* Anyone used 5dollarhosting.com ?

My first impression of this company is good; their site seems very thorough in its explanations, but I'm not certain how competitive it is for the storage and bandwidth options towards the lower end packages.

Has anyone had any experience with them?

Also, how does one calculate bandwidth requirements?

-- Kevin

It have $19.00 setup and the anual plan cost $5.00 per mo, so its $79.00 per year... in my opion is expensive for only 25 mb space, you can find a better host with more features
    www.rackfive.com
    Aquired by Data Provider LLC.

The owners Craig & Terry Mayers are great people. I refer anyone who needs cheep hosting to them since we currently don't offer anything less than $10 per month.

I have never had anyone come back and say they were not satisfied with their service.

Sure there are a lot of others offering the world for $4.99 per month but the level of service they give to newbies is top notch.

Craig is a member of this forum under the alias shpilkus

Do a search for 5dollarhosting or shpilkus, I don't think you will find any negative comments about them.

You shouldn't ever get sucked into a set-up fee, theres just too many hosts who won't charge a penny for set-up.

My only exception to this would be if you knew the company in question had a reputation for quality.

Yes, The setup fee is high and I disagree with the fact that they still charge it, although it is part of their successful business plan. I have seen a lot of 5 dollar hosts come and go but not many can say they have been around since 1997.