Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Domain name importance?

Hey,

Do you think having a domain name with "host", "hoster", or "hosting" is very important? In terms of SEO and over all credibility?

Thanks,
    Zain Dhanani

Well from a quick Google search and from the top of my head, yes.

No. If your target market is local the search engines might help and whatever you need to do can be done by building links. If its not, its too competitive to worry about. Rather choose a domain name that is going to stick. Something that will help you convert whatever traffic you might get from networking.

Yes, as i know and evaluate that if you have your main keyword into your Domain Name, then it will sure effect your website overall credibility on internet.

As Google and other search engines always give preference to the words (keywords) which you are used in your website URL. (Just like Static links always having greater weightage in comparison of dynamic links)

So i would like to suggest if you are searching for any new domain name then before taking the same you should do your home work to get the valuable Domain Name to make your website search engine friendly.

Cheers!!!

All good points. I ended up going with something brandable and contains "hosting" in it.

Thanks for all the help.

With Regards,
    Zain Dhanani

Do main names are important i think because it adds credibility to your business. Having your own domain name makes your company look professional.

Yes, I thinks its make some difference in point of the business view. Its sounds the word host,hoster, hosting in domainname to be business oriented in this profession. So I think its will definitely make difference in term of SEO.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

If the keyword or keyphrase you will be targeting in terms of getting ranked high in the search engines is in your root domain, then it is definitely beneficial in terms of SEO.

How important? Do you choose a lame domain name simply because you are entering a maket where you haven't got a hope in hell of ever getting ranked? Is it more important than title tag and back links? How many key words can you stuff into a domain? Surelythis must be a consideration as no web site is ever going to target one key word and one key word only. Is it really such a critical factor?

The reason I ask,
    Is cause of so many successful web hosts that have nothing to do with hosting in their names.
    And like some of you mentioned, you can't really compete for page one as it is.

I settled on one though.

Thanks for all the helpful feedback.

Quote Originally Posted by rainchild View Post
    How important? Do you choose a lame domain name simply because you are entering a maket where you haven't got a hope in hell of ever getting ranked? Is it more important than title tag and back links? How many key words can you stuff into a domain? Surelythis must be a consideration as no web site is ever going to target one key word and one key word only. Is it really such a critical factor?
    I'm not sure if your questions are directed towards me...I'm assuming not since I never said it was "important" to choose a "lame domain" in efforts to get ranked in a highly competitive market such as hosting. If your questions are directed towards me, I was simply stating it is certainly beneficial to have your keywords or keyphrases in the root domain being used; meaning it will help more than hurt. It is not critical.

I will definitely agree on choosing a domain name that brandable. I also agree the title and backlinks are very important at this time.

Sorry if that sounded critical. It wasn't intended to be. But I do belive its important to qualify whatever position you take and to offer a practical solution rather than just relay stuff thats merely nearly technically correct.

A well-defined domain name can provide tremendous advantages for an online business, including the added benefit of boosting performance in the search engines. Simple, easily-recognized domains convey professionalism and trust to search engine users.

Just as important, however, is the fact that businesses can extend their reach in the search engines through a generic domain name, or through a domain that uses a country specific extension to provide localized results to potential customer.

I agree with jigna_faria

Cheers!!!

The one does not always follow the other. The question was whether a webmaster should choose a key word rich domain name or something a bit more sensible. And the quick answer is that you don't want to mangle your sites domain name for what is a marginal benefit in the search results, at best.

Quote Originally Posted by TechHunter View Post
    I agree with jigna_faria

Cheers!!!
    Thanks for the support!!

Cheers back!

Quote Originally Posted by TechHunter View Post
    I agree with jigna_faria

Cheers!!!
    And what was the point he made?

Yes, domain name play a huge roll in SEO. Having a strong domain name is not only beneficial for branding, but also in the SERPS. Say later down the road you want to do PPC, having a relevant domain name to your product would help.

it really does not matter
    i have an Arabic site with totally different domain name from the site content meaning
    my site works great and my visitor well know the site

Quote Originally Posted by zaindhanani View Post
    The reason I ask,
    Is cause of so many successful web hosts that have nothing to do with hosting in their names.
    Defies logic doesn't it?

I don't really think there is much point in having host in the domain if you are only doing it for SEO. There are so many web hosts out there I doubt you will ever get onto the first page for "Web Hosting".

you can check by adword tool and evaluate the comptition on by the number of pages which will apear on the top right when u search by in google after that choose the beter result for u

Having an exact match domain helps a lot but that doesn't mean that your rankings will be secured, not by a long shot. Everything else being equal (domain age, backlinks etc.), the site which has an exact match domain will always be end up being on top.

I think having keywords in your domain name play a very big part in SEO although not all people would agree with me on this.

Here's an example;
    Code:
    vpshosting.net
    Ranks 4th on google for rather competitive keyword (vps hosting). And as you can see it's only a single page with few links going to the parent company, far from SEO optimized and with little to no backlinks. But it's an old domain so that carries its own weight.
    VPSnoc.com offers high quality Xen® OpenVZ & Windows® Virtual Private Servers at affordable prices.
    99.95% Uptime | 24/7/365 Support | Unmetered bandwidth.
    Follow us: twitter.com/VPSnoc

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast