Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Angry stay away from BOXVPS !!

Hi folks,

am really upset and sad about this topic, i look always in webhostingtalk for any new good offers, so i can get some of them, i see the offer

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=875757

so i take 1 vps to try it first, after that like 2 weeks with testing them for support, etc .. they was so fast and really secure support, after that i got another 2 servers, so i have now 3 servers, 2 medium, 1 small vps package, after that they become slowly, day by day, week by week, i have a big problem with them, it's about the HyperVM access,

they disabled the HyperVM from the first day they exploit it, till now !! how pure that, i be-leave it's a good exploit for HyperVM, but they now published to all, and make it open-source, ( of-course he didn't know that they published it, after i told him in support ), then he write a topic in the NOC asking the customers to calm down, till they figure a secure connection ( look he work with the white house ), after that i wait like a week just to let him close my firewall, i upgrade the csf, and it's blocked the 80 port ( some how ) it's blocked, so i cannot work, me or my customer's without to close the firewall !

after 7 ticket's i make in 4 day's, he asking me eddy please don't keep open ticket's !!

is that fair guys ?? i be 4 day's without any work, my phone keep ringing from my customer's,all websites and forums is down! just because the damn firewall, and the damn big problem that he told me it's won't work this command

services csf restart !!!!!!! ( after i shocked i told him use this command plz /usr/sbin/csf -x )

i don't be-leave that this support is still online and don't know how to close / restart the firewall, and i be-leave that boxvps had 1 person who manage everything, and he called his work a support group ticket.. ( Justin ) you can check the whois,

so after 4 days downtime, i decide to close my account's and move out this pure boxvps, i asked him to close my account, and just make my third box up to get the backup and start my work on another company, he told me sure we happy to help you to move out !! < look how he's really dump guy

then i told him okay thank you, just make third vps works fine, till i get the backup, and then I'll move, he said okay, he make 1+2 vps box works fine, the third one he couldn't ! why

simply when i get the server down, before that i check the var/messege file, and it's show that the memory limit if over, so if he just upgrade the ram, or the package for a day, and restart the server, then disable the firewall, it's work like a charm!! but am really sure he don't have any idea on what he make... or support

so the server is still down now for 2 week's, without any respond, 4 sure i lose all my customers because of him, and really think about to prosecuted him, but not sure till he respond here and give me the backup ..

if I'm wrong guys please let me know ( else i work with boxvps, that's Of-course my fault ).

even now if you check boxvps.com you'll see it down

https://boxvps.com
    http://boxvps.com

I'm sorry to hear that.

I also host my blog on there. Small one, just for play'in around. But my VPS seems to be down 2 hours ago, and 12 hours ago and ago and ago. Every day my VPS is down, at 2 hours average.

And now on, i got boxvps also down. So, where is the support? *just asking to myself*

If they are treating a potential customers like this, They shoudnt have opened a company. If they cannot manage or upgrade to a new network i think you both really should move.

There are really good VPS hosts out there such as Server Complete, Wired Tree or even JaguarPC.

Good Luck in the future finding a new host.

boxvps is down again .....

Yes, we know that, in my record since 4 hours ago. I guess it network problem as usual. Because every time they up from going down, my VPS uptime isn't change. It seems the server still up and their connection is down.

Is boxvps hosted on somebody basement? I think like that.

wahaha basement. that is funny `` i try to change to a new vps ..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=885178

that may be a good vps

still wait for boxvps

Yet another VPS provider without a business plan but WITH AMAZING DEALS!
    When people stop flocking to these fly by night vps "websites" (usually not companies at all) the vps industry will get a lot more stable.

Quote Originally Posted by mmhouse View Post
    wahaha basement. that is funny `` i try to change to a new vps ..

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=885178

that may be a good vps
    MAN ! bad support, please dont, i was there and run away like a chicken from them after take my backup ..

I noticed their website is still down ..hmm

can't believe it...to bad .i though it was a good vps ..i can use it.

what problem with that vps?

first week they give you a good support, after week or 2, down time and no respond..,after i keep calling them and open ticket's they told me to pay to another plane for 1 day to get that vps work ( actually i just need thebackup ) so i told them okay bla bla bla somehow i let them upgrade it and i'll pay for them tomorrow, you need to be jerk like them sometimes to life, be care full buddy.

all i need is a large bandwidth ...

yeah right, stay away from unmetered too, why do you think WHT does not allow unmetered offers to be posted on the forum ?
    Also, unmetered can't be considered large since you can't measure it!
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

I was just going to post a topic about my experience (or rather lack of experience) with Boxvps over the last month, ill reply here instead.

To basically sum up, I signed up on July the 31st for a VPS with Boxvps, it’s now August 25th and I still haven’t been able to access my VPS.

It took 5 days for my VPS to be setup, even though the thread on here promised instant setup.

I thought fair enough things can’t always be instant, waited a day before sending them a support ticket. 4 days later I got a reply to my ticket saying my VPS has been setup.

I got the ip and details from the welcome email and I was unable to connect, so I then created another support ticket, about 3 days later I got a reply saying someone would look in to it, I heard nothing more over the next couple of days so I replied to the ticket again asking what’s going on.

