Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Mddhosting website rip in the making...

Looks like an MDDHosting rip or a pretty damn close website look-a-like is on it's way.

I have perfusely tried to contact Mike in regards to this via his methods of contact and all seem to fail, He does not seem to respond.

Anyways this is besides the point, I come across this website:
    http://www.inverclydewebsitedesigner.com/kpr1.html

to

http://mddhosting.com/

Who wants to make some criticism that the site is a rip, Or, A custom rip?
    l Dedigeeks Shared Wordpress Dedicated Established 2006
    l Leading AUSTRALIAN Hosting Provider Sydney & Melbourne Datacentres
    l cPanel/WHM R1Soft Backups 24/7/365 Support SMS Hosting Alerts*
    l www.dedigeeks.com Managing Director Service Superstars

Well they are similar to each other but I would not say that is the kind of the rip or something like that

Well they are similar to each other but I would not say that is the kind of the rip or something like that
    The reason I am saying it is because:
    1, Prices are the same (Coinsidental, Maybe).
    2, At the bottom it has: www.inverclydewebsitedesigner.com (Not sure if he would take credit for the design?).

Seems to creepy to me, It may not be any type of official rip but sure seems like some inspiraiton.

I would say it is/was/started out as a rip.

They have the exact same pricing scheme listed as MDD at the moment. Which, to be honest is a little odd considering they aren't even, rounded numbers. They are quite exact, precise numbers, I would say more than a coincidence.

I would say it is/was/started out as a rip.

They have the exact same pricing scheme listed as MDD at the moment. Which, to be honest is a little odd considering they aren't even, rounded numbers. They are quite exact, precise numbers, I would say more than a coincidence.
    Actually the prices are after an initial discount on a yearly order. But as you say it does seem as if the site was ripped and is being worked on, Perhaps under a false designer name. But honestly it is just not a coinsidence that everything seems quite the same.

Hmm, Wonders.

Quote Originally Posted by ATH-Sean View Post
    The reason I am saying it is because:
    1, Prices are the same (Coinsidental, Maybe).
    2, At the bottom it has: www.inverclydewebsitedesigner.com (Not sure if he would take credit for the design?).

Seems to creepy to me, It may not be any type of official rip but sure seems like some inspiraiton.
    maybe sister company of them... Who knows.... Perhaps Mike will be able spotlight the issues for us here

maybe sister company of them... Who knows.... Perhaps Mike will be able spotlight the issues for us here
    Haha, No! I have high expectations that this is not a sister company. It is more a classic take of steal and re-do in hopes to not get caught.

But you do have a point, Let us wait for mike.

Haha, No! I have high expectations that this is not a sister company. It is more a classic take of steal and re-do in hopes to not get caught.
    In hopes for what I wonder?

In hopes for what I wonder?
    Ok, Let me rephrase.
    - People still other peoples sites, RIP, Then change content and pictures around to hope not to get get caught. This seems to be the case, The site seems to be a rip of MDD but is in the progression of a make over to cover their tracks of ripping mdd content to replace with their own.

Sean

-PS, It is even on their PAGE 1.... http://www.inverclydewebsitedesigner.com/page1.html

Ok, Let me rephrase.
    - People still other peoples sites, RIP, Then change content and pictures around to hope not to get get caught. This seems to be the case, The site seems to be a rip of MDD but is in the progression of a make over to cover their tracks of ripping mdd content to replace with their own.

Sean

-PS, It is even on their PAGE 1.... http://www.inverclydewebsitedesigner.com/page1.html
    I can say they are the lazy owners of the web site and can't create own web design. I can estimate that people which are getting on the inverclydewebsitedesigner do understand where they are and they might have no idea what MDD host is....

I can say they are the lazy owners of the web site and can't create own web design. I can estimate that people which are getting on the inverclydewebsitedesigner do understand where they are and they might have no idea what MDD host is....
    Exactly, It seems they rip content and adjust the design and then sell it! Classic right?

