Security against URL switching and content thieft

I need some application tools but don't know which ones or where to find them. Last night I was paying business tax to state online and after ALL identifying info was entered - it suddenly disappeared! Stolen right off my laptop. Could not retrieve it and it didn't go to the state dept intended. Then this morning, trying to access USPS, the url was constantly redirected. Switched to Firefox and they prevented "redirect" but failed to pull in requested USPS.

Suggestions for protect-ware appreciated.

Thanks,

Im not following you 100%. But it sounds like you may be infected with a virus or malware. You could try running malwarebytes on your computer and see if it finds anything. Just go to malwarebytes.org to download it.

Text theft and url switching

I have Kerio firewall, Avg, Lavasoft anti-virus and windows Bit Defender
    installed so I don't think it's a malware problem. I am using a HP Notebook with wireless capabilities but am using it with dial-up. I think my computer info is being picked up by other wireless customers, looking to steal info. As regards the url redirecting, someone suggested going into Internet Options and asking for no-redirects but I couldn't find that option there.

Quote Originally Posted by Ginny View Post
    I have Kerio firewall, Avg, Lavasoft anti-virus and windows Bit Defender
    installed so I don't think it's a malware problem.
    It's malware, not virus. Go run malwarebytes.

O.K. guys. I'm gonta run malwarebytes. But tell me this please. I switch often between IE and Firefox. If a piece of software like malwarebytes is downloaded to my notebook, is it used by BOTH ofthe browsers -- or restricted to the one I'm on when I download it ?

malawarebytes scans and removes malware from your entire computer, not just a browser. Use spybot in conjunction with Malwarebytes. Neither one detects all malware/spyware, but what one doesnt find and kill, the other usually does.

Thanks for the info, guys. I've downloaded both. Will this wipe out the other problem I mentioned - the problem of having entered url's redirected by I.E.?
    I was trying to get in USPS.com/urmove to change my mailing address and I KEPT on being redirected to moving companies pretending to be USPS by sticking in an opening form that looked like the standard change of address form the postal service uses. Of course it's marketing frauds but I can't figure out which option in IE options controls redirects. None of the options seem to address that problem.