Web Hosting in the Netherlands

Can anyone recommend any hosting in NL? Most sites are in Dutch to I can't really advise my brother who to use as I don't speak Dutch.

I'm looking for someone who can offer a reseller type account - plesk, multi-domains / sites (need 5 currently) etc.

Any recommendations?

Thanks,

Nick
    Gushy

Hello Nick,

Can I ask what your requirements are in the sense of Bandwidth and Space & What type of budget you have. Without any experience I cannot recommend you a Webhost, Though Patrick from 040Hosting and Dan from Ezpz are quite active here on WHT.

Perhaps have a Search for EU Hosts in the Search Bar!

Good Luck
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

There's a few popular ones floating around.

Leaseweb
    Ecatel
    WorldStream

Thanks for the replies. I'll have a look at those providers.

So I've advised my brother that he needs to pick up a package that will allow the following:

• Number of Sites: 5
    • Number of Domains: 6 (multiple domains per site)
    • Number of Sub-Domains: Unlimited.
    • Number of Email addresses: Unlimited per domain with spam / anti-virus filtering.
    • Control Panel (eg. Plesk) to control all sites / domains / emails from one location
    • Disk Space: 5Gb+
    • Bandwidth (Monthly): 10Gb+

So I currently host all my brother's sites on my VPS. I reckon he should be able to get a reseller type package (needs to be a reseller type package for the multiple domains) for around €35 p/m
    Gushy

+1 For Leaseweb, they are an established and healthy Dutch company.

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    Hello Nick,

Can I ask what your requirements are in the sense of Bandwidth and Space & What type of budget you have. Without any experience I cannot recommend you a Webhost, Though Patrick from 040Hosting and Dan from Ezpz are quite active here on WHT.

Perhaps have a Search for EU Hosts in the Search Bar!

Good Luck
    While we are indeed a dutch company, we only do have servers in Germany and the US. Also we do not offer plesk, only cPanel.

Same as Patrick, our servers are in the UK and US and we only offer cPanel. We stopped offering Plesk quite a while back.
    Last edited by Dan - Purely Website; 08-26-2009 at 11:03 AM.

cPanel / Plesk makes no odds as they are both user-friendly, however the location of the servers is an issue.

However I'm moving my own hosting from the US back to the UK, so Dan I might go check out your company's offering for myself!
    Gushy

Quote Originally Posted by Gushy View Post
    cPanel / Plesk makes no odds as they are both user-friendly, however the location of the servers is an issue.
    For some it does matter which CP is used .. location is another thing of course; may i ask why you need an account on a dutch server and i.e. not a server connected to the AMS-IX; if it is because of certain legal rules be aware there have been some court rulings today regarding torrent sites which you may want to review first
    » cPanel Servers in Europe: Strasbourg (FR), Haarlem & Amsterdam (NL) & Kent (UK), USA (Los Angeles, St.Louis), Asia (Singapore) | Follow us at Twitter: @040hosting
    »
    Shared | Reseller | (managed) Dedicated Hosting | Domain Registrar | SSL Registrar | Cloudlinux Partner| 040Hosting (Registered company #17093425 KVK Eindhoven, The Netherlands)

No it's not for torrent sites or anything like that.

I'm purely interested in the location for SEO purposes, my understanding is that localised search engines - eg. google.nl google.co.uk etc - your positioning in the results will be helped by being hosted in country.
    Gushy

Are you looking for dedicated servers or reseller hosting? Bandwidth requirements?

No it's not for torrent sites or anything like that.

I'm purely interested in the location for SEO purposes, my understanding is that localised search engines - eg. google.nl google.co.uk etc - your positioning in the results will be helped by being hosted in country.
    Using a localized domain extension such as .nl will do the trick no matter where the site is hosted and signing up for Google WebMaster Tools (it's free) and setting your region will do the trick as far as Google is concerned as well.

Really there's not much need to locate the site *in* the region for SEO but there is always good reason for latency.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

@Dan and 040, The only reason I brought you guys up was being the fact you are the only two companies who in my honest opinion seem quite reputable and are very active here. The other reason was because you are the only two companies that I know who are in the location of preference.

Sean
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

bentink: I think dedicated is far more than my brother will need. reseller hosting will do him fine. Bandwidth requirements are minimal, at the moment he's shifting less than 1Gb, so any reseller package I've ever seen would be adequate.

MikeDVB: So it seems my quick google on whether site location mattered was not thorough enough. Thanks for correcting me.
    Gushy

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    @Dan and 040, The only reason I brought you guys up was being the fact you are the only two companies who in my honest opinion seem quite reputable and are very active here. The other reason was because you are the only two companies that I know who are in the location of preference.

Sean
    Thanks Sean - was much appreciated

bentink: I think dedicated is far more than my brother will need. reseller hosting will do him fine. Bandwidth requirements are minimal, at the moment he's shifting less than 1Gb, so any reseller package I've ever seen would be adequate.

MikeDVB: So it seems my quick google on whether site location mattered was not thorough enough. Thanks for correcting me.
    Some say the IP location of the server has impact on geo-targeting but honestly I have no idea on it.

Hi Nick,

The requirements you have posted are pretty standard and any Dutch web host can meet them. Comanies in netherlands are very good compared to those in any other countries. This includes the reliability of the service and customer support. You have various option to find a good web hosting in Netherlands and one of them is to use the WHT's "Advanced Search" option. Searching in SE or visiting any popular Dutch hosting and webmaster forums is also a good idea.

My advice would be not to focus on tech features, as far as any web host can provide cPanel or Plesk powered Reseller account and web hosting in general. More important however is the network and connectivity as well as the whole framework of the hosting service (including the support you want to receive).

There is nothing much to say. However I suggest you to compare the providers instead of just going with any, without spending some time in researching the market.
    HostColor.com Edge Infrastructure - US Dedicated Servers & Europe Dedicated Hostingsince 2000
    In 50 U.S. Edge Data Centers & 80 POPs worldwide
    24/7 Support ★★ Support Tickets - LiveChat - Phone

Certainly I assumed that most would be able to provide the specs and prices would be comparable to what I would pay here in the UK.

Neither my borther or his staff are particularly tech savvy so the level of support that the hosting company can provide is important (one of the reasons for going with a company in NL is because their core business hours will be the same as his) and the companies reputation is very important.

The latter reason is why I posted here. As I don't live in NL I know nothing of NL hosting companies, so was looking for recommendations.
    Gushy