XFACTORSERVERS One Week Review

\Hey I just recently started with XFACTORSERVERS a week or so ago. Upon setting up my purchase I requested a Gig-E port. I said I can give more money. Well today I’m still awaiting my upgrade which is odd in my opinion. Usually if you ask for a server with most anything you can get a price, and have it set-up. I’ve seen server’s offered with 2Gig-E so I know it’s not impossible to provide it. Other then my large issue with the port speed the server seems fine. Good network so far, it’s reaching ~94 mbps which is top notch for a 100mbit.

Now the hardware is ok, I didn’t order the fastest on the block, a 2.4 GHz Core 2 Duo, with 4 GB of ram, 250 GB HDD, 2TB of bandwidth, and Windows Server 64bit. Setup took about 14 hours. Not that bad.

Customer service, overall a good experience for a team of four they are almost always available via live chat. This for me makes solving issues so much more bearable, and efficient. Derek who is the owner knows a good bit about computers, but he really has a lot to deal with. They offer a lot more then just Dedicated servers..

Overall Rating: 8/10
    Hardware 10/10
    Network 9/10
    Support 9/10
    Customizability 5/10 (Will improve if they can get me moved to the Gig-E port I requested.)
    Last edited by hotpass105; 08-24-2009 at 06:21 PM.

Thanks for the review, it's always good to hear positive comments about any provider.
    I'm part of the Chicago Breast Cancer 3 Day!
    Because Everyone Deserves a Lifetime.

HotPass,

Thanks for the great review and it's always nice to have someone write a good review as they are hard to come by. We will do our best to get that Gige port for you.

Thanks Derek.

Thanks for the review, I am sure if you post a video testimonial on YouTube, it would be even better!
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com

Nice review. I believe XFactor is one the better game and voice server providers out there.

Quote Originally Posted by igxhost View Post
    Nice review. I believe XFactor is one the better game and voice server providers out there.
    IGXHOST,

Thanks for the kind words as it's a tough market to compete in.

Like one said on this forum;

Yes joining a hosting company is similar to getting married. Like a married guy saying 'It's been 24 hours and so far so good'. Reality Check!. You are on your honeymoon. Same goes with a webhost. Your first few days / weeks are the honeymoon period. It's the long haul which really matters.

To early to review IMO
    Automated, Secure & Low Cost cPanel Backups (on the cloud)
    For Users & Web Hosting Providers - User Backups

Quote Originally Posted by verdictjosh View Post
    Like one said on this forum;

Yes joining a hosting company is similar to getting married. Like a married guy saying 'It's been 24 hours and so far so good'. Reality Check!. You are on your honeymoon. Same goes with a webhost. Your first few days / weeks are the honeymoon period. It's the long haul which really matters.

To early to review IMO
    That is true , but you should look at how many bad reviews on WHT for the first week and how many people say "TIME TO FIND A NEW HOST".

HotPass is expressing his intial experience with us , which many people do not get a good first week , if people only reviewed only 3 months in how would people know how the setup went etc.

That is true , but you should look at how many bad reviews on WHT for the first week and how many people say "TIME TO FIND A NEW HOST".
    3/4 of times those people that post Time to Find a new host... Are just whingers something that could of been dealt with the host... IMO if people actually waited 3 months to do a review then alot more of them would actually be sensible and legit...

Derek and his staff have a good thing going. Great job guys!

Xfactor is eh. Could be better, nice gaming servers tho, the hosting is way over priced tho. But thats just a opinion cooming from a cheap person lol.

Quote Originally Posted by EnvoHosting View Post
    Xfactor is eh. Could be better, nice gaming servers tho, the hosting is way over priced tho. But thats just a opinion cooming from a cheap person lol.
    What experience do you have with them? Xfactor is a good value and Derek knows his stuff.

Always great to see positive reviews posted by the customers for his host.
    Thanks for sharing.
    SUPPORT FACILITY | 24/7 TECH SUPPORT
    SERVER MANAGEMENT | WEB HOSTING SUPPORT | WP EXPERTS

I used there shared, way to overpriced, but again like I said, the gameservers were nice.

I used there shared, way to overpriced
    Your Joking right...

10 GB space for $15, thats not overpriced at all. Hint Hint Sarcasm.

It's nice to see some hosts that don't blatantly sell something they really can't provide (overselling).

I don't know about you, but if I had a shared hosting account I'd rather work with a company that is selling at sustainable margins.
    ColoCrossing - Dedicated to Uptime
    Jon Biloh | jbiloh@colocrossing.com | 1.800.518.9716 | Skype: jbiloh
    DDOS Protected Colo & Dedicated Servers in Buffalo, Chicago, Dallas and Los Angeles

Glad to see they have been good for you.

I dont think they are expensive if there not overselling much. They are not over priced you just like overcheap hosting.
    Leader of the new anti sig spamming club.

Hint Hint... That reasonable... And from that price I would feel more secure that my account will be up 99.9% of the time... hardware/software faults will be attended to almost instantly... Support should be snappy... Sure you can find this from a 100GB for $15.00 host... But you go to ask yourself what are they comprising to offer this...

Bring's me to this particular guy selling $29.75 per year accounts they maths indicates..
    You would have to sell 1800 accounts just to have a wage of your own every year...

This guy does not have Google marketing advertises here with a post count of 10... Domain is just over a year old name servers indicate he only has 27 accounts.... I mean thats why I think $10 for 15GB is a great offer...

I used there shared, way to overpriced, but again like I said, the gameservers were nice.
    We have never had a customer from Russia, so I am not exactly sure how you have experienced our shared hosting.

@ Verdict , Yes you are correct we are not in the market for shared hosting we just offer shared hosting as an extra service for our clients so they can host there clan websites and fast download for there game servers but that doesn't mean we can't offer the support & service any other shared hosting company that directly targets that market.

I also apperciate the support in this thread.

Derek.
    Last edited by XFactorServers; 08-26-2009 at 06:01 PM.

I live in Michigan also.

I live in Michigan also.
    So how do you manage that ?

I mainly live in Russia. I am in Michigan for a few parts of the year for business in the states.

I mainly live in Russia. I am in Michigan for a few parts of the year for business in the states.
    I am not too concerned , but you never used our shared hosting only our game servers , so like I said you never experienced our shared hosting (Was able to look up your account from your AIM name).

Either way, apperciate all the kind works you folks posted.