Thumbs down United Colo experience.

These crooks will cancel your server if they can't authorize your card. I use a PayPal debit card and it was locked for security reasons on the same day that united colo attempted to bill my card for the dedicated server. They never bothered attempted to try again the next day. After they unplugged it they decided to ignore any e-mails I sent. I recommend not using them.

Last edited by Chicken; 11-13-2002 at 10:26 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Sorry yo hear that man; I hope you get another provider a.s.a.p.

I was going to get a box there but now... I sure will doubt about it.
      0 Not allowed!

heh, i called united colo a few days ago to enquire as to how they handle abuse complaints.

If they get a complaint that a website has a copyrighted image, they unplug your server untill you telephone their "24/7 support line" (which is only available 8 hours a day if you are lucky) so they can plug it back in to make sure you have removed that client.

It sounds to me like a one man show, no matter how much VC they have, it is still poorly setup and run by one guy (or perhaps a handfull)

It's a bit of a joke really
      0 Not allowed!

MicroFX: What happened is awful but please don't use the word "scam". Scam would be if they debit your card succesfully and STILL wouldn't provide service. But what happened to you sux bigtime I must admit. I HATE HATE HATE providers that shut you off like they smash flies in their office

fernandodl: I am getting a 49$ box for DNS and I don't think DNS will be of an issue ever. I put UnitedColo in the same category as RackShack: Hosting mission critical with them is suicide. Truth is btw that the only really really PRO around here (and role model to me) is porcupine of prioritycolocation...

hosticle: It IS a joke really BUT "one man show" is not a bad thing! I know a lot who are absolutely fine.
    Last edited by Chicken; 11-13-2002 at 10:25 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

These scammers will cancel your server if they can't authorize your card.
    What do you mean? they can't charge your card?
      0 Not allowed!

Re: United Colo experience.

Originally posted by MicroFX
    These crooks will cancel your server if they can't authorize your card.
    I have edited your thread title as your post does NOT explain why this company is a crook or scam artist.

They couldn't charge your card. Thus, they didn't provide you service. I'm not so sure what is so hard to put together about that, however, if you walk up to any store with merchandise and your card is denied I guarantee they won't let you take home the items. Doesn't make them crooks, it makes them not idiots. Please use some common sense.
    HostHideout.com - Where professionals discuss web hosting.

Chicken
      0 Not allowed!