Reseller Support Question

Am I entitled to offer 24x7 support to my reseller clients' clients?

I have one client who is getting angry because I have stopped answering all his clients emails which he seems to outsource to be daily. It has become a hassle and has taken time off from working on my own host.

I never agreed to it but he says I'm suppose to. If I am, I will continue to do his support as I don't want to provide him a faulty service but if not, whats the best way to tell him he is going to have to learn this stuff on his own?

thx
    //VPS Blowout going on now! Can you believe it?
    //Installation of any script i.e. Wordpress, theme or plugin(s) included!
    //99.9% Uptime//Live Support//Awesome Deals!
    //CubicHost.org

No. Heck no. Not unless you specifically make that part of your service.

It is the resellers responsibility to handle his clients problems. On the other hand, if he is sending you problems he is not physically able to fix like say you need to install a specific plugin or something, than that is your responsibility.

But if your reseller is just telling his clients to contact you for support, you need to tell him he has to do it. If you don't want to flat outright tell him to do it all, start telling him how to do it instead and he will get the picture.

Like if he is sending you tickets about modifying disk space limits, simply tell him to login to his reseller control panel, find the clients account, go to quota control, and enter the new number.

If you reply like this every time, eventually he will get the point and will just save himself the hassle and do it on his own.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.

I never agreed to it but he says I'm suppose to.
    If you're supposed to, then your own provider would be supposed to do the same for you, but that's not the case, is it?

Unless you have advertised "free end-user support", he needs to start working for the money he's getting from his customers.

Plain and simple, NO

If he has access to fix things, he should fix them for HIS clients. If it's something he has no access to then naturally that's your job.

as dan said, if you didn't state anywhere that you'll provide that kind of support then you are in no way entitled to offer direct support to your reseller's clients.

But what kind of questions is he asking? stuff that the reseller can handle himself?

that could be another issue.

When you create a reseller business of any kind the business relationship should be very precisely defined, The level of support to provide to your resellers is on of the most important thing to have a good reseller business in web hosting. So I would suggest you to to on "Terms of Service".
    Host Color Cloud Servers & Dedicated Hosting & European Infrastructure Hosting
    U.S. Data center 90 miles from Chicago
    Network ★ AS46873 Level 3, Cogent, Hurricane Electric, Retn.net, Midwest Peering
    24/7 Support 1-574-367-2393; Skype: HostColor

Quote Originally Posted by gray929 View Post
    Am I entitled to offer 24x7 support to my reseller clients' clients?

I have one client who is getting angry because I have stopped answering all his clients emails which he seems to outsource to be daily. It has become a hassle and has taken time off from working on my own host.

I never agreed to it but he says I'm suppose to. If I am, I will continue to do his support as I don't want to provide him a faulty service but if not, whats the best way to tell him he is going to have to learn this stuff on his own?

thx
    Ha ha I will have to try that one some time, call the data center and go can you just setup that cPanel clients email and them 3 new vps orders?
    ... Think i would get the phone hung up on me
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -