/WHM, something like HyperVM used to be)

I apologize for the response time you experienced. I just found your ticket and there was a note on it for me to deal with something, however, it was not needed.

I have spoken with the techs about leaving tickets for so long since it causes so many problems.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

We were having alot of problems, but they have been doing good here as of late. There was alot of downtime earlier this month, but they offered a free month to those affected. I think I'll stick for them for awhile if they keep up the good service.

Here we go again. Down for over an hour now!

Can't access vpsright.com from my end.

just-ping.com results

Amsterdam3, Netherlands: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Amsterdam2, Netherlands: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Florida, U.S.A.: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Hong Kong, China: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Sydney, Australia: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    New York, U.S.A.: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Stockholm, Sweden: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Santa Clara, U.S.A.: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Vancouver, Canada: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Krakow, Poland: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    London, United Kingdom: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Madrid, Spain: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Cagliari, Italy: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Singapore, Singapore: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Austin, U.S.A.: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Cologne, Germany: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Munchen, Germany: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Amsterdam, Netherlands: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Paris, France: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Shanghai, China: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Melbourne, Australia: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Copenhagen, Denmark: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Lille, France: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    San Francisco, U.S.A.: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Chicago, U.S.A.: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Zurich, Switzerland: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Johannesburg, South Africa: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Mumbai, India: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Nagano, Japan: Unknown host: vpsright.com
    Haifa, Israel: Unknown host: vpsright.com

Thank you for pointing that out.

I've been up all night rebooting the damn thing and I fell asleep, I know that's not professional and all but hey, a guys gotta sleep.

We attempting to migrate everyone onto a new node. This doesn't mean you'll need new IPs.

All VPS servers are booting up now.

"All VPS servers are booting up now."
    My site as well as the VPSRight site are still down.
    I feel for you, I really do. But here's the thing.

I'm trying to get a new business off the ground. My site is hosted on your server which has been going down now for the last two weeks, nearly every night.

I keep trying to be nice, to give you and your company the benefit of the doubt and hang in there. But this is happening time after time after time. And it's always for some new different reason.

And, when my site is down, it's not just for a few minutes here and there. My sites are down for hours at a time.

Tonight I've been down repeatedly since around 8:30 CST, or at least that's when I first noticed it. It's 2:00 AM now.

I've got advertising with Google, Yahoo, and Facebook, and two referral sites. Everytime this happens I jump frantically into each of these accounts and pause my ads so that I am not paying for clicks that don't go anywhere.

Today, though, it was been brought to my attention that these constant interruptions for hours at a time could be devestating to my page ranks with Google and Yahoo. That's something I had never thought about before, and quite frankly this is where I have to draw the line.

This is tough on you, I know. I'm trying to be human about it too. But the fact of the matter is you are ruining my business.

I understand your concern Ron.

We are doing all we can and at the moment, all the IPs are failing every hour.

We were told by various people on here to run FSCK, which is what we are doing now hopefully to stop all these issues.

As you can see, you are not the only one affected and it is also ruining our business.

Quote Originally Posted by fortune81 View Post
    ... My site is hosted on your server which has been going down now for the last two weeks, nearly every night.
    Maybe its time to throw in the towel and outsource the repair to someone else.

I have been with VPSRight for a few months now. and there has been a few downtimes I have seen but since the transfer to their new data centre my VPS uptime has been great. I just hope they keep it up.

OK. FSCK has ran and completed successfully. All VPS servers are loading up now.

We will continue to monitor the system.

Quote Originally Posted by VPSRight View Post
    T
    I've been up all night rebooting the damn thing and I fell asleep, I know that's not professional and all but hey, a guys gotta sleep.
    YOU DO NOT SLEEP WHEN YOUR NODE IS DOWN.

For the love of god man.

That's what they made coffee for.

LOL I find that funny.

Considering I haven't slept properly for almost a month it just so happens that I fall asleep on my laptop whilst rebooting a server.