A few days later I finally got a 6 word reply saying “the template you selected is vulnerable”

I can tell a lot of care went in to replying to my message, I have since replied twice asking if they could get an os on my vps, Boxvps now haven’t replied to my ticket in over 2 weeks. The only thing ive got is a message saying my ticket has been closed because I haven’t replied to it in over 168 hours... how can I when boxvps can’t be botherd to reply to me in the first place...

To top it off I’ve just received an invoice for the next month when ive not even been able to use the VPS!

If the Boxvps website was working I would post up some screenshots of the rather rubbish support replies I’ve got along with the amount of time it’s taken me to get 6 words out of them.

Boxvps are just con merchants who honestly can’t even be bothered once they have got your money and don’t make any effort to hide the fact.

I think it’s time to file a Paypal dispute against them and get my money back.. Do yourself a favour and avoid Boxvps!!

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneNutter View Post
    I was just going to post a topic about my experience (or rather lack of experience) with Boxvps over the last month, ill reply here instead.

To basically sum up, I signed up on July the 31st for a VPS with Boxvps, it’s now August 25th and I still haven’t been able to access my VPS.

It took 5 days for my VPS to be setup, even though the thread on here promised instant setup.

I thought fair enough things can’t always be instant, waited a day before sending them a support ticket. 4 days later I got a reply to my ticket saying my VPS has been setup.

I got the ip and details from the welcome email and I was unable to connect, so I then created another support ticket, about 3 days later I got a reply saying someone would look in to it, I heard nothing more over the next couple of days so I replied to the ticket again asking what’s going on.

A few days later I finally got a 6 word reply saying “the template you selected is vulnerable”

I can tell a lot of care went in to replying to my message, I have since replied twice asking if they could get an os on my vps, Boxvps now haven’t replied to my ticket in over 2 weeks. The only thing ive got is a message saying my ticket has been closed because I haven’t replied to it in over 168 hours... how can I when boxvps can’t be botherd to reply to me in the first place...

To top it off I’ve just received an invoice for the next month when ive not even been able to use the VPS!

If the Boxvps website was working I would post up some screenshots of the rather rubbish support replies I’ve got along with the amount of time it’s taken me to get 6 words out of them.

Boxvps are just con merchants who honestly can’t even be bothered once they have got your money and don’t make any effort to hide the fact.

I think it’s time to file a Paypal dispute against them and get my money back.. Do yourself a favour and avoid Boxvps!!
    Thanks for the review! Are you still with them or have you saved your data and moved?
    Ekin Ersoy
    Stagnom Servers | Europe Dedicated Servers with Redefined Support
    Follow us on Twitter: @StagnomUK | Like us on Facebook: facebook.com/Stagnom

still down !!

now is fine ...we have to go ask them. ..how often is this happen ..because last mon happened

asked them about what ! i don't need n00b admin's like this, they lost my backup, down my server more than 2 week's, i just make this topic to let every one away from them.

/boxer

oh i see .i though u still want to use boxvps..i just order DMEhost but the support was to slow.to answer question.

There is alot of mazy guys here who own a fast;secure;good feedback about them work's, in the end all back to you.

/boxer

(I love the title of the thread
    Thread Reply:

Unfortunately, I cannot speak directly about any clients situation via a public forum. Though I can say we go above and beyond for every customer.

Im not sure what the HyperVM comment means(they disabled the HyperVM from the first day they exploit it, till now !!). You can view via our NOC status page, that HyperVM has been disabled from the second VAserv had their issue and will remain disabled until open sourced and secured publically

Most customers understand security over convenience. If they need anything directly related to hypervm we will work with them directly to provide what they need, direct phone contact to a tech etc...(after all You are Our customer). We would never ask a customer not to open a support ticket(thought we may recommend to keep related ticket responses in the same ticket(instead of opening 6 tickets with replys to the original ticket[if that makes sense ].

Main Site OFF-LINE Updates:
    Our main site is offline for a bit this morning while we upgraded the physical node(emergency). This does not effect Our ability to provide quality service to our customers.

The server had a hardware issue, in order to bring the server online we will be replacing all replaceable parts. After replacing all parts we still had issues. We then had to swap the chassis which resolved the problem.

All reviews, good or bad help everyone!. Appreciate the time you took in your thread boxer. Hope all is resolved soon for You!
    Last edited by budman714; 08-25-2009 at 08:00 PM.
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

Just as a side comment, we have never lost a backup or vps. Sounds like a misunderstanding.

Even canceled vps's backups stay for months and months. If you contact support Im sure they can resolve anything for you(WHT is not our means of support).

Contact me(Justin) directly(or anyone) 1-866-642-9629 ext. 420
    to resolve your issue.
    boxVPS.com - How big is your box?

Man you know that's you ignoring me with your ticket's ! even your phone none answer it, i keep waiting all day for 4-5 day's with no respond, my problem was soo simple, just disable the firewall, and it's not my fault if you disabled the HyeperVM ( alot of companies here passed that security Issue ) and the customer with them never bother them, After all that happen, i lose my customer, and you waste my time and the friends time on working, and lost my backup till now and it's with your hand, i asked you more than 40 time's and told you my server is down, all the time you wasn't there and the phone (nobody answer), what could i do else write a topic here to explane my msg to you ?

Just as a side comment, we have never lost a backup or vps. Sounds like a misunderstanding.
    Pretty Strange for a customer to say you do not have a backup... As it failed... I guess some one here is BS...
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast