Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Quote Originally Posted by Mickoes View Post
    Isn't giving bad advertisement to a competitor a bad business practice?

Anyhow, I never had any downtimes on my side and I'm on a UK node. But yes, their billing is really really slow now. They will refund you if they need to, but that can take a few weeks.

Not sure what you're talking about, but I *was* a customer of theirs for a short period of 2 weeks and then had a fight and a battle to get out from underneith them.

I still hope that chargeback stung when it hit them. Poor communication, poor planning for failures, and best of all, poor customer service.

Find it still suprising they still have a "fan boy" following. No matter how bad something gets people will try to defend them because they offer cheap prices.

Look at all the great (sarcastic) reviews recently. Then to top it off, I stil get their advertisement emails for new services and such.
    USNYR Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about, but I *was* a customer of theirs for a short period of 2 weeks and then had a fight and a battle to get out from underneith them.

I still hope that chargeback stung when it hit them. Poor communication, poor planning for failures, and best of all, poor customer service.

Find it still suprising they still have a "fan boy" following. No matter how bad something gets people will try to defend them because they offer cheap prices.

Look at all the great (sarcastic) reviews recently. Then to top it off, I stil get their advertisement emails for new services and such.
    I don't know if by "Fanboy" you were talking about my reply. Anyhow, it doesn't mean that I should flame them because they are suffering from direct consequences of what they did in the past.

They have always answered my *support* tickets in less than 24h except when they were hacked and that's perfectly understandable. I also had a problem recently with their billing department, it took them forever to cancel my overdue invoice but they did it.

I have already did business with Vaserv in the past and from what I can tell, Rus is a very honnest and dedicated guy that doesn't want to see his company fail (well, his department now I guess). I'm pretty sure they're doing their best right now, to answer those hundreds of cancellation tickets and billing tickets because of all the mess that the hacking created.

If you're VPS is messed up and they don't respond to your ticket well it's maybe because they don't have the time to solve your ticket nor the manpower. Keep in mind that they don't have a very large team so they must work with what they've got. Business-wise, I think that they prefer to keep 100 clients that can be handled with easy quick-fixes than spending that whole afternoon on a very serious case and making the other clients waiting that will eventually place cancellation requests because they're tired of waiting. That's very sad to hear but they must keep the shop running with what they got.

After all, they have given us a 2-month credit because of our data loss. That wasn't in their TOSes, they could close everything and screw the credits. If you lose your data, you can't even win in court because their TOS is clearly stating that they're not responsible for data loss. But guess what, they even tried to restore our data, but even if they have maybe failed to do so, they've tried. Fanboy? I see a good-willing company that is just trying to get out of all the sh** they were in.

And I must say, I didn't see any Bluesquare rep helping them either. Don't blame Vaserv for that, it's not Rus' decision anymore to hire more reps. But yeah, if BlueSquare doesn't do something soon their company will lose many clients. Will they care?

We always tend to think about ourselves first but I don't think that's the way we should do it. Yes, your bad experience was caused by their lack of follow-up but that doesn't give you the right to tell publicly that they suck because they don't suck, they're just unable to cope with the work load, a thing that every human would do in their situation.

Peace
    Last edited by Mickoes; 08-28-2009 at 04:14 PM.

I've had 3 VPSs through them for a while, and long before the hack. Just got another one. Other than recovering from the hack, I've honestly had no issues. All my machines have been up, serving just fine, and no issues at all. Any tickets I have opened are quickly acted on. Uptimes -

First vps - 17:50:09 up 81 days,
    Second VPS - 17:52:56 up 81 days,
    Third VPS - 17:51:09 up 9 days (I rebooted recently)

Two running almost 3 months with no issues. Hmmm.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

And...I just bought a 4th VPS from FSCKVPS today. Ordered, had everything loaded up and serving withing an hour.

Honestly, I have (and have had) service with them, spread across multiple locations, for a long, long time now. Aside from the hacking incident, I've had '0' issues. I would say luck of the draw, but I have multiple servers, multiple locations, over a long period. I'm not the easiest to please, either. Of the 4 VPS services I use, it would be very hard to call which of 3 is best. FSCK is definitely a top contender. So much so that this new server is for a certain project with one of our largest clients. Maybe you've heard of them. AT&T. Ring a bell? (pun intended)

Benchmark for brand new VPS -

INDEX VALUES
    TEST BASELINE RESULT INDEX

Dhrystone 2 using register variables 376783.7 21505246.2 570.8
    Double-Precision Whetstone 83.1 1506.6 181.3
    Execl Throughput 188.3 9645.1 512.2
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks 2672.0 201436.0 753.9
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks 1077.0 71334.0 662.3
    File Read 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks 15382.0 1535735.0 998.4
    Pipe-based Context Switching 15448.6 870786.7 563.7
    Pipe Throughput 111814.6 2892343.7 258.7
    Process Creation 569.3 26027.1 457.2
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent) 44.8 1614.5 360.4
    System Call Overhead 114433.5 2283434.3 199.5
    =========
    FINAL SCORE 442.3
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12