Sorry!
    Last edited by VPSRight; 08-29-2009 at 09:07 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by fortune81 View Post
    "All VPS servers are booting up now."
    My site as well as the VPSRight site are still down.
    I feel for you, I really do. But here's the thing.

I'm trying to get a new business off the ground. My site is hosted on your server which has been going down now for the last two weeks, nearly every night.

I keep trying to be nice, to give you and your company the benefit of the doubt and hang in there. But this is happening time after time after time. And it's always for some new different reason.

And, when my site is down, it's not just for a few minutes here and there. My sites are down for hours at a time.

Tonight I've been down repeatedly since around 8:30 CST, or at least that's when I first noticed it. It's 2:00 AM now.

I've got advertising with Google, Yahoo, and Facebook, and two referral sites. Everytime this happens I jump frantically into each of these accounts and pause my ads so that I am not paying for clicks that don't go anywhere.

Today, though, it was been brought to my attention that these constant interruptions for hours at a time could be devestating to my page ranks with Google and Yahoo. That's something I had never thought about before, and quite frankly this is where I have to draw the line.

This is tough on you, I know. I'm trying to be human about it too. But the fact of the matter is you are ruining my business.
    I am sure you will learn from your mistakes, don't put a critcal busniess on a low budget VPS. Honestly it would be worth your time and money and just find a CHEAP atom as you your risk of going down will be reduced alot. We started our company on reseller hosting then moved to a VPS and now of course we are on a pretty nice dedicated server but if I ever started another busniess down the road I would start with a dedicated server right away.

You have no busniess if your site is down

"You have no busniess if your site is down"
    Nothing is more true.

The funny thing is I'm not a noob to being online, my same site (save one name change) has been up and online since August '96 when we were hosted in a subdirectory or our hosts' server and had a cgi 'shopping cart' where people had to calculate their own quantities, order totals and shipping costs in order to place an order. Aaah, the good old days.

Then in '98 we moved to ValueWeb which came with Miva Merchant, and our product line grew from around two dozen items to around 3,000. A lot of work getting all that setup in Miva - and a lot of add-on modules to buy.

In 2001 we moved to in-house hosting, running Apache/MySQL on Windows 2000 Server. Changed to X-cart and had to manually re-enter all products into the new MySQL db.

I semi-'retired' in 2006 after selling a six-figure domain name. The site remained online, but I didn't actively promote it and we had virtually no business for the next couple of years.

In 2008 I stayed in-house but moved to a Linux server running lxAdmin. I, for one, loved lxAdmin.

The point of all this is that during all these years we had virtually no downtime whatsoever. In particular, once we moved to in-house hosting, we were always up and running.

In May of this year I decided to focus my efforts on one of my old sites and get it back up and profitable again.

Then in June the tragedy at lxLabs hit.

With no viable alternative for in-house hosting we started looking for an outside host.

As someone suggested, I very nearly went with a dedi from BodHost, although iWeb was in the running too, when I came across an offer from VPSRight.

After a week or so of looking I chose VPSRight, yes, based on the $60 per month fee, which was $40 per month less than the best price I could find on a dedi from a reliable host.

To me, after not paying a hosting fee since 2001, it was difficult to know that I would have to pay $60 per month.

But I did and now here we are.

I realize that staying here and complaining about the problems with the service is like beating a dead horse with a stick.

I do have to give you credit though, John. You seem to be in it for the long run and I feel sure that once these bugs are ironed out that your company will have great success. You have always been polite as well and I appreciate that.

For my business' sake though, it's time for me to move on. So as of this afternoon I have moved to a new host.

As such I hope you will see fit to refund the $61 (+-) that I paid five days ago for the upcoming month. Much of the time since I made the payment (and before) my site has been down anyway. I don't think that's too much to ask, considering all the problems. Seems to me to be the right thing to do.

Ron,

The refund has been requested. Since it is the weekend, it may not be processed until Monday morning (GMT).

Good luck with the future!

Thank you, John. Best of luck to you as well.