We have a vacancy for a Level 2 technician in our central Leeds (United Kingdom) office. I stress again, this is not a remote position and only available to people who are willing to come into our Leeds office to work.
The job itself will involve answering customer queries via Phone, LiveChat and Ticket.
* A good understanding of Linux.
* A good understand of Windows Server 2003/2008
* Comfortable performing any WHM/cPanel task.
* Comfortable performing any Plesk task.
* Comfortable performing any DNP task.
*Customer Service Requirements:*
* Ability to write and speak in an easy to understand way.
* Patient while dealing with customers who have zero technical knowledge.
* A team player capable of working with others to achieve goals.
*Although not required, people with the below skills will be considered favourably.
* Excellent understanding of iptables.
* Good understanding of Virtuozzo.
* Good understanding of FreeBSD/OpenBSD
* Good understanding of Linux Kernel.
As we do host some adult websites, we regret that we are unable to consider anyone under the age of 18. This is also a full time job, so it isn't available to students or other people seeking part time work.
Working hours are 09:00 -17:00 Monday-Friday, with an hour for lunch at 12:00.
Start Date: 02/11/2009
Salary: Dependant on skills and experience.
Holidays: 28 paid holiday days per year, excluding bank holidays.
1. Is this a commission paid job or paid per ticket job?
:- No, you are paid a set monthly salary on the last Friday of each month.
2. Is full training provided?
:- Training is provided in the use of our internal systems and procedures. The technical requirements are outlined above and you will be tested on your knowledge before employment starts. A probationary period of 3 months also applies.
3. How much does the job pay?
:- I hate to be vague, but the salary really does depend on experience, skills and even qualifications. Well in excess of the national minimum wage, even for people with the minimum requirements.
WEBHOSTING UK COM LIMITED
That may be possible in the very unlikely event that we can't fill the job locally. WHT was the first call because it is obviously frequented by the right type of person. Nearer the start time, if no luck from here, it will just go in the papers like our usual customer service jobs.