Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Good ways to advertise a hosting company?

I am looking for good free ways to advertise my hosting company? Does anyone have a good list of forums I can use to advertise it?
      0 Not allowed!

The best and free way to advertise is your friends.Tel them directly or through mails....
      0 Not allowed!

The in person route is a good way to go as well, visit local businesses and tell them what you can offer. Get a few of those signed up, offer incentives for referrals, etc.
    Chris Larkin
    Senior Hosting Consultant
    SingleHop Managed Dedicated Servers
    http://singlehop.com
      0 Not allowed!

Word of mouth is the single best ways to advertising possible .You can achieve this by taking care of your clients . By this way they will refer your business. However it will take some time and not something that happens overnight.
    Support Facility | 24/7 web hosting technical support services
    Technical support | Server management | Data migration

Technical Articles
      0 Not allowed!

Call up your friends and post your ads on your friends's facebook walls
    We Have Generated Over 7 Million cPanel Backups Come Dance Together With Us Y'all!
    Offer Your Own Backup Hosting Service - SiteAutoBackup.Com (Private Label / WHMCS Ready)
    WebHostingBusinessBook.Com | YouTube.com/WebHostingTutorial | NowOpenOnline.Com
      0 Not allowed!

6 Not allowed!

Thanks dbbrock1..!! Really useful links..
      0 Not allowed!

I agree serveradminz - thanks dbbrock1
      0 Not allowed!

I would recommend you to use these methods for advertizing hosting services: PPC advertizing, Search Engine Optimization, add a company to hosting coupons, hosting reviews websites, popular hosting forums and directories. Implement an affiliate program into your company's website and pay honestly for each sale generated. Hope such a strategy will bring the certain results in the future.
    Last edited by Andreyfidrya; 09-03-2009 at 08:01 AM.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    I would recommend you to use these methods for advertizing hosting services: PPC advertizing, Search Engine Optimization
    I personally would not recommend these two.

PPC will run you dry before you can even blink, and the results will not be worthwhile if you are a newbie to PPC marketing. If you have years of experience on the other hand, you might have a chance at turning a profit via PPC - otherwise, stay far away from it.

The same goes with search engine optimization. You are looking at a year + to break a respectable placement for any web hosting term. Those guys on the front page for terms like web hosting, cheap web hosting, fast web hosting, php web hosting, etc. are paying thousands of dollars a month just to keep their rankings up there. Can a new host honestly compete with that?
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Nothing will ever beat the word of mouth of a satisfied customer. Wow your customer so much that they want to tell the world and that'll beat anything you can do with any amount of advertising every time.
    Christian Dawson
    Chairman, i2Coalition
    http://www.i2coalition.com
    follow us on Twitter @i2coalition!
      1 Not allowed!

Hey Paidhosts...here are a few other posts on wht that deal with paid/unpaid advertising...hope it helps. Good luck!

http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=876631
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=862819
    http://www.webhostingtalk.com/showthread.php?t=878498
    Stephanie Ostheimer
    Director of Account Management
    SingleHop Dedicated Servers
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by dbbrock1 View Post
    I personally would not recommend these two.
    Why wouldn't you recommend these two methods? I think that they work good and provide a website with a targeted audience.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by Andreyfidrya View Post
    Why wouldn't you recommend these two methods? I think that they work good and provide a website with a targeted audience.
    I explained why in my previous post. Simply put: It costs way too much for what you will get out of it. Not to mention, you have to have skill at those two methods.

You don't just go on adwords and post your ads for your hosting company. You test, test, test, and test some more. Not only that, but you have to have some sort of experience before hand or else you are going to burn through thousands of dollars in no time at all.

SEO also takes practice, time, and money.
    Download my eBook + Videos: Starting your own successful web hosting company.
    Learn from a web host with 7 years of experience.
      0 Not allowed!

Cant quote, but dbbrock1 thanks a lot for the info mate

A a good way if offering promotions to new customers, good web hosting design, first impression counts a lot.
      0 Not allowed!

Jo Stonehouse - Kualowww.kualo.com
    Shared Web Hosting, Reseller Hosting, Cloud VPS & Dedicated Servers
    UK: 0800 138 3235 ❘ USA: 1-800-995-8256
      0 Not allowed!

I use Twitter and depend on word of mouth from my customers.
      0 Not allowed!

WebHost18.com - Domains | Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | VPS Server
    Bravo Technologies - Complete Network and Security Solutions Provider
      0 Not allowed!

Tailored VPS offers fully customizable VPS Hosting
    Powered by OpenVZ | Servers located in the USA | 99.9% Uptime
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Spent abit of cash on advertising banners in WHT/FWS/Others
      0 Not allowed!

Yep, you must start with a Good budget if you are planning for PPC and SEO. SEO for Web Hosting companies is a toughest part.

I would suggest to target your audience continuously through print ads, email marketing..etc. and to choose your own webhosting niche before starting advertisement campaign. People are ready to open their wallet if you provide pleasing offers and support.
    AssistanZ - Beyond Boundaries...
    Cloudstack Consultancy / 24x7 Web Hosting Support / 24x7 Server Management / Infrastructure Management Services
    Web & Mobile Apps Development / Web Designing Services / Php, Grails, Java Development
      0 Not allowed!

any one success using face book?
    911URGENTENTERPRISE.COM - Online New Zealand Webhosting Center
    █ All Your data back up daily
    CUSTOMER SUPPORT 24/7 Customer Support, Phone Support, Live Chat Support , Free Videos Tutorials, Extensive Online Documentation, Integrated Ticketing System, One-Hour Ticket/E-mail Response Guarantee
      0 Not allowed!

I know the OP said "free", but since this thread has already gone way beyond free - consider this. The radio industry is hurting a lot (down 40-70% depending on the market). Radio sales reps are making ridiculous deals on radio ad space just to keep the slots filled. It's never going to be as cheap as Internet advertising, but you can reach quite a bit of people, and if you target the market well enough, you can generate lots of interest.

Just something out of the box to think about.
    Joe Cooter - <jcooter(at)sliqua.com>
    Executive Vice President - Sliqua Enterprise Hosting, Inc.
    1-877-4SLIQUA - http://www.sliqua.com - http://www.isyourmissioncritical.com
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks, very usefull the forum links
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

No one has mentioned Google Adwords yet so why not try that? you can usually get a free 50 voucher from somewhere. (10 deposit required)

Also choose a niche market and concentrate on advertising to them. Flyers, business cards etc.
      0 Not allowed!

Quote Originally Posted by TinyHosting View Post
    No one has mentioned Google Adwords yet so why not try that? you can usually get a free 50 voucher from somewhere. (10 deposit required)

Also choose a niche market and concentrate on advertising to them. Flyers, business cards etc.
    PPC includes Google Adwords. It can become very expensive after the initial 50 free which doesn't last long.
    John Slane | Systems Administrator
      0 Not allowed!

Start selling to mates and if its a good service they will tell there mates etc , you would get a good name for the company.
      0 Not allowed!

these sites are useless because when I post my add in their people leave comments saying i am spamming or saying their is a spam fest or some crap so its useless
      0 Not allowed!

Does banner advertizing here at WHT help?

We've tried Google Adwords, invested quite a lot, analysing things now, I wish I could discuss this with someone who has also tried this to see what pertains personally to us and what things are more or less objective.
      0 Not allowed!

Thanks those links helped alot!
      0 Not allowed!

me too still looking wehere the place beside forums and directory, sure use google adwords is the best i thnik
      0 Not allowed!

I'm still pretty new but i have tried to use free services and forums before with limited success. It's pretty tough to find people willing to deal with you if you are new to the game. I have alright success with classifieds. Now i'm not talking about just craigslist but the local papers in your area. That would cost you money for the ads. But even better would be to search out local businesses in your area. Most of them will not have a website so you could either provide that for them or have someone else, but you could be their host

residnt
      0 Not allowed!

Try to optimize your website for search engines, and maybe create a group on facebook for it. Add your friends in there, word of mouth should do the rest.

Visit/Email local businesses. Cold calls/emails could help on the start if you don't wish to invest in advertizing.
      0 Not allowed!

@Dbbroke thanks a lot for the list,bookmarked
      0 Not allowed!

Post here.
    VPSforMe.com - OpenVZ Virtualization with SolusVM Control Panel on High Quality Servers.
    VPSforMe.com - Inexpensive VPSs with great features.
    VPSforMe.com - 24/7 Ticket Support with FAST Replies
    VPSforMe.com - CEO Jackson H - [email protected]
      0 Not allowed!

good list of links, thanks. pursuing local businesses I would think would be a good start, build a client base.
      0 Not allowed!

0 Not allowed!

Just like in this forum you are expected to contribute. No one wants to read a forum with nothing but advertisements.

I think Dan's suggestion was to join those forums, put together a halfway acceptable signature, then participate! Advertise when and where appropriate.

I think the list is a great start and would add http://dnforum.com to it if you have a membership. You'll also have luck with the same tactic participating in forums that are closer to your personal interest, as well.

Quote Originally Posted by sbyoung1979 View Post
    these sites are useless because when I post my add in their people leave comments saying i am spamming or saying their is a spam fest or some crap so its useless
    consultingmode
    Effective, Personalized Support
    Hosting & Consulting Excellence since 1999!
    Accelerated Professional Hosting
      0 Not allowed!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast