Exclamation FSCKVPS sucks recently!!

They charged me $10.24 instand of 9.95 this month. And after Aug.22, the VPS is totally down. I've send them e-mail. But no reply for both issue. Don't know what they are doing!
    Last edited by Asolar; 08-24-2009 at 10:54 PM.

Seems to be quite a few of these threads lately.

This can be an alart to new VPS buyer.

Quote Originally Posted by Asolar View Post
    They charged me $10.24 instand of 9.95 this month. And after Aug.22, the VPS is totally down. I've send them e-mail. But no reply for both issue. Don't know what they are doing!
    How long is your last email to them?

Maybe you need to wait a little?
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Just get another provider.... seriously!

There really is no point anymore in coming here and posting a grievance, because at best, they will respond with a question about what is your ticket# or something, and then say they are looking into it, and a parade of people will say give them a chance as they are demonstrating a willingness to work with you... blah.. blah...

You either feel comfort or you do not.

I cannot see how anyone can be pissed about a $0.29 difference, so that should not enter into the equation.

If they have been for two days... that is more of a concern.

You either get service or you don't. Hopefully, you are complaining about no access, and not $0.29.
    Mike

fskcvps and boxvps are both not good .boxvps down again.. it was terrible...

fsckvps/vaserv are now absolutely horrible ever since BlueSquare took over. Billing NEVER replies to tickets unless you submit a ticket to support and ask them to get billing dept to look at your ticket.

I just made a post about my experience, http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=885406

yea right last mon i order two ips .they not give me any ip information....

You pay for a budget and highly oversold host and guess what you end up with? unfortunately I also used one of their vps's for a while.
    - Buying up websites, side-projects and companies - PM Me! -

i'm still using fsckvps boxvps and DMEHosting vps ..also got a teamvps

Considering it's a 3% increase, I would assume it is a late fee. Also, their TOS clearly states:

Should payment be late by greater than 2 days we reserve the right to levy a late fee on your account of $10 or 10% whichever is higher. Beyond 1 day late we will suspend your server.
    I know they charged 3% (maybe the late fee amount was changed recently?), but I would think your VPS has either been suspended or terminated.

Hopefully I am wrong.
    Cpanel/WHM • PHP • Perl • Ruby • Full Time Support
    LCWSoft - Canada web hosting (based in Newfoundland) since 2007
    Servers based in the US and Canada (Uptime Report)

I've looked into this and we have not charged the client more than the standard $9.95. What normally happens in these case is the credit card provide adds a fee for overseas transcations
    Russ Foster - Industry Curmudgeon

Quote Originally Posted by redmeds View Post
    Just get another provider.... seriously!

There really is no point anymore in coming here and posting a grievance, because at best, they will respond with a question about what is your ticket# or something, and then say they are looking into it, and a parade of people will say give them a chance as they are demonstrating a willingness to work with you... blah.. blah...

You either feel comfort or you do not.

I cannot see how anyone can be pissed about a $0.29 difference, so that should not enter into the equation.

If they have been for two days... that is more of a concern.

You either get service or you don't. Hopefully, you are complaining about no access, and not $0.29.
    Acturally I only use FSCKVPS as an backup server after hack issue.
    But from Aug.11 to now, most of time the VPS is down!! After I send them ticket, the VPS can only last for less than 24 hours, then down again!!

I've send their billing for refund twice, but they don't!!

To everyone, keep away from FSCKVPS!!

Of course, I already ternimated the server after current billing cirle, but that will be 11 of next month!!

Quote Originally Posted by rghf View Post
    I've looked into this and we have not charged the client more than the standard $9.95. What normally happens in these case is the credit card provide adds a fee for overseas transcations
    But before is always $9.95
    And m payment is to Sep.11. But from Aug.11 to now, most of time the VPS is down. I can not find a reason that shall not refund me for one moth. As you are not providing the service as contracted!!!!

And m payment is to Sep.11. But from Aug.11 to now, most of time the VPS is down. I can not find a reason that shall not refund me for one moth. As you are not providing the service as contracted!!!!
    When they were bought out, they probably switched payment processors, adding those fee's.

As for the downtime, did you pay? If not, that's why...
    Not sure what to put here :-P

It's not just recently, I think they've always sucked we are just now noticing heh

Good luck trying to get any money back from them, I had to go right to my credit card with the dispute.
    USNYR Hosting

The host machine you are on is running quite happily

[[email protected] ~]# uptime
    10:10:51 up 56 days, 23:22, 1 user, load average: 0.35, 0.39, 0.36

EDIT: Ignore my first post. You placed a request for immediate cancellation for the VPS on the 23rd August and as such we took it down
    Last edited by Russ Foster; 08-28-2009 at 10:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseweb View Post
    When they were bought out, they probably switched payment processors, adding those fee's.

The customer requested cancellation of the server so it was taken down

Quote Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
    It's not just recently, I think they've always sucked we are just now noticing heh

Good luck trying to get any money back from them, I had to go right to my credit card with the dispute.
    Isn't giving bad advertisement to a competitor a bad business practice?

Anyhow, I never had any downtimes on my side and I'm on a UK node. But yes, their billing is really really slow now. They will refund you if they need to, but that can take a few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickoes View Post
    Well you would be surprised about what bad advertisement to a competitor can do for you but you need to have brains also to do it otherwise you'll just end up to nothing.

Rus is a very cleaver guy and fsckvps just had some bad luck. Just give them some time and I can bet that Rus will do wonders with FSCK and the rest as he did until recently when some idiot tried to bring them down.
    IntoDNS - Check your DNS health and configuration
    FLEIO - OpenStack billing and control panel for service providers

my vps with fsck is running good, i dont see any problem like that.

Quote Originally Posted by mooseweb View Post

Hi, already paid to Sep.11st. If not, why will I post the thread? I am not that free.

Hi, already paid to Sep.11st. If not, why will I post the thread? I am not that free.
    The OP placed a cancellation request with us to stop his hosting so hence we disabled it per his request

I can concur that FSCKVPS has gone downhill, glad I didn't spend more than a few days there.

However, the shall get credit for the willingness to work with me on my issue.
    But, blaming the ventrilo server software for your own mistakes drags that said above down...

Well even though they are very slow on the billing ticket, Vaserv/fsckvps is not a dishonest company imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Mickoes View Post

Anyhow, I never had any downtimes on my side and I'm on a UK node. But yes, their billing is really really slow now. They will refund you if they need to, but that can take a few weeks.

Not sure what you're talking about, but I *was* a customer of theirs for a short period of 2 weeks and then had a fight and a battle to get out from underneith them.

I still hope that chargeback stung when it hit them. Poor communication, poor planning for failures, and best of all, poor customer service.

Find it still suprising they still have a "fan boy" following. No matter how bad something gets people will try to defend them because they offer cheap prices.

Look at all the great (sarcastic) reviews recently. Then to top it off, I stil get their advertisement emails for new services and such.
    USNYR Hosting

Quote Originally Posted by ZacUSNYR View Post
    Not sure what you're talking about, but I *was* a customer of theirs for a short period of 2 weeks and then had a fight and a battle to get out from underneith them.

I still hope that chargeback stung when it hit them. Poor communication, poor planning for failures, and best of all, poor customer service.

Find it still suprising they still have a "fan boy" following. No matter how bad something gets people will try to defend them because they offer cheap prices.

Look at all the great (sarcastic) reviews recently. Then to top it off, I stil get their advertisement emails for new services and such.
    I don't know if by "Fanboy" you were talking about my reply. Anyhow, it doesn't mean that I should flame them because they are suffering from direct consequences of what they did in the past.

They have always answered my *support* tickets in less than 24h except when they were hacked and that's perfectly understandable. I also had a problem recently with their billing department, it took them forever to cancel my overdue invoice but they did it.

I have already did business with Vaserv in the past and from what I can tell, Rus is a very honnest and dedicated guy that doesn't want to see his company fail (well, his department now I guess). I'm pretty sure they're doing their best right now, to answer those hundreds of cancellation tickets and billing tickets because of all the mess that the hacking created.

If you're VPS is messed up and they don't respond to your ticket well it's maybe because they don't have the time to solve your ticket nor the manpower. Keep in mind that they don't have a very large team so they must work with what they've got. Business-wise, I think that they prefer to keep 100 clients that can be handled with easy quick-fixes than spending that whole afternoon on a very serious case and making the other clients waiting that will eventually place cancellation requests because they're tired of waiting. That's very sad to hear but they must keep the shop running with what they got.

After all, they have given us a 2-month credit because of our data loss. That wasn't in their TOSes, they could close everything and screw the credits. If you lose your data, you can't even win in court because their TOS is clearly stating that they're not responsible for data loss. But guess what, they even tried to restore our data, but even if they have maybe failed to do so, they've tried. Fanboy? I see a good-willing company that is just trying to get out of all the sh** they were in.

And I must say, I didn't see any Bluesquare rep helping them either. Don't blame Vaserv for that, it's not Rus' decision anymore to hire more reps. But yeah, if BlueSquare doesn't do something soon their company will lose many clients. Will they care?

We always tend to think about ourselves first but I don't think that's the way we should do it. Yes, your bad experience was caused by their lack of follow-up but that doesn't give you the right to tell publicly that they suck because they don't suck, they're just unable to cope with the work load, a thing that every human would do in their situation.

Peace
    Last edited by Mickoes; 08-28-2009 at 04:14 PM.

I've had 3 VPSs through them for a while, and long before the hack. Just got another one. Other than recovering from the hack, I've honestly had no issues. All my machines have been up, serving just fine, and no issues at all. Any tickets I have opened are quickly acted on. Uptimes -

First vps - 17:50:09 up 81 days,
    Second VPS - 17:52:56 up 81 days,
    Third VPS - 17:51:09 up 9 days (I rebooted recently)

Two running almost 3 months with no issues. Hmmm.
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)

And...I just bought a 4th VPS from FSCKVPS today. Ordered, had everything loaded up and serving withing an hour.

Honestly, I have (and have had) service with them, spread across multiple locations, for a long, long time now. Aside from the hacking incident, I've had '0' issues. I would say luck of the draw, but I have multiple servers, multiple locations, over a long period. I'm not the easiest to please, either. Of the 4 VPS services I use, it would be very hard to call which of 3 is best. FSCK is definitely a top contender. So much so that this new server is for a certain project with one of our largest clients. Maybe you've heard of them. AT&T. Ring a bell? (pun intended)

Benchmark for brand new VPS -

INDEX VALUES
    TEST BASELINE RESULT INDEX

Dhrystone 2 using register variables 376783.7 21505246.2 570.8
    Double-Precision Whetstone 83.1 1506.6 181.3
    Execl Throughput 188.3 9645.1 512.2
    File Copy 1024 bufsize 2000 maxblocks 2672.0 201436.0 753.9
    File Copy 256 bufsize 500 maxblocks 1077.0 71334.0 662.3
    File Read 4096 bufsize 8000 maxblocks 15382.0 1535735.0 998.4
    Pipe-based Context Switching 15448.6 870786.7 563.7
    Pipe Throughput 111814.6 2892343.7 258.7
    Process Creation 569.3 26027.1 457.2
    Shell Scripts (8 concurrent) 44.8 1614.5 360.4
    System Call Overhead 114433.5 2283434.3 199.5
    =========
    FINAL SCORE 442.3
    This is the best signature in the world....Tribute!
    (It is not the best signature in the world, no. This is just a tribute)