Customer Account Software

I need customer account software so they can make an account so each time they purchase, they do not need to re-enter their contact information. I don't need to store credit card information but will be forwarding it along with their contact information to another secure site using their API. Their API does the checking and the final billing transaction. The host is FreeBSD/Apache/MySQL/PHP and the main software they are using is PHP based. Does anyone know of a piece of software that would be well suited for this type of activity?

Thanks!

Are you selling a service, downloadable product, physical product? Its hard to recommend a good program without more information.

For a general billing solution i would go with modernbill, WHMCS if you are doing hosting.

I'm involved in getting the sale of the service only. I put customer and vendor together. I receive a commission from the sale. I need to allow customers to optionally create their own accounts so each time they buy, they do not need to re-enter their contact information since they pay by credit card. Sales to the customer are not based on a repeatable time period. The same customer may never return. At the time of the sale, I pass the address and credit card information, whether from the account or from what they hand entered, to an XML-based API to complete the sale. The actual billing and collection are not handled by me. It is actually a pending sale because after the sale, there may be cancellations, in which case their credit card is credited back, or if the vendor doesn't get paid, I don't get paid. The API is proprietary. These are the reasons why the only thing I can make use of in this situation is something that allows the customer to create his own account, and for me to securely store his contact information so when he logs in, I can fill in the form from his account information so he doesn't need to each time he orders.

Thanks!
    Last edited by IT_Architect; 08-25-2009 at 11:32 AM.

Modernbill is wayyyy to hard to use. I would definitely recommend WHMCS!

Quote Originally Posted by webdev_guy View Post
    Modernbill is wayyyy too hard to use. I would definitely recommend WHMCS!
    Thanks for the input. As I recall there is a cost per account which doesn't make sense for something that could have many thousands of entries, most of which are inactive, and none of whom you invoice. I've decided to write my own. For what I need, it will be easier than learning one already written.

Thanks!

I've been using WHMCS for a couple years now and I do the non-branded for I think $16.95/mo. But there's no per account fees or anything like that.

Try phpinvoice, too.
    DomainCart - Domain and Hosting Shopping Cart with Integrated Bootstrap Hosting Template.
    www.domaincart.net - Demo