Short Quote from their site:
    I have created the pages below to help you picture how your site will look. All images, text and even layouts are customizable. For example you may wish to enhance your site with flash aminations or even music and video. However you imagine your site will look the inverclyde website designer will make it happen.

Looks as if the content has been removed.
    Mini Snap - http://www.screen-shot.net/ss/59401083850346364.png

Looks like an MDDHosting rip or a pretty damn close website look-a-like is on it's way.
    Yeah, it's definitely a rip. I designed it myself personally so I am 100% sure that our design is unique.

I have perfusely tried to contact Mike in regards to this via his methods of contact and all seem to fail, He does not seem to respond.
    You've tried contacting me via Skype when I was sleeping - almost every night

Anyways this is besides the point, I come across this website:
    http://www.inverclydewebsitedesigner.com/kpr1.html
    I wonder if it was "sold" or got pulled down? If I find it up again I guess I'll send a DMCA but I wouldn't hold my breath.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    Definitely not a sister company, we only operate one brand at the moment and wouldn't use the same design for another brand even if we did start another.

Quote Originally Posted by SiberForum View Post
    It looks like they did quite a bit of work to rip the design because they did a fairly decent job of it, it's really unfortunate - I'll have to keep my eyes open on CopyScape I suppose.
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.
    Ultra-Fast Cloud Shared and Pay-By-Use Reseller Hosting Powered by LiteSpeed!
    cPanel • Free SSL • 100% Uptime SLA • 24/7 Support
    Class-leading support that responds in minutes, not days.

The site is down for me as well, looks like they realized people were on to them and gave up.

Quote Originally Posted by ItsJustHosting View Post
    The site is down for me as well, looks like they realized people were on to them and gave up.
    That's quite possible but I'll definitely keep an eye on them

Maybe when we eventually move to a new design I'll sell them the rights to the current but until that happens it's ours
    Michael Denney - MDDHosting.com - Proudly hosting more than 37,700 websites since 2007.

Well the temp is gone now

Quote Originally Posted by hostingdispatch View Post
    Well the temp is gone now
    Either sold, pulled down, or under another URL...

I find it strange that you are this... worried about the design of a competitor.
    Victor Lugo
    Systems Administrator

Quote Originally Posted by Victor Lugo View Post
    I find it strange that you are this... worried about the design of a competitor.
    Sean and I have done business with each other over the years and one thing that many providers learn is that it's beneficial to network with your competitors and to share information that is helpful as the providers you network with will generally do the same in your direction.

If you close yourself off to the possibilities of networking with your competitors you could very well be digging yourself quite the hole.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Sean and I have done business with each other over the years and one thing that many providers learn is that it's beneficial to network with your competitors and to share information that is helpful as the providers you network with will generally do the same in your direction.

If you close yourself off to the possibilities of networking with your competitors you could very well be digging yourself quite the hole.
    Agreed . Friendship inside competition or healthy competition I would say.

Quote Originally Posted by iHubNet-Matt View Post
    Agreed . Friendship inside competition or healthy competition I would say.
    Networking with other companies and individuals associated with "the competition" tends to be very beneficial to all involved. All parties involved of course have to be careful not to disclose confidential company information or any proprietary trade secrets.

It's like a friendship between two people - there are good friendships and bad friendships - and just because somebody is a friend doesn't mean that you tell them everything. This is just on a larger, more professional scale.

Quote Originally Posted by MikeDVB View Post
    Networking with other companies and individuals associated with "the competition" tends to be very beneficial to all involved. All parties involved of course have to be careful not to disclose confidential company information or any proprietary trade secrets.

It's like a friendship between two people - there are good friendships and bad friendships - and just because somebody is a friend doesn't mean that you tell them everything. This is just on a larger, more professional scale.
    Yes Mike I would also like to emphasize the word 'professional'

Mike has summed it up, But I like to help where I can and it is not just for MikeDVB but for the community in general!

Mike has summed it up, But I like to help where I can and it is not just for MikeDVB but for the community in general!
    Yep.... I just find it strange a web design company actualy had to rip mddhosting.......
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast