Thumbs up Please review our new site !

Hello all,

Please have a look at our new site www.datarepublic.net

It is still being tweaked.

Please let us know what you think, general comments are welcome.

Thanks !
    Data Republic - UK Managed Servers - Server Management - Managed Backup/R1Soft
    Follow us on Twitter to get exclusive sales & updates.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Design is fine, the code could use some optimizing.

Details:
    http://rawrgv.com/?v=cleanit.png

Thanks for the comment, at the moment more focused on getting feedback on the design & layout as well as how it performs for you.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I guess what I meant was the 7-10 second page loads, you have ten java scripts loading slowing up the works.

my bad

Edit:
    http://rawrgv.com/?v=yslow.png

This load was bad at over 33 seconds, could be your location relative to me.
    Last edited by MikeTrike; 08-26-2009 at 03:37 PM.

That's very odd all our testing this end has been with 1 - 3 second page loads. Including users and automated tests across the globe.
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

1. Your subpages are inconsistent. Some have that large header image while others do not. I would recommend that you only have that large header on the home page, and go with a smaller one on all subpages. I kind of understand why you have that Flash file on your home page plus on 3 of the sub pages. However, it is just too confusing. Better to make ALL subpages the same format.

2. On subpages, the title is waaay too large.

3. You have way too many different font sizes on your subpages. Looks very unbalanced.

4. The Support link top right does not work.

5. No Privacy Statement. No TOS. No money back guarantee statement. No FAQ.

HTH.

Vito
    DemoDemo.com - Flash tutorials since 2002
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

What part of the world are you in? I'm in Texas running on a mediocre AT&T T1 circuit.

Quote Originally Posted by vito View Post
    1. Your subpages are inconsistent. Some have that large header image while others do not. I would recommend that you only have that large header on the home page, and go with a smaller one on all subpages. I kind of understand why you have that Flash file on your home page plus on 3 of the sub pages. However, it is just too confusing. Better to make ALL subpages the same format.

2. On subpages, the title is waaay too large.

3. You have way too many different font sizes on your subpages. Looks very unbalanced.

4. The Support link top right does not work.

5. No Privacy Statement. No TOS. No money back guarantee statement. No FAQ.

HTH.

Vito
    Hi Vito,

Thanks for the feedback.

1. I agree all the pages are being made consistent, this is just part of the revisions.
    2. Again same as above
    3. Certainly there should only be 1 or 2.
    4. This is just a link to be updated.
    5. There is a link in the footer to the tos etc.

As we are still going over the text and things like you have mentioned I'm really interested in your thoughts of the overall design and if you experience the supposed loading issues that the other poster had.

Thanks
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Your site loads instantly for me in Fx, about 2 seconds in IE and about 4-5 seconds in Opera.

Vito
    DemoWolf.com - 5,300+ Flash tutorials for hosting companies, incl. Voice tutorials

Thanks Vito, do you like the design ? (apart from the points you have pointed out of course).
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

I'm getting about 4.4 seconds on my home connection. However its 20Mb burst vs 1.5Mb dedicated.

Quote Originally Posted by DATARTIM View Post
    Thanks Vito, do you like the design ? (apart from the points you have pointed out of course).
    Yes, I do. It looks nice and clean and crisp. However, in the actual content of your pages, mainly the home page, I see a distinct lack of "calls to action". You need to display some very prominent links that draw the visitor deeper into the site. Otherwise, you will end up with a lot of "one page" visitors who visit the home page and then hit the back button. Give them something enticing to click on to want to learn more about your services.

I recently redesigned my site with this important point in mind, and have noticed significant difference in pagecount per visitor.

Vito

Thanks, we are a UK company and everything is hosted in the UK.

Loading under 3 seconds is "acceptable".
    R1Soft Agents Monthly !

Quote Originally Posted by DATARTIM View Post
    Thanks, we are a UK company and everything is hosted in the UK.

Loading under 3 seconds is "acceptable".
    That makes more sense, in that case 4.4 seconds here is good also

I like the design in general, but the font sizes really need changing. I would also add a Search bar.