cheap Intel Core i7 ??

hello.
    i need to a dedicated server
    cpu:Intel Core i7
    ram: 6 ~ 8 gb
    hdd: 1 tb at least
    bw : 3000 gb at least
    my budget : $80 monthly
    i am not crazy! i know my budget is low but i can pay setup fee too!
    i found hetzner that is near my budget and request but i need more options.

thank you very much

Off topic: Good luck with that. I doubt your going to be getting quality networking or support for those prices.

Your best bet would be buy the equipment outright and colocate it. Otherwise there's like next to impossible to get that low unless they were to rip you off or give you a hard time.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

yes. but i cant pay $1000 or more for hardwares.

i can pay setup fee too!
    What about that? Some providers charge for the server.

i can pay setup fee about $ 200~250

The closest I found was at Sentris but it was like $120 something and you had to pay for a year upfront to get it.

Take a look in the dedicated offers section, and even ask some hosts that have an i7 about contracts to get it down low. I guarantee though that they'll be above at least $100 cause the CPU is newish to the market and the Core2 series are being cleaned out at some providers to make room for the new i5s i9s etc.
    #---.#---###### | Host Mist LLC - Helping People Say Hello World™
    #---.#---#--#--# || Shared, Reseller, Master Reseller, VPS, Dedicated
    ####---#--#--# }| Featuring multiple locations across the US & Germany.
    #---#---#--#--# #| Connecting the world through web hosting.

Are you serius?

1TB + 6GB + I7 for $80 bucks even with a $250 fee lol...

I'm suprise you didn't ask/dream for a 100mb our 1gb port... hAHaha

Quote Originally Posted by fixxxer View Post
    hello.
    i need to a dedicated server
    cpu:Intel Core i7
    ram: 6 ~ 8 gb
    hdd: 1 tb at least
    bw : 3000 gb at least
    my budget : $80 monthly
    i am not crazy! i know my budget is low but i can pay setup fee too!
    i found hetzner that is near my budget and request but i need more options.

thank you very much

$80/month for that is going to be unreasonable if you actually expect to have the order filled. Try Gigenet. They are about the closest you are going to get to that.

Your model actually doesn't make sense.

If you are willing to pay 80 bucks a month + 250 dollar setup fee, that means in a year, you will be out $1210. Then your argument that you can't afford 1000 dollar hardware becomes moot since what you are willing to pay is already above 1000 dollars for a year going forward, unless your plan involves a 6 month cycle, then you can't even amortize your $250 setup fee.

I say, suck it up and buy the gear out right. You probably only need 1 server anyways.

Get the following:

MSI X58M $160
    i7 920 from microcenter $200
    6GB ram $100
    2x Western Digital Caviar blacks 1tb = $180.
    2U case + power supply $150(pick something cheap)

So for hardware you will be out $800. And you own the thing out right, which will depreciate over the next 3 years. Then contact Uberbandwidth, it is priced at 15 dollars per U and 15 per Amp. So you need 2U+1.5A = about $50 dollars a month + a 10mbit port at 4 dollars a mbit.

The thing is: this is probably the cheapest you can do yourself. The closest Dedicated server host will probably want to double that and charge you close to $200 a month like GigeNet.

So $800 down + $50 colocation + bandwidth at $4/mbit is probably the best thing you can do right now.

Edit: on the second hand, why not get a Dell R410 with E5504 with 6GB ram and dual hard drives for about $1100. Sure it is a weaker server, but you get ECC ram, and it is 1U + less than 1A. So your colocation fee will be $25 dollars less a month. A solid alternative over i7 DIY if you ask me.
    Last edited by tshen83; 08-25-2009 at 12:17 AM.

Hetzner or Giga-International are the only ones ANYWHERE near your bduget

Quote Originally Posted by BurstNET View Post
    You will not find new i7 920 CPUs for $200...$250-$275 is more likely as of this date.
    I suppose that statement was for me. Except you are wrong.
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0302727

For some reason microcenter was able to work out a deal with Intel or something, probably to flush the i7 920 inventory clean for Intel so Intel can move onto i5 on P55 chipset(basically castrating what's good for the i7 920)

Although for server usage, I already said that there are way too many retarded Dedicated Server hosts selling i7 920s, when the Xeon W3520 D0 is priced the same at 1K Intel price and offer ECC over the i7. ECC ram's price premium also diminished to the point where non-ECC just doesn't make any sense.

Also given how cheap the Dell R410 is, and how cheap the Xeon E5504 is, I am surprised that there isn't more Dedicated offers for E5504 servers hitting the $100 mark, it is just a much better quality server (ECC, 2way scalability, Westmere upgradability) over Core 2 Quad Supermicro backroom builds that most dedicated host people sell. I guess that is why they are dedicated hosting people in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by tshen83 View Post
    I suppose that statement was for me. Except you are wrong.
    http://www.microcenter.com/single_pr...uct_id=0302727

For some reason microcenter was able to work out a deal with Intel or something, probably to flush the i7 920 inventory clean for Intel so Intel can move onto i5 on P55 chipset(basically castrating what's good for the i7 920)

That may explain it, as no other vendor is even near that price.
    I'd expect a limited supply available, a closeout maybe...and note that it is in-store pickup ONLY.

Yeah, I have a microcenter near by so, I am lucky. For some weird reasons, they had the i7 920 for $200 deal for months now, every other week, it is on the weekly ad. I asked the manager why it was, and I was told that it is the same as the good deals on say Alberson's weekly ad -> to draw people into the place to buy more stuff. The reason was that for every i7 you buy, you will need a mobo and 6GB of ram minimum, and a case and power supply. So they amortize $50 dollars over the whole system you will buy.

Still for server usage, W3520 is better than i7 920 for the same 1000 unit price, yet the dedicated people didn't pick up that fact. The only thing against the W3520(and i7) is the 130TDP rating, which means 2U is necessary to house one 130W TDP CPU, while the E5504 is cheaper and only takes 80W, and can scale to 2way in 1U. So it is definitely worthwhile to give up 667Mhz of CPU to get the E5504s

Hey BurstNet,

Are you the owner of BurstNet or just the marketing guy for BurstNet?

Either way, I think you guys should seriously consider the Dell R410 with E5504 as the basis for your dedicated hosts. Considering you can get it from Dell frontpage(without even calling a rep) for $1000, the price for the server can be amortized in as little as a year, while giving the next 2 years of almost pure cash flow. It is also upgradable to 6 core Westmere with HT later on. It is so cheap that it makes Core2Quads on Supermicro gear look like a waste of time.

I am just saying, because I am not likely going to be a customer of dedicated server ever, but it is a huge opportunity for the hosts to jump on Nehalem train and beat others who are still Supermicro non-ECC players.

Take a look at http://kimsufi.co.uk/ - You can only order from specific European countries however.

Also, http://www.hetzner.de/
    Last edited by SeedBit; 08-25-2009 at 05:48 AM.

thanks seedbit for kimsufi!
    i found an alternative for hetzner at last!

The kimsufi plans look so much like the hetzner, right down the the detail. Same prices, same setup, same system for buying extra IP's/upgrades, Im wondering if they have partnered or something.
    - Colin Dunn | Systems Administrator
    I think CentOS is a pretty cool guy. eh runs mah server and doesnt afraid of anything...
    ^ That sig/meme is so old, I just don't have the heart to change it. I hope the cool kids around still get it... 2008 was a good year!

Quote Originally Posted by SeedBit View Post
    Take a look at http://kimsufi.co.uk/ - You can only order from specific European countries however.

Also, http://www.hetzner.de/
    If I'm not mistaken, kimsufi is OVH. And I have seen too many bad reviews about OVH. But the OP can try this out and post a review after 3 months

i'm sorry but you are not getting those server specs at $80/month. it's just unreasonable.

You need to increase your budget to about $220/mo or colocate instead.

good option in webnx

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=884162

Intel Core i7 920, 12GB DDR3 memory, 1x 1TB RE3 HDD
    Super fast DDR3, 4 cores at 2.66ghz each, new architecture with direct memory controller
    12GB DDR3 memory
    1x 1TB RE3 HDD, +$10 2x 1TB RE3 (lots of disk options in stock)
    $165 with 2TB/100mbps Premium Mix OR unmetered/10mbps
    WebSitePanel / Hosting Controller / Smartermail / Installation / Configuration / Troubleshooting / Migrations
    Windows Server Management / Security / Hardening
    I speak English and Spanish

yes. but i cant pay $1000 or more for hardwares.
    I find it hilarious nobody has said exactly this.

If you cant afford it, how do you expect your host to afford it? Sure, they have a lot more money then you, but they need to be able to afford the hardware (and the network/support/power/etc.) on the budget you bring them.

You've already admitted your budget is inadequate, you need to rethink the proposition obviously, by your own statements.

hello
    thanks friends for your suggestions
    my budget increased for $100
    porcupine
    it is not impossible. i found 3 company for my needs
    some servers are about 1000 dollars but datacenters rent those for 80 dollars. intel quad core 8200, 1 tb hdd, 8 gb ram. i found that
    so i can pay setup fee too. i think thats possible.(i found 3 company)

$100 will still not make it to i7. That is impossible fixxer. You are shooting for stars!
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

hello
    thanks friends for your suggestions
    my budget increased for $100
    porcupine
    it is not impossible. i found 3 company for my needs
    some servers are about 1000 dollars but datacenters rent those for 80 dollars. intel quad core 8200, 1 tb hdd, 8 gb ram. i found that
    so i can pay setup fee too. i think thats possible.(i found 3 company)
    If you found 3 companies, why are you posting here then? Go buy it from one of those three.

if you found 3 companies then those are the only companies you can find. For all we know, they can all be related to OVH (3 companies: OVH, kimsufi and hetzner). Other than that, your budget is impossible. I would suggest you go and buy from one of those 3 companies
    All things work together for the good of those who love God - Romans 8:28

That is impossible. Go buy it from one of those three because you can never find other reputable DC offering i7 in that price range. You have to be realistic and increase your budget.
    Last edited by emsjs1; 08-26-2009 at 10:47 PM.

I can't understand why you don't getting the server from hetzner for example as their price is within your budget. Is there a reason for this?
    www.guru-host.eu
    Clustered hosting, VPS & dedicated servers in the UK, Germany, France and Greece since 2003.

I believe he is looking at all his options and wanted to see if anyone else knew of such a company.

Quote Originally Posted by asmar View Post
    I can't understand why you don't getting the server from hetzner for example as their price is within your budget. Is there a reason for this?
    He is probably looking for more cheaper... :-)
    Specially 4 You
    JoneSolutions.Com ( Jones.Solutions ) is on the net 24/7 providing stable and reliable web hosting solutions and services since 2001

Quote Originally Posted by net View Post
    He is probably looking for more cheaper... :-)
    Honestly, I can't see any cheaper providers than hetzner, OVH or kimsufi.

fastfrag.co.uk have i7s which have awesome performance

Quote Originally Posted by Bobster View Post
    fastfrag.co.uk have i7s which have awesome performance
    OP's budget is 100 USD only. The site you gave us does not meet this budget

I'm running a dedicated server right now with the following specifications:

Intel i7 920
    12GB DDR3 RAM
    500GB SATA 7.2k RPM Primary Drive
    250GB SATA 7.2k RPM Backup Drive
    4TB Bandwidth Per Month

And that's running be $247.00 each month. For you to ask for effectively 2/3's of that rig for $100 or under per month seems to be pretty unrealistic.

You really should probably seriously reconsider your actual needs or try to increase your budget because I doubt you're going to really be receiving quality service for the budget you're running on...provided you can even find someone who does actually MEET your budget, not just come close.

you can get a i7 server at less than 100 dollars, if you want to prepay for months, i purchased 2 i7s under $100, including win 2k3

Quote Originally Posted by underduck View Post
    you can get a i7 server at less than 100 dollars, if you want to prepay for months, i purchased 2 i7s under $100, including win 2k3
    Where at? Volumedrive?